PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. Im gonna rant for a minute....

Leisa
01-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Ok... Soooo, my ex owes me like 10,000 in back childsupport, I contact The Office of Child Support Recovery this morning, to go ahead and open a case...well, they inform me that since he is self employed (also out of state) that they have a really big problem verifying employment since he can tell them he makes whatever amount of salary that makes him look like he is broke...and trust me he will do that, because he told me that if he had to he can prove that he only makes $10,000 a yr... so basicly I am screwed... any ideas?????

Brett
01-23-2006, 09:16 AM
The guy is a fucking looser

B16a2 Civic
01-23-2006, 09:18 AM
cant they look up his tax records to see how much he claims?

The Ren
01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
That's some bullshit.. If he is self-employed he has to have some kind of tax record or w2's right? I mean the man files taxes right? How can they not verify the taxes are correct??

B16a2 Civic
01-23-2006, 09:21 AM
That's some bullshit.. If he is self-employed he has to have some kind of tax record or w2's right? I mean the man files taxes right? How can they not verify the taxes are correct??

REPOST.

A.P. Photography
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
In regards to what B said, pull back tax records. If they are falsified then he will get audited and he will be fubar'd

The Ren
01-23-2006, 09:25 AM
In regards to what B said, pull back tax records. If they are falsified then he will get audited and he will be fubar'd
Seriously.. not only will he be screwed by the state, he can go to jail.. if not jail they would have to garnish his wages through the state and they would automatically take it out of his paychecks..

thinkfast®
01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
WTG on the comprehension Ren... A+ y0!!

But seriously, can't the look up the tax records? this is BS

:light bulb goes off: unless, he's self employed, like I am thinking, then that makes sense... ooooooooooooooooooooh!

B16a2 Civic
01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
audit or paying 10 g's in owed money...either way he will be fucked...which is good in this situation

A.P. Photography
01-23-2006, 09:28 AM
WTG on the comprehension Ren... A+ y0!!

But seriously, can't the look up the tax records? this is BS

:light bulb goes off: unless, he's self employed, like I am thinking, then that makes sense... ooooooooooooooooooooh!
Self employed has to file their own records, the only way he can by pass it and not pay child support is if he shows a loss for a couple of years.

carrascopa
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
you can always pull tax records fromthe IRs but the problem is with self employed people they have so many right offs and what not that in the end most of their taxes show very minimal income... I have done several loans for self-employed people that make really good money based off the deposits of their bank statements but after all deductions they make $5.00/yr or something ridiculous..

Good luck leisa

The Ren
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Self employed has to file their own records, the only way he can by pass it and not pay child support is if he shows a loss for a couple of years.
Even then, if he has ever lied on tax forms.. he is screwed.

dartingd
01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
sorry to hear it, but i guess it happens all the time...my cousin won't sue her "baby's daddy" for the child support she deserves, but i guess it's her choice..he won't even come around to see the baby...freakin loser!

kelly marie
01-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Ok... Soooo, my ex owes me like 10,000 in back childsupport, I contact The Office of Child Support Recovery this morning, to go ahead and open a case...well, they inform me that since he is self employed (also out of state) that they have a really big problem verifying employment since he can tell them he makes whatever amount of salary that makes him look like he is broke...and trust me he will do that, because he told me that if he had to he can prove that he only makes $10,000 a yr... so basicly I am screwed... any ideas?????gosh im sorry leisa.. but i wish you luck.. my dad was a deadbeat.. my mom left him when i was 2 and my sis was 7.. moved out on her own and supported us by herself.. he moved to FLA.. remarried and never paid her a dime.. owed us about 20k.. so my mom tried to take legal action and they said if he didnt make montly pymts of at least 50 bucks he would go to jail.. well he got locked up for one day then he was released.. never paid anything after that.. and never went back to jail.. he got really sick and passed a year later.. his wife took out a huge insurance policy on him cuz she knew he was sick.. we probably could have sued her but never did.. she needed the money more than we did apparently.. but like i said.. unless you have a really really good lawyer you probably wont see any money.. ESPECIALLY when they live in another state...

thinkfast®
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
sorry to hear it, but i guess it happens all the time...my cousin won't sue her "baby's daddy" for the child support she deserves, but i guess it's her choice..he won't even come around to see the baby...freakin loser!

you ain't know?

Leisa
01-23-2006, 09:39 AM
OK, well I just got off the phone with CSE and asked them about the ways they go about verifying the income... she advised me once my case goes in and I am assigned a case worker that she will get with me and I will give her my input on everything I know, and that I should advise them what he adv me of him falsifying his income, at that point she can request his tax records..... so I guess I am good to go.... let the shit begin.....

{X}Echo419
01-23-2006, 09:39 AM
^^^
didn't read your last post b4 I posted. sry

Freedom of Information Act. "the hippies finally got something right."

dartingd
01-23-2006, 09:51 AM
good luck!! hope you get all 10000 of it!!! and then some!!!

buddha@TeamFX
01-23-2006, 09:52 AM
cant they look up his tax records to see how much he claims?

Well if he has any cash jobs...he could technically not legally but get away without showing that...cause there is no record of it...now if he gets paid by check then yea...

HyPer50
01-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Have Brett go up there... down there, whatever it is, wherever he is, and beat the fucking shit outta the douche bag... THEN after he is released from the hospital THEN go and do all the rational idea's the people in here suggested.

Leisa
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM
I wish it was that simple... really I do

thinkfast®
01-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I wish it was that simple... really I do

When 15 mexicans brandishing weapons show up to your car as you are getting in, you'd be surprised how simplified things get

Hulud
01-23-2006, 10:01 AM
When 15 mexicans brandishing weapons show up to your car as you are getting in, you'd be surprised how simplified things get
hahahaha

Big Baller
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
What you need is a really down and dirty child support lawyer. Just go ahead and get one. Yeah its going to cost you some cash, but a really good lawyer will make him cry.

Brett
01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
He is only supposed to pay $146 a week ( for 2 kids ) and hasnt been increased in the 7 years of thier divorce ) And he has said if we try and take him to court for what he owes he will try and get it reduced even more since he can show he makes no money ( Which is a lie ) but the moron doesnt seem to think that to get it reduced he has to be current in is amount due.

quickdodge®
01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
gosh im sorry leisa.. but i wish you luck.. my dad was a deadbeat.. my mom left him when i was 2 and my sis was 7.. moved out on her own and supported us by herself.. he moved to FLA.. remarried and never paid her a dime..

You had it easy. My Father left my Mom when I was 15 months old and the day after my sister was born. He went to Colorado, got married to someone else, came back to Long Beach and divorced my Mom and dis-owned my sister and I in court so that he would not have to pay child support. I've never seen him before. He died(too bad he wasn't killed) of Cancer, I think, back in '85. Good for him, too. So now, I know I have a step-bro and sis somewhere in the McDonough area. Later, QD.

The Ren
01-23-2006, 12:05 PM
QD I feel ya.. I had it happen to me.. although my dad ended up having to pay cause hes a VP of some company, I know my dad and every time I see him, he ignores me. I went to my sisters wedding and the entire week I was in memphis he didnt say a word to me.. He and my mom split when I was 15 months too...He might as well be dead to me cause he acts like im dead to him. Shit he wouldnt even let scott come to my sisters wedding cause scott isnt jewish ( he paid over 100K for the wedding).. its pathetic..