PDA

View Full Version : BEST HIPHOP/ALBUM Of MY COLLECTION

Julio
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
This is my Collection.. hopefully Im not missing any, since I have so many...

From 1991 And up

Hulud
01-27-2006, 07:15 PM
is there a pic?

Julio
01-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Sorry , 20 is all I can add.. lol

Hulud
01-27-2006, 07:26 PM
o got it lol

#1Beaver
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM
voted

Hulud
01-27-2006, 07:28 PM
im voting chronic 2001 cause its the only hiphop album i own

Julio
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
FYI.. some may be asking wtf is fat joe doing up there.. if you guys have never heard of his REPRESENT album wich came out in 1993, I reccomend you guys get it.. shit is a classic album that never got any play or respect, I bet you will enjoy it.. SHit is fire.

Julio
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
im voting chronic 2001 cause its the only hiphop album i own

Great choice my man.. btw, that album is classic :goodjob:

Hulud
01-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Great choice my man.. btw, that album is classic :goodjob:
yea i gotta break it back out, i think im gonna do that now

quickdodgeŽ
01-27-2006, 07:55 PM
My fav isn't up there. Later, QD.

Hulud
01-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Still D.R.E.

#1Beaver
01-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Bone Thugs thats my fav

ironchef
01-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Damn i've only listened to 3 of those lol, I really need to get to listening to the other ones. But for the ones i have heard i'd say its between 36 chambers and chronic 2001. I liked 2001 > chronic 92 more cause well the beats were better imo, lyrically theyre about the same though. But 36 chambers was damn good though imo. C.R.E.A.M how true is that song lol?

CMO
01-27-2006, 11:06 PM
You didn't have my favorite so I had to go with the Chronic I just got done playing that shit.

A1EX
01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
chronic 2001 is my choice

xxrealmsxx
01-27-2006, 11:13 PM
I voted Fugees because of the mood I am in. All good albums, 36 Chambers would be my next choice I like to be different but it's been a fad for the past 4 yeras to insist illmatic is the best.

NzProjeKt
01-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Hate it or love it... Illmatic = Hip Hop Bible.

eViLMunkey
01-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Can't vote .. Cypress Hill isn't on there.... IV is my favorite from them....

devinwebb907
01-28-2006, 12:43 AM
all eyez on me is the best rap cd ever made.

/end thread

Negrodamus
01-28-2006, 02:04 AM
READY TO DIE. The album that made biggie a legend considering the fact that is only album released when he was living.

99ITRGIRL
01-28-2006, 03:42 AM
none

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Hate it or love it... Illmatic = Hip Hop Bible.

Lolol. Later, QD.

Crazy Asian
01-28-2006, 04:41 AM
oh snap I meant the Chronic 2001 DAMN IT!!!

Julio
01-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Lolol. Later, QD.

Thats not funny... None of the rappers you like can even come close to making a album like that :lmfao:

Anyone in the Hip Hop business will tell you from old to new school, that Illmatic is one of the bext albums ever made.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 08:25 AM
man good choice of songs julio, you got a good taste in music homeboy, there are so many fucking classic albums up there its so hard to pick one.......man............i'm not even gonna anwser this poll

but folks if your going to buy a rap cd, buy any listed above

chrisdavis
01-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Gotta go with the first Chronic album.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Thats not funny... None of the rappers you like can even come close to making a album like that :lmfao:

Anyone in the Hip Hop business will tell you from old to new school, that Illmatic is one of the bext albums ever made.

I actually never said it wasn't good. But a standard for all hip hop? No. That's why it was funny. And I've also never stated that any rapper that I like is the best rapper in the world. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I actually never said it wasn't good. But a standard for all hip hop? No. That's why it was funny. And I've also never stated that any rapper that I like is the best rapper in the world. Later, QD.

the best rapper from west coast...(tupac) was really born in NYC if that means anything :crazy:

Illmatic > anything from the west minus pac

sorry but if your a hip hop head you will agree illmatic has to be in the top 3 best albums.....illmatic was nas's prime album

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 09:56 AM
oh yeah julio.....your forgetting one of the best rappers of all time (eminem)

Leisa
01-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I dont have any of the ones listed..... :confused:

Julio
01-28-2006, 09:59 AM

I know you never said it wasnt good, But I know where you were going with your "LOL" ;)

Illmatic is probably in the top 3 or 5 best albums ever.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:00 AM
the best rapper from west coast...(tupac) was really born in NYC if that means anything :crazy:

Tupac is not my favorite rapper and I know where he is originally from.

