PDA

View Full Version : grawr problem and need help

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok so here's the deal. This started about a week and a half after i finished installing my system. My subs have a low rumble coming out of them ONLY when the car is one. it's very deep. Ifi change some of the settingon the amp they get louder and quieter. It happens when i have my cd player on cd or tuner. not during aux tho...b/c nothing's hooked up there. Im thinking my amp just decided to crap out of me... I've talked with co workers up at circuit city they said it could be a strange engiine noise problem. So i ran a ground wire from the head unit to the ground where my amp is grounded. nothing...still there. I got new rcs's, still there. re wire the subs over and over...still there. Re-did every wiring possible. so i'm left with it either being signal coming from headunit, or something messed up in the amp... so yeah what do you guys think it could be? my system is listed in another post named "whatcha think" .....so now, whatcha think XD gah.

98strat
01-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Happened on my old amp. Amp was f***ed. Replaced it problem gone. See if a buddy has an amp u can borrow and hook it up to your wires. If the same thing happens its your signal. If its correct and no noise occurs its the amp.

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
well i just took back my amp, and got another amp... i was hooking it up and like when i went to put the ground in it sparked at me... car was off, no key in.. it was wierd and i vaguely remember that happening last time i hooked it up... i'm thinking maybe that spark fucked things up...idk tho it wierd.. but yeah the noise is still there.

sina518
01-28-2006, 06:50 PM
usually when that hapens you blow the fuse. check your fuse replace it if blow. and next time you hook up a amp take the negative terminal off the batt

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 07:06 PM
usually when that hapens you blow the fuse. check your fuse replace it if blow. and next time you hook up a amp take the negative terminal off the batt

done, nothing changed XD

b@d @pple
01-28-2006, 07:42 PM
what kind of car..do you have an aftermarket radio?

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 07:47 PM
I drive a 93 Plymouth Acclaim...if you've heard of it i'm amazed XD

system:
Pioneer dehp4700mp
Polk speakers all the way around
Infinity 611a amplifier
2 - Infinity Referance series 1242
Sealed box(b/c ported wouldn't fit in trunk)

b@d @pple
01-28-2006, 07:50 PM
yea i have heard of it i had a 91 acclaim like 8 years ago...

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 07:52 PM
amazing lol, i've talk to many ppl and they are like "wtf is an acclaim" gah but man this noise is annoying the hell out of me. Not many other people hear it as well as i do. i have extremely sensitive hearing so it's louder to me. Others can hear it tho, just not as bad.

b@d @pple
01-28-2006, 07:55 PM
well without hearing it myself i really couldnt tell ya whats goin on ..but if you are out near buford next week i werk at traffic jams...cmon in and i will c what i can do !

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Well during the week i live in marietta, but on some weekends i stay in gwinnett couty(lawrenceville)...sadly i won't be back on that side of town for a few weeks

b@d @pple
01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
i live in marietta as well

v3rd1g0
01-28-2006, 08:25 PM
damn that's a pretty long drive to get to work n back XD i work in atlanta at the circuit city across from cumberland mall, and i had to drive to work and back during winter break of college(had to stay in l'ville at the time), and i hated the drive XD got annoying lol.

v3rd1g0
01-29-2006, 12:22 PM
anybody else have any ideas?