PDA

View Full Version : got my dakota dynoed fri and sat.

SLOWR/T
01-22-2006, 07:27 PM
well i was hoping for about 200 to the wheels the way it sat but all it got was 157.7 :( well i was on 87 octane. the truck was running real rich like 10.1 AFR and dipping do the high 9's so andrew (owner of Dyno4mance) said that he thought it was i some limp mode cause it was so rich. we reset the ECU and then it leaned out and made 165.1 hp. well i bought a hypertech for it so we put it one and it made 172.2 hp again all this is on 87 octane. well after making a few more pulls it lost 8 hp (went back to the "limp" mode for the low octane gas) so i ran it outta 87 and filled it up with 93 and went back after work to see what it would make. so far the highest it has made is 181.3. but again its still runing real rich. so im gonna to find out what i can do to lean it out so we can put more timing in it and hopfully make more HP

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2006, 07:49 PM
timming[/b] in it and hopfully make more HP

Timing. Later, QD.

SLOWR/T
01-22-2006, 08:05 PM
well looks like my finger got a little happy with the "m". thanks for pointing that out QD

quickdodgeŽ
01-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Lolol. I was just messing with ya. Later, QD.

SLOWR/T
01-23-2006, 12:05 AM
i figured you was

Tank
01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
you know not to get offtopic but i ran a R/T before my civic was boosted and killed it what are special about those trucks i dont know nothing about them.

chrisdavis
01-23-2006, 08:44 AM
you know not to get offtopic but i ran a R/T before my civic was boosted and killed it what are special about those trucks i dont know nothing about them.

They have a 5.9 litre V8 and an upgraded susension. They are loaded up rather nicely but the motor is the big selling point.

SLOWR/T
01-23-2006, 03:52 PM
now that i have one i believe its more the suspension than anything. that thing will handle like its on rails. i know its hard to believe for a truck but man it really impressed me on the back roads. now the brakes SUCK! i had them bitches smoking and wanting to glaze over after a short run on some back roads. im putting bigger sway bars on it and disc in the back with bigger rotors up front probally next month.

99SI
01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
So you do have the one with the 360 in it? And it only made 181? what was the torque? Wow, I expected it to do more than that. Nice trucks though for sure.

SLOWR/T
01-23-2006, 06:18 PM
yeah it has the 360. tell me about it i was hoping for at least 200 whp to start with. torque was around 250ish. its real rich so if i can lean it out i could pick up about 20 wheel hp with more aggressive timing.

00RedRT
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
now that i have one i believe its more the suspension than anything. that thing will handle like its on rails. i know its hard to believe for a truck but man it really impressed me on the back roads. now the brakes SUCK! i had them bitches smoking and wanting to glaze over after