PDA

View Full Version : *READ: SCAMMED AT THE NOPI NATIONALS BY PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND?*

dartingd
04-14-2005, 02:28 PM
I am not saying that this magazine is a scam, but I emailed them to see what their reply would be. I purchased a subscription from them a couple years ago at the Nopi Nationals and never got a single issue. I have also spoken with various people who purchased subscriptions at the Nationals as well, and no one ever received an issue. Here is the email sent to Performance Auto and Sound by me. I will post their reply as soon as I receive one.

My name is Dustin Mealor. A couple years ago, I attended the Nopi Nationals, were your magazine had a booth set up. There were I believe three to four young guys selling subscriptions to you magazine for $14.95 I think it was, and with purchase you received a t-shirt with your magazine's logo on it, as well as a drawing on the back. The only problem is that I, and everyone else who purchased subscriptions there, never received a single issue. I know this has been a couple years, but I called the numbers that were listed in the magazine at different times, left messages at all the numbers, and emailed the names that were listed, and never got a response. I email you today asking that you correct this. This is absolutely not the way to run things. I still see your magazine on the shelves nowadays, but am surprised at how you survive. The Nopi Nationals is a very large show, and I know that if I asked on a web board who didn't receive their subscriptions, I could come up with at least 10 in a day, because I've done it before. I have not bad mouthed your magazine on any forum, but only posted to see if this was occurring in mass, which it was. Were these young guys scammers using your name, or was there a major leak in the system that year? I hope that you can correct this problem, and hope to hear from someone at your offices soon.

Thanks,

Dustin Mealor
Drafter
Patterson Pump Company
Phone 706-297-2831
Fax 706-886-0023
[email protected]

JC
04-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Dustin,

Whats going on man. My boy Ron with the Wide Body 350Z had the same problem. However, my Eclipse was in the Performance Auto and Sound Magazine Booth at Hot Import Nights Miami this past December. We were talking to the guys all night and Ron told the guys with PAS about him not recieving any magazines. You need to call up there and ask for Matt or email him at [email protected]. He is the head of the sales department and the person to talk to. I would reccomend calling, Matt is cool as hell. The guys at PAS Mag are pretty laid back, cool people and the Eclipse will be in their booth in future shows. The only problem is you are filing a complaint that is a couple of years old. If it were this past Nopi, they probably wouldn't have a problem, but a couple years ago, you should have said something earlier.

dartingd
04-14-2005, 02:59 PM
i did...they would never reply to their phone messages...

Jtultra
04-14-2005, 03:03 PM
same thing too, last year I purchased the "last minute" ones for 5 bucks, so its not really a big deal for me

JC
04-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Just keep calling up there until you can get ahold of Matt. If there is one thing I have learned about the industry is, NOBODY returns phone calls. You simply have to keep calling until you get somebody. A little frustrating, but thats just the industry. Like I said, call up there and ask for Matt. Once you get a hold of him, we should be able to take care of it for you. Now you have a contact name to speak with as well instead of just speaking to a random person. Good Luck with it.

NzProjeKt
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
strange to hear that... I bought their year long subscription for 9.99 at last years HIN and i recieved an issue each month...

dartingd
04-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Dustin,

Please contact Arnold Adolfo, our Subscription Manager([email protected]) or feel free to call us toll free at 1-866-737-8805 and ask for Arnold.

Any and all subscription problems are prompty taken care of by him and our subscription department staff. Unfortunatly, complaining on a message board will get you no where.... that is why we have a toll-free customer line. Hopefully he can help you out.

best regards,

Performance Auto & Sound Magazine
Mark Pereira
Senior Editor
[email protected]
593 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON
CANADA
M4Y 1Z4
tel: 416-922-7526 / 1-866-737-8805
fax: 416-964-1836

there ya go...they're willing to fix it at least...

carrascopa
04-15-2005, 09:21 AM
well there you go

collins
04-15-2005, 10:51 AM
i did the same thing this past nopi with the $5 subscriptions and i've been getting them every month. sorry for your misfortune. but it sounds like they're willing to work with you.

JoeCoolinATL
04-15-2005, 02:12 PM
same here paid 5$ and i get them?

quickdodgeŽ
04-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Unfortunatly, complaining on a message board will get you no where.... that is why we have a toll-free customer line. ...

LOLOL!! Mutha fucca got mutha fuccin subscriptiowned. Later, QD.

Bajjani
04-15-2005, 02:15 PM
lol

dartingd
04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
yes i will admit he did...i'm not too proud to recongnize

quickdodgeŽ
04-15-2005, 02:20 PM
I was just fuckin with ya, teh. Lolol. Later, QD.

dartingd
04-15-2005, 02:23 PM
i know...but when i got the email i laughed at it cause the guy was coo about it, but a smart alek at the same time...

green91
04-17-2005, 07:52 AM
if they got their shit right the first time, there would be no need to post up on a message board

RutRoe
04-17-2005, 06:10 PM
YEah that guy is a ass pony...

Dear Mark,

Thanks for finally fucking getting back to me. Obviously your email and voice mail system must not be working, or you are too stupid to figure out how to retrieve messages from them.

I'd really appreciate if you could give me a half ass response and some how try to make me feel guilty for your error. Oh, and please make mention of how I chose to find out any information on the scam you call "Local magazine sales"

Thanks,

Love the guy who's money you took and then you were an ass to.

I promise you if he ever has some sort of corporate evaluation he meets with the "Bob's" and they point out that acting like a deusch bag will only make you look like a jerk in the long run.

Brett
04-17-2005, 06:18 PM
^^^^ HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Thats funny as fuck

dartingd
04-18-2005, 07:00 AM
glad you guys see that they're screwing more than just a couple...