PDA

View Full Version : The key to waking up early?

Nemesis
01-26-2006, 07:44 AM
This is a serious question ive been thinking about. Most that know me well know that Im really a night person. I could only have 4 hours of sleep the night before, but as soon as 11pm hits, Im wide awake most of the time. However, when I wake up it takes me a long ass time to wake up and be worth a damn.

To those that religiously wake up way before the sun comes up such as myself, what are things you do to wake up and get going? Some mornings I hit the snooze 10 times.

5thgcelica
01-26-2006, 07:51 AM
well a way to get yourself asleep quicker could be that you dont use enough of your energy throughout the day. do you work out or anything? cause ive been noticing that now that im working out on a regular basis, i want to go to sleep a little ealier than i normally would. which allows me to wake up earlier a little easier as well.

and then sometimes..when i have to be up real early, sometimes when you hear that alarm, its best to goahead and just force yourself to get up.

AtifSajid
01-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Going to bed by 11pm is the key.

The Yousef
01-26-2006, 07:53 AM
2 alarm clocks....

Nemesis
01-26-2006, 07:55 AM
well a way to get yourself asleep quicker could be that you dont use enough of your energy throughout the day. do you work out or anything? cause ive been noticing that now that im working out on a regular basis, i want to go to sleep a little ealier than i normally would. which allows me to wake up earlier a little easier as well.

and then sometimes..when i have to be up real early, sometimes when you hear that alarm, its best to goahead and just force yourself to get up.

I actually am starting a work out regime this week. Maybe that's it.

Nemesis
01-26-2006, 07:55 AM
2 alarm clocks....

:jerkit: lol

rolling_trip
01-26-2006, 07:56 AM
First, the snooze button is your enemy, move your alarm clock away from arm's reach of the bed. Eventually your body will great acustomed to getting up early. Its hard for me to sleep pass 6 am on the weekends, unless i partied the night before. Another trick i use is eating supper early, 6-7pm, so in the morning i am hunger as hell.

dartingd
01-26-2006, 07:57 AM
teh best part of waking up is teh folgiers in ur cup!

HyPer50
01-26-2006, 07:59 AM
2 alarm clocks, and having to set the alarm clocks on the other side of the room so you HAVE to get up to turn them off.... it's the only way to ensure my ass doesn't go back to sleep... and even then it's still not 100%

mocha latte cupcake
01-26-2006, 08:00 AM
i would have said that the key to waking up early is having a girl who has to wake up early and can kick your ass out lol or wake you up in a good way at least.

dartingd
01-26-2006, 08:02 AM
i would have said that the key to waking up early is having a girl who has to wake up early and can kick your ass out lol or wake you up in a good way at least.

wife wakes me up...alarm clock don't work...

Hulud
01-26-2006, 08:16 AM
take some tylenol pm at 10pm then you will be knocked out by 11 set your alarm for 7am and you will be refreshed

HyPer50
01-26-2006, 08:18 AM
take some tylenol pm at 10pm then you will be knocked out by 11 set your alarm for 7am and you will be refreshed

haha thats what I do... except I take unisom.. whenever i HAVE to be asleep and I'm not tired (if i'm not tired... i'll never fall asleep, I'll just lay there very uncomfortably til 4am) I'll take a few unisoms and i'll be zzzz'in in no time.

Hulud
01-26-2006, 08:20 AM
haha thats what I do... except I take unisom.. whenever i HAVE to be asleep and I'm not tired (if i'm not tired... i'll never fall asleep, I'll just lay there very uncomfortably til 4am) I'll take a few unisoms and i'll be zzzz'in in no time.
yea no joke thats what i had to do for school so i would go to bed at a reasonable time

last nite i was in bed by midnite on my own!
lol i havent been to bed that early in years

The Golden Child
01-26-2006, 09:20 AM
5 bell alarm clocks - this works makes you think your apartment is on fire ..

speedminded
01-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Two alarms, one set up when you need to get up and the other one wired to a tazer laying next to your balls. i guarantee you'll be up before that second alarm, or at least every day after the first time you get popped :tongue:

Macro
01-26-2006, 09:32 AM
^ hahahaahhahahhaahhahahh LLLIIIRRRLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahmonrah
01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
i'm like that little bad ass girl in "the ring" damnit i dont sleep. i've tried the alarm clock in the next time zone thingy. i've taken sleeping pills, i've tried alot. when i exercise i feel more energized than before. so sleep is out the door. i havent slept at night in years.

ahmonrah
01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
i gues my key to waking up early is not going to sleep .

Kevykev
01-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Like tif said it's all about going to be early.

If you are a night owl work out at night or do some other strenuous activity to induce fatigue.

that's what it take to get a pattern going

might take a little restructuring but hey you'll get it done.

Nah Mean.

ahmonrah
01-26-2006, 11:00 AM
i'll get it going soon . one day i'll be able to sleep. i can work out till i'm about to cry. after i finish . i'm recharged, i've always been that way. going to bed earlier??means i'll be looking at the ceiling longer.

The Golden Child
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
or get a bottle of patron and down it in 2 seconds ..

civic95
01-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Do you sleep later on weekends? Start getting up at the same time all week long. Your body will adjust to being up at a specific time no matter what. 7 hrs of sleep is best, but your body can adjust to as little as 4-5 hrs a night. Establishing a routine is key.

PSINXS
01-26-2006, 01:06 PM
u smoke? get blunted, watch a movie in the dark, and lay down. u will def fall asleep. but if u dont blaze then have you tried any barbiturates? talk to a doctor if its really a problem

ahmonrah
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
IF I DO SLEEP IT'S ABOUT ON AVERAGE 4-5 HRS IN THE AFTERNOON. sorry about the caps