PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Truth by Al Franken

4dmin
01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0525949062.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

a friend of mine is reading this and suggested it to me b/c they know i love politics/relition... it discusses in there how bush and others in DC helped push a law that would allow churches to give funds to politicians... the law is something like a 3 strike rule so they can keep their tax free ability as long as they aren't caught giving money 3 times.

what is your thoughts on this practice? politicians funed by religious organizations? (i'm searching for the exact law i'll post it up shortly)

{X}Echo419
01-25-2006, 02:35 PM
:crazy: Al Franken is a weasel, a nut, and a liar. Anything he says is subject to dissmisal. Don't torture your eyes and mind by reading that moron.

4dmin
01-25-2006, 02:48 PM
^ tell me how you really feel?

buddha@TeamFX
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Well I don't really see anything wrong with it...I mean this country was founded on Christianity and the day that is forgot about by our government and its taken off of our money mark my words the country will be doomed...!!

4dmin
01-25-2006, 04:46 PM
^ founded on Christianity or Freedom of Religion?

NEONRACER
01-25-2006, 08:23 PM
We travelled across the ocean because of religion. Religion has cause just as many problems as it has solved. The basic idea of religion is great but what it has evolved into is horrible. I don't want to get into a whole debate right now thou, maybe tomorrow.

ironchef
01-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Well I don't really see anything wrong with it...I mean this country was founded on Christianity and the day that is forgot about by our government and its taken off of our money mark my words the country will be doomed...!!Its true the majority of this country is christian, or it used to be maybe not anymore with the emerging minority religions getting bigger. However, it wasn't founded on the ideals of christianity, thats why there is such a thing called separation of church and state, even though it isn't strictly adhered to.