Illmatic > anything from the west

Matter of opinion and preference. If you like his style over WC styles, then maybe so. I don't like his style. Doesn't mean I don't think he's one of the best.

sorry but if your a hip hop head you will agree illmatic has to be in the top 3 best albums.....illmatic was nas's prime album

I've been listening to hip hop since 1982. I know all sorts of things you wouldn't expect a 35 year old white dude to know(lolol). I consider myself a "hiphop head" and a sort of know-it-all. As I do consider Nas a top rapper, I don't have him in my personal Top 3. Maybe 5, but not 3. And that does not put me away from "hip hop head" status. it just means that we have different tastes in styles. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I know you never said it wasnt good, But I know where you were going with your "LOL" ;)

To a religious person, the Bible is a basis for all life. So to call a rap album a Bible to rap, the album would have to be a basis for all rap. I don't think it is. That's all i was saying. Nothing derogatory to Nas.

Illmatic is probably in the top 3 or 5 best albums ever.

Lolol. I posted that at the same time. Later, QD.

Julio
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
oh yeah julio.....your forgetting one of the best rappers of all time (eminem)

Yeah man.. I actually could not add anymore.. 20 was the limit.. But there a few more Im missing...

Like..

EM
RAKIM
LL COOL J
SLICK RICK
ANd the list Goes on with a few others.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:03 AM
EM
RAKIM
LL COOL J
SLICK RICK
ANd the list Goes on with a few others.

Very cool list, except for Em, lolol. EPMD had great shit back in the day. Melle Mel and Flash and Busy Bee. Later, QD.

Julio
01-28-2006, 10:03 AM

Matter of opinion and preference. If you like his style over WC styles, then maybe so. I don't like his style. Doesn't mean I don't think he's one of the best.

I've been listening to hip hop since 1982. I know all sorts of things you wouldn't expect a 35 year old white dude to know(lolol). I consider myself a "hiphop head" and a sort of know-it-all. As I do consider Nas a top rapper, I don't have him in my personal Top 3. Maybe 5, but not 3. And that does not put me away from "hip hop head" status. it just means that we have different tastes in styles. Later, QD.

QD, Post yout top 5 albums?.. Lets see ..

But you are right , diffrent styles for everyone though.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 10:04 AM

agreed.

Julio
01-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Very cool list, except for Em, lolol. EPMD had great shit back in the day. Melle Mel and Flash and Busy Bee. Later, QD.

Oh C'mon Cant hate on the white boy..

Just because he doesnt rhyme about 24's , gold chains, Nigga this, Pimp and hoes doesnt mean he cant rap.

He talks about what alot of White kids go through this days... popping pills, abuse and weird shit..

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 10:07 AM

Just because he doesnt rhyme about 24's , gold chains, Nigga this, Pimp and hoes doesnt mean he cant rap.

He talks about what alot of White kids go through this days... popping pills, abuse and weird shit..

not only what white people wanna hear.....when eminem wants to get gangsta he straight murders tracks

and the thing about eminem is he has never really got out shined in any other callboration with any rappers

for example RENEGADE with jay z, they both had fire verses but.

Eminem > jay z

alot of people dont give the whiteboy the credit he deserves

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
My favorite has to be

NWA - 100 Miles and Runnin
Eazy E - Eazy Duz It
The DOC - No One Can do it Better
Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
Run DMC - Run DMC

I just can't get away from the WC style as my favorites. Run DMC is there because I just used to love to listen to that. Still do. Eric B and Rakim is just classic. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:11 AM

Ugh. I hate down south rap too. Lolol. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:12 AM
alot of people dont give the whiteboy the credit he deserves

Never said he wasn't good. I just don't care for him. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 10:13 AM
My favorite has to be

NWA - 100 Miles and Runnin
Eazy E - Eazy Duz It
The DOC - No One Can do it Better
Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
Run DMC - Run DMC

I just can't get away from the WC style as my favorites. Run DMC is there because I just used to love to listen to that. Still do. Eric B and Rakim is just classic. Later, QD.

respectable list....but you can tell were coming from a whole differnt generation of rap. your age makes me understand your list....not to sound harsh or anything

me and my uncle always arguing....tellin me that nowadays rap is crap......he would always reminiace(sp) of chillin on the block with his boom box to his shoulder bboying with his flat top adidas on with the matchin adidas jump suit with like 20 gold chains....lol.....sorry uncle but not my style haha

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 10:18 AM
respectable list....but you can tell were coming from a whole differnt generation of rap. your age makes me understand your list....not to sound harsh or anything

Very true and no, you don't sound harsh. I'm glad I got to grow up listening to the old stuff when it was new. I know what your uncle was saying. I used to have one of those big ass boxes, too. Playing all the Roxanne songs and BDP and buying LL's first tape the day it came out, lolol. Not only my age, but being from where I'm from, I'm more inclined to like that more. Later, QD.

ironchef
01-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Julio any way you could burn those cds into one mp3 cd and let me borrow it? I need to listen to all this stuff you guys say is classic lol.

