PDA

View Full Version : Question about vehicle titles.... Theft recovery?

mp5o
01-27-2006, 07:10 PM
So... I get a call from the Police department I believe... And they tell me my car has been found and where it's currently located. Now... What do I do from here? Notify the insurance company the car has been found? Will anything happen to the title?

I've already gone to look at it/snap pics and I'm arranging plans to pick it up 2mrw. I'd like to find out what will happen with the title b4 I go and sell it off as a clean title to someone and get called out for being a scammer of some sort(Which I'm not....).

A.P. Photography
01-27-2006, 07:12 PM
So... I get a call from the Police department I believe... And they tell me my car has been found and where it's currently located. Now... What do I do from here? Notify the insurance company the car has been found? Will anything happen to the title?

I've already gone to look at it/snap pics and I'm arranging plans to pick it up 2mrw. I'd like to find out what will happen with the title b4 I go and sell it off as a clean title to someone and get called out for being a scammer of some sort(Which I'm not....).
Did you have full coverage? If the insurance declares it total then it would become a Salvage title I believe

mp5o
01-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Did you have full coverage? If the insurance declares it total then it would become a Salvage title I believe

No it was on liability and I got no compensation from the insurance company.

RandomGuy
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
nah the titles clean...but if they do carfax it they'll find out it was stolen... if u go thru insurance and they total it, then its salvaged but u said u got liability right

mp5o
01-27-2006, 07:16 PM
nah the titles clean...but if they do carfax it they'll find out it was stolen... if u go thru insurance and they total it, then its salvaged but u said u got liability right

Correct, it was on liability but I did report it stolen to them... So I should definatly call them and tell em its been recovered?

A.P. Photography
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
yeah, so it will basically be a clear title with a stolen/recovered record on the carfax

RandomGuy
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM
are you 100% sure they wont cover it... i dunno u may have some wierd policy no one knows about ;) worth a shot?

mp5o
01-27-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah, so it will basically be a clear title with a stolen/recovered record on the carfax

Well the policy has already been canceld for the car... I still need to report it to them? Im not sure they giva fuck after the policy's been canceled. If I dont call them and say something will the title still be alright?

speedminded
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
It's still clean if no claim is made on it.

A.P. Photography
01-27-2006, 07:33 PM
word

mp5o
01-27-2006, 07:50 PM

Aight well I made a claim that it was stolen. I jsut called and told them its been recovered. I'm waiting on a phone call for 2mrw. But with it being on liability im 99% positive that the title is fine. The lady on the phone told me they have nothing to do with the title on liability, its up to the dmv.....

speedminded
01-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Aight well I made a claim that it was stolen. I jsut called and told them its been recovered. I'm waiting on a phone call for 2mrw. But with it being on liability im 99% positive that the title is fine. The lady on the phone told me they have nothing to do with the title on liability, its up to the dmv.....Exactly, and if it's not reported to the DMV then it should be ok.

mp5o
01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Exactly, and if it's not reported to the DMV then it should be ok.

Cool. I'll see 2mrw if the insurance company did or not.