PDA

View Full Version : Oh PAUL!!!save your money for this Elise

DeutscheBAG!
01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
As most of you will know it is the proven S2 Elise chassis with the proven Audi/Cosworth V 6 2.6l RS4 engine. The front and rear clam are made from a new mould, giving a car that is 90mm wider than standard. Apart from providing a front splitter and extra cooling vents the redesigned clams provide the phenominal downforce and the additional space required for the 225/25 18" front wheels and 265/30 19" rear wheels (shod in Dunlop SP Sport 9000's). Visually, at a glance this car is difficult to distinguish from a standard S2 Elise. The standard brakes are replaced with Esprit brakes (320mm cross-drilled), vaccuum assist and ABS. The engine develops 420 bhp, maximum torque of 520Nm at 4500rpm. It is mounted in-line (not transvers) with the engine inclined downward towards the front of the vehicle. Not only does this lower the centre of gravity of the car but it also retains the original weight distribution ratio. The leading German after-market chip supplier can provide a 600+bhp chip for this engine if anybody feels the need for extra power. The gearbox comes from a Audi A8 diesel, since the smaller A4 gearbox could not cope with the torque generated. Top speed is electronically limited to 200mph because the tyres are only certified to that speed! Colin Chapman's hand can be seen behind the design of this variant since it comes with flexible side skirts!

The entire design sequence of splitter, dam, and side skirts produces a car that gets sucked into the tarmac. The venturi effect achieved is quite incredible. Wind tunnel tests have shown that the standard S2 at 220 kmh generates about 120 Nm of lift at the front wheels, the Esthi on the other hand produces nearly 300 Nm of downforce at the same speed same location, whilst the rear wheels are pushing into the tarmac with 350 Nm of downforce.

The car when idling makes less noise than the Exige with the engine switched off. Pull away and you hear less than you would with a well behaved 118 bhp Elise. Floor the throttle and three things happen almost simultaneously. You hear a vague whistle like an arrow going past your ears (this is the two turbos starting their work), the front of the car rears up and the rear tyres sink into the tarmac.... then the horizon falls into your lap. Gone are the days of the famous Lotus grin, because the corners of your mouth are behind your ears and your teeth are tingling. 0-60 in 3.7 secs. The application of power is breath-taking. I used to think that take-off in Concorde was orgasmic, but that seems like something for old ladies now.

Braking is equally impressive and it needs to be. The roadholding has to be felt to be believed. The company's co-owner has a history in German Elise Motorsport and scooting around the Nürnburgring and he knows how to demonstrate this car's ability on German B roads. Driving back from the airport in my Exige, it felt as though it had chromed tyres.
Production of the car starts next week (the company is the only Lotus-approved tuner in the world and registered as a car manufacturer under German law which guarantees spares support for at least 10 years and the car has type approval).

Production of the Esthi <2.7 is limited to 25 units (10 orders placed so far) The Esthi <3.7 which comes with a supercharged 248bhp K series engine is not subject to such limitation. The company's website now includes a English version and if anybody is interested further information and prices can be found here www.brandes-dschuedow.de/start_imprint.html

I was sufficiently impressed by the build quality (superb) and the owner's attitude (committed) to put my money down and buy one. The salesperson (Lutz, [email protected] ) is a former Thielert technician, who speaks good English and lives and breathes Lotus (ask him about his Fiat 500). My original fear, that a lack of traction control would make this car difficult to handle, has proved to be wrong. Even under heavy acceleration , this baby does not wheel-spin, weave or fishtail.

This is the car I have waited for all my life and I can't wait to stretch its legs.

PSINXS
01-24-2006, 04:57 PM
420hp elise. a car the weighs UNDEr 2k lbs. i would def own that one or the 111r.

ironchef
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Damn thats sick. How nice it would be to have money and buy one of those to fuck around with lol.

EJ25RUN
01-24-2006, 05:39 PM
crazy car, actually first made back in 2001, but that ranks among

the most elite elises on the planet.

Marta Mike
01-24-2006, 06:13 PM
420hp elise. a car the weighs UNDEr 2k lbs. i would def own that one or the 111r.

420hp elise+weighs UNDEr 2k lbs=DEATH!!

turbosx©
01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
yeah tru but a happy death

#1Beaver
01-24-2006, 06:48 PM
damn

5thgcelica
01-24-2006, 09:06 PM
good grief that'd be a fast ride.

4dmin
01-24-2006, 09:11 PM
:eek: I THINK I JUST CAME *drool-wipe-drool-repeatX*

4dmin
01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
THIS WAS SUCH AN AWSOME POST I HAD TO COPY IT TO THE EURO SECTION :D

thanx walker

aaronfelipe
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
I love that car,you can see the freaking engine out the back!

benwaballs
01-25-2006, 09:45 PM
bad ass to bad you have to be under 6ft tall to drive it. :(

4dmin
01-25-2006, 10:02 PM
^ well that works out fine for me i can't break 6ft w/ 2" heels :D

T.S.
01-28-2006, 08:47 PM
^ well that works out fine for me i can't break 6ft w/ 2" heels :D

yeah you stubby son of a bastard! ( o wait we have the same mommy) anyways, That means i cant get one! That sux i will just have to stick with my s7 saleen!! http://www.seriouswheels.com/2005/2005-Saleen-S7-Twin-Turbo-Orange-RA-OD-1280x960.htm

now thats a car! 0-60mph 2.8 sec 7 liter v8 750 horsepower 700 foot lbs of torque, Twin turbo! I love that car. There just so sexy! :goodjob: Just my :2cents: .......

T.S.
01-28-2006, 08:51 PM
how much do they cost since i cant read in the language???