PDA

View Full Version : Messed up my shiate!

{X}Echo419
01-26-2006, 12:46 PM
:rant: to berief; I was stopped yesterday for DWR(Driving While Ricy). the cop said I didn't have insurance when in fact I did. So he called a tow truck to get my car. I tried to tell him that it wouldn't go on the flat-bed. So the tow truck shows up and we put boards down cause' he thinks it'll go right up. He could not be more wrong! my car pic'd here
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Echo419-GSR.jpg
got caught on th front lip. The bumper was torn off the fenders and bowed out. So he finally gets on by backing it up still scraping very badly. My car is taken to my work and unloaded(a 2mile drive) for $85! I called the tow company and told them that they tore up my car. They 1st denyed it. Then Sent the driver up here to "fix" it. Yeah right. He deny's the whole thing and says it was already there. LIAR (not to be confused with LIRL). By the end of the day I had 2 tickets, lost $85 and had my car damaged. WTF!
So the owner is coming to "look at it" today.
Has anyone had this happen to you? What did you do? Thanks

B16a2 Civic
01-26-2006, 12:49 PM
when i towed my car, i just took teh front bumper off, you can also look into gettin some money back for teh police officer not doing his research propeprly since you have insurance...the insuerance thing happened to me, i just brought my insurance papers stating my effective date and that was thrown out

civic95
01-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I know if you park in the wrong spot, and are towed the tow company is not liable for any damages during towing.

I hope for your sake it's different... I would of been arrested if I had to witness that (especially if I was getting towed for some bs).

{X}Echo419
01-26-2006, 12:55 PM
I know if you park in the wrong spot, and are towed the tow company is not liable for any damages during towing.

I hope for your sake it's different... I would of been arrested if I had to witness that (especially if I was getting towed for some bs).

I almost did! :eek:

4dmin
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
hold on you were stopped b/c of what insurance? did you not have an insurance card?

if you have an updated insurance card he should of let you got immediately

PSINXS
01-26-2006, 01:02 PM
will insurance reimburse you for the damages since u had it? can they hold the tow company responsible?

5thgcelica
01-26-2006, 01:03 PM
i would kill some people.

4dmin
01-26-2006, 01:06 PM
still need details i would think if you in fact had insurance and the cop still had your car towed on top of that you told him a flat bed and he still had a normal wecker pull it i would say either:

a) insurance will have to pick it up for not sending more accurate records to the state w/ your info

b) state/county/city cop will have to pick up damages b/c there were prewarned and insurance was on the car

c) wrecker for fucking it up

Bishop
01-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I had this happen when i tried to get some tires put on my car and the bumper got pulled out and they tried denying it....finally got them to admit it and give me a busniess card and have them pay for damages. But then again thats a different situation.

Halfwit
01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
what were u stopped forr, and did he still argue that u didnt have insurance after u told him that u in fact did?

Nitro
01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
you are going to lose against a tow truck company sorry....just happened to me after my car got impounded the dumb shitz took it to the impound yard & forgot the dood opens differently & they fucked up my door & fender $1100 damage......there strongest defense is <it is not factory issued> it didn't come like that from the dealer!!! good luck tho................ :(

civic95
01-26-2006, 01:21 PM
they are supposed to be able to tell if you have insurance by entering your tag # in the computer now. Let this be a lesson to still carry a current card though.

dartingd
01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
so why'd u get stopped?

{X}Echo419
01-26-2006, 01:34 PM
hold on you were stopped b/c of what insurance? did you not have an insurance card?

if you have an updated insurance card he should of let you got immediately

no, the cop said I was following someone to closely. which was complete BS!

{X}Echo419
01-26-2006, 01:37 PM
you are going to lose against a tow truck company sorry....just happened to me after my car got impounded the dumb shitz took it to the impound yard & forgot the dood opens differently & they fuced up my door & fender $1100 damage......there strongest defense is <it is not factory issued> it didn't come like that from the dealer!!! good luck tho................ :(

why does factory issued matter? Does that mean I can go to their shop and slash all the tire on their trucks and do something to break their towing equip. because they aern't "factory issued"?!

Nitro
01-26-2006, 01:56 PM
why does factory issued matter? Does that mean I can go to their shop and slash all the tire on their trucks and do something to break their towing equip. because they aern't "factory issued"?!

:eye: well that'z debateable.............. :eek: but i get your point....trust me they know we put alot of money into our cars & by all means necassary they don't want to put any !!! into fixing a screw -up :rant:

{X}Echo419
02-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Welp, those FOOKERS are going to pay for it! sure was easier that I thought it would be :idb:

obd1kenobi
02-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Welp, those FOOKERS are going to pay for it! sure was easier that I thought it would be :idb:

you tell em!!