PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody do a group buy on Lo-Jack?

Seymour222
01-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I was just wondering. Really don't know enough about it, but if some people would be interested I would def. check it out. I believe you have to pay by the month, or you can pay for a year in advance at a discounted price, blah blah. It just seems that a lot of vehicles are stolen from the people on these boards. I have been on here for a few months and have seen several threads about, My car stolen, or My car found....gutted. etc.,etc. Anyway just a thought. I know some decent people who sell Lo-Jack and in purchasing mine would like to fill any other "brethern" would enjoy the satisfaction of knowing where their vehicle is being taken to be gutted.

Prolly a repost, sorry if so.

HyPer50
01-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Unless they've changed the way they operate... there is no "subscription"... You have to call Lojack, and they send a person out to put the device in your car.... the end lol.

Seymour222
01-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh, so Ive proven my point, I dont know enough about it. I am getting mine from a Honda Dealership, I haven't mentioned anything about it (group buy)to him yet but still would like to help if it would be possible.

Hulud
01-27-2006, 07:28 AM
how much? for lojack and installation?

Brett
01-27-2006, 07:36 AM
I would be VERY interested actually.

speedminded
01-27-2006, 08:21 AM
First of all, I would suggest something a little more user operated, like a GPS locator. It's a small box that can be easily hidden along with the antenna that can be out of sight in a pillar or something. It's hardwired into your electrical but 3 day battery backup packs are available.

Secondly, i would suggest against posting whether you have it or are getting it or not :2cents: nah mean? BUT if people are just interested in how it works, etc. then PM me.

Benefits of a GPS Locator:
• Get an instant real-time location 24hrs a day with internet access (PDA, cell, computer, etc.) (looks like a dot on mapquest)
• Set a "Geo-fence" or "Geo-boundry" - Make a box on the map and if the vehicle leaves that area then it instantly notifies you via e-mail, cell, etc. (depending on the features)
• Unlock & remote disable is an option (log on and you can do either from the internet, again depending on options purchases and how you wire it up)
• My favorite, top speed of the day is e-mailed to you :tongue:
• Some companies offer a timer, say you sleep 11pm to 6am and you can set it so it notifies you if the vehicle moves at all during that period (again, either by e-mail or cell)

Cost:
• Initial cost is usually $300 to 500 for the unit
• Monthly fee's start at $3.00 to $7.00, and go up to $60+ (unlimited everything)

I'm sure i've left a bunch of things out but if anyone wants to PM me on this so i can get a number then i MAY be able to find a group buy deal.

Brett
01-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah but the GPS doesnt work with the police and I would assume you would be the one who would have to try and get the car back, with no help from the police. But I woul dbe interested in a group buy on the GPS

speedminded
01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Yeah but the GPS doesnt work with the police and I would assume you would be the one who would have to try and get the car back, with no help from the police. But I woul dbe interested in a group buy on the GPSyes and no, you call 911 and say your car was stolen and this is the location, end of story...and when dispatch sends that info out you know any officer is gonna be all over it be he/she already has the location.

The Ren
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
heck yeah..

BTEC
01-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I aint getting no damn lo-jack!! My friend had that on-star shit in his tahoe and locked his keys in his car at the dealrship i used to wrk at. He called them to open his door and the couldnt find it. We jacked it up and pushed it outside and they still couldnt locate it. Buy the time they found it we had they door open. After that it got stolen, stripped and left on blocks dwn twn and he had to find it bc again they didnt know where it was. his engine along with 2 day old supercharger, tranny, full interior except stabbed dash, 20" wheels, new black bumpers and exhaust was gone.

Brett
01-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I aint getting no damn lo-jack!! My friend had that on-star shit in his tahoe and locked his keys in his car at the dealrship i used to wrk at. He called them to open his door and the couldnt find it. We jacked it up and pushed it outside and they still couldnt locate it. Buy the time they found it we had they door open. After that it got stolen, stripped and left on blocks dwn twn and he had to find it bc again they didnt know where it was. his engine along with 2 day old supercharger, tranny, full interior except stabbed dash, 20" wheels, new black bumpers and exhaust was gone.

Well ONSTAR and Lo-Jack are nothing alike. ON-Star is a facorty GM thing that is mainly used for unlocking cars, helping people find places to eat, etc. Lo-Jack sends a signal to a police car and tell the cop right where the car is. On-Star uses a satellite to transmit ( Like a GPS ) , Lo-Jack isnt like that

IntegraXTR
01-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I would def be interested in a group buy

BTEC
01-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Well ONSTAR and Lo-Jack are nothing alike. ON-Star is a facorty GM thing that is mainly used for unlocking cars, helping people find places to eat, etc. Lo-Jack sends a signal to a police car and tell the cop right where the car is. On-Star uses a satellite to transmit ( Like a GPS ) , Lo-Jack isnt like that
well we can test it out when u get urs. I know a few ppl that i can get as test dummies to take ur ride right. and they only charge like a cd player and one neon tube. So whenever u want to do this test make your shit easily detachable so nun gets broke. Let me know. :goodjob:

Brett
01-27-2006, 09:06 AM
well we can test it out when u get urs. I know a few ppl that i can get as test dummies to take ur ride right. and they only charge like a cd player and one neon tube. So whenever u want to do this test make your shit easily detachable so nun gets broke. Let me know. :goodjob:

I dont have neon son!! They are L.E.D Tubes and why ya gotta hate on 'em? lol

speedminded
01-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Some use GPS, others are cellular, and some are both.

BTEC
01-27-2006, 09:18 AM
I dont have neon son!! They are L.E.D Tubes and why ya gotta hate on 'em? lol
well shit, my bad. I think theyll do it for one l.e.d tube minus the cd player, them shits is hot!!

Brett
01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
7 colors baby!!! :lmfao:

mp5o
01-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Im definatly intrested. Pm me with any details....

devinwebb907
01-27-2006, 05:27 PM
im interested in group GPS buy perhaps, if not for this car, for my next(shouldnt be too long)

speedminded
01-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Ok, i've found a reputable distributor but don't want to breech IA's advertising policy's. If you are honestly interested in dropping down the $$$ PM or IM me and i'll talk to them about a group buy. Link: http://www.virtualtrac.com/

Seymour222
01-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I am interested in any option to help protect our vehicles. Lo -Jack is 500 dollars a pop. Dunno, Im down to try anything. We can take the Virtual Trak option and I can talk to the guy at the honda dealership and we can compare. I think a good idea would be to get an approximate number of who would be interested.