EJ25RUN
01-28-2006, 11:37 AM
where is rakim :confused:

best rapper of all time.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2006, 11:40 AM
He out there. I do know he's doing something. Later, QD.

EJ25RUN
01-28-2006, 11:43 AM
no no no,

i mean why is he not part of that list.

he's about to be 38 and holding a concert in ny this week.

NzProjeKt
01-28-2006, 01:16 PM
hahaha the temperture is rising in here.. there is no way that "The Chronic" is the best HipHop Album in your collection.

36 Chambers >>>>>>>>>>>> The Chronic

Shouldnt this thread be in the Music forum ?

Hulud
01-28-2006, 01:33 PM
all eyez on me is the best rap cd ever made.

/end thread
good call the thread did end...

Hulud
01-28-2006, 01:34 PM

it doesnt

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
it doesnt

too bad it was directed toward Qd not Hludfag or whatever the hell your name is

NzProjeKt
01-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Fight Fight Fight.. Yall should battle rap it out.

eViLMunkey
01-28-2006, 01:54 PM
^Bwahahaha

Hulud
01-28-2006, 02:02 PM
too bad it was directed toward Qd not Hludfag or whatever the hell your name is
im not the one in a car club....
and how was it directed only at him?

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 02:46 PM
im not the one in a car club....
and how was it directed only at him?

the first thing you said just really proved how ignorant you are, so your saying only fags join car clubs? :rolleyes:

and it was directed to him because i quoted Him....

you were trying to be a smartass, you and me know that..just quit trying to be a little whore do us all a favor and shut the fuck up whenever grown folks are talking.

you prob dont even listen to rap, you were just tryin to be an asshole....but your asshole attempt failed miserably

Hulud
01-28-2006, 02:51 PM
the first thing you said just really proved how ignorant you are, so your saying only fags join car clubs? :rolleyes:

and it was directed to him because i quoted Him....

you were trying to be a smartass, you and me know that..just quit trying to be a little whore do us all a favor and shut the fuck up whenever grown folks are talking.

you prob dont even listen to rap, you were just tryin to be an asshole....but your asshole attempt failed miserably
bitch please adults? you are from from one
goin around calling people names? grow the fuck up
i know i was being a smart ass the was the point :doh:

if you look back on the first page it proves i listen to very little rap, but it proves i listen to rap all the same

and as to your original comment it doesnt matter where someone is born, oh no he was really born out east whoopty fuckin do. its where someone calls home, which he called the west coast home.

so dont come at me acting all tough saying your an adult, cause you're not. calling people names really makes you look like an adult :rolleyes:

and when did i say ONLY fags join car clubs? i never said fags did i never used the word, just makin a point that you must be cool cause you're in one. in my opinion clubs are dumb but thats me to each his own i guess...

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 02:55 PM
bitch please adults? you are from from one
goin around calling people names? grow the fuck up
i know i was being a smart ass the was the point :doh:

if you look back on the first page it proves i listen to very little rap, but it proves i listen to rap all the same

and as to your original comment it doesnt matter where someone is born, oh no he was really born out east whoopty fuckin do. its where someone calls home, which he called the west coast home.

so dont come at me acting all tough saying your an adult, cause you're not. calling people names really makes you look like an adult :rolleyes:

so tell me something....why be a smartass in the first place? You dont know me and i could care less who the fuck you are but im not one of your little buddies and i wont take your smartass remarks lightly. I dont play that shit.

If you know little about rap why even come in here acting like you do? Seems like you always have something smart to say whenever i talk so if you got something you need to say to me or something you need to get off your chest please let me know....

Hulud
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
so tell me something....why be a smartass in the first place? You dont know me and i could care less who the fuck you are but im not one of your little buddies and i wont take your smartass remarks lightly. I dont play that shit.
who that fuck i am? i never said i was anybody...

If you know little about rap why even come in here acting like you do? Seems like you always have something smart to say whenever i talk so if you got something you need to say to me or something you need to get off your chest please let me know....
i never acted like i knew anything about rap :confused:
all i said was that it doesnt matter where someone was born... my point was that it doesnt matter where they are from just where they call home.

and when else have i been a smartass towards you? :confused:
i mean if you really want to take one comment that personal go right ahead but REAL adults dont let little shit like that bother them :rolleyes:

Hulud
01-28-2006, 03:01 PM
and also if you direct a post towards someone and dont want anyone else to comment either say so in the post or keep it in a PM so you dont get so bent out of shape by one little comment

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 03:06 PM
who that fuck i am? i never said i was anybody...

i never acted like i knew anything about rap :confused:
all i said was that it doesnt matter where someone was born... my point was that it doesnt matter where they are from just where they call home.

and when else have i been a smartass towards you? :confused:
i mean if you really want to take one comment that personal go right ahead but REAL adults dont let little shit like that bother them :rolleyes:

if you knew anything about anything tupac was pretty much behind the whole east vs west thing...while he was in california throwin up the westside W saying fuck the east he was pretty much being a hyprocrite because hes from Ny.....Alot of people think pac is from cali because he reps it to his death...even has tatoos....You probaly have no idea wtf im talking about but thats why it was meant for QD in that sense....to clear that up, you tried to be smart acting like you knew.......

And shut the fuck up already with your "adult" speech...it feels like im talking to my damn grandad or something....if i want to act like a fucking 2 year old i'll act like a 2 year old and you cant really do shit about it...

Next time you have something smart to say do us a favor and keep it to yourself..... :goodjob:

Hulud
01-28-2006, 03:12 PM
if you knew anything about anything tupac was pretty much behind the whole east vs west thing...while he was in california throwin up the westside W saying fuck the east he was pretty much being a hyprocrite because hes from Ny.....Alot of people think pac is from cali because he reps it to his death...even has tatoos....You probaly have no idea wtf im talking about but thats why it was meant for QD in that sense....to clear that up, you tried to be smart acting like you knew.......
you're right, since you know me and alli i knew none of that: i didnt know he was from ny, i didnt know hey had tatts reppin cali, i didnt know he was throwin the W :rolleyes:

but hes not a hypocrite is the point, its where you call home not where you are born

And shut the fuck up already with your "adult" speech...it feels like im talking to my damn grandad or something....if i want to act like a fucking 2 year old i'll act like a 2 year old and you cant really do shit about it...

Next time you have something smart to say do us a favor and keep it to yourself..... :goodjob:
US? it seems you're the only one with a problem.
just a little reminder you are the one who started the adult speech :goodjob:

PhAtBoYMr2
01-28-2006, 03:17 PM
you're right, since you know me and alli i knew none of that: i didnt know he was from ny, i didnt know hey had tatts reppin cali, i didnt know he was throwin the W :rolleyes:

but hes not a hypocrite is the point, its where you call home not where you are born

US? it seems you're the only one with a problem.
just a little reminder you are the one who started the adult speech :goodjob:

omg im talking to a brick wall.......
and yes i do have a problem....its you. :2up:

anything else you have to say to me......please come find me...im not one to go back and forth over the internet like a bitch....im always around and i go to northpoint meets so if you want to approach me and discuss this issue please do so....im done going back and forth with your bitchass.

Hulud
01-28-2006, 03:18 PM
omg im talking to a brick wall.......
and yes i do have a problem....its you. :2up:

anything else you have to say to me......please come find me...im not one to go back and forth over the internet like a bitch....im always around and i go to northpoint meets so if you want to approach me and discuss this issue please do so....im dont going back and forth with your bitchass.
damn you really are getting worked up i sent you a pm to clear this shit up

sorry bout the thread jack for a lil now back on topic
whats your favorite album?

NzProjeKt
01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
I told yall the temperature was rising...

NzProjekt = IA's Prophet!

1439/2000
01-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Well, I voted Wu Tang cause they were my favorite mid 90s.

Also Ice-T's Power album was awesome as well as Third Eye Vision from the Hieroglyphics crew. Casual and Del the Funkee Homosapien were so damn creative. I remember hearing them on the Plan B skateboard video Virtual Reality in 91 when I was young thinking, i've never heard rap like that.

Hulud
01-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I told yall the temperature was rising...

NzProjekt = IA's Prophet!
hahaha
he has a problem with me and he wont respond to the pm's ive sent to try to resolve this but whatever :crazy:

gen2biscuit
01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
this best rap album is public enemy fear of a black planet

Boosted S60R
01-29-2006, 12:20 AM
this best rap album is public enemy fear of a black planet
gettin close to 100 pimpin

DP97ACCORDLX
01-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Chronic2001 and All Eyez on me are both classics!!

JoeCoolinATL
01-31-2006, 12:55 AM
This is my Collection.. hopefully Im not missing any, since I have so many...

From 1991 And up

and to think i thought you were going to say new kids on the block - hangin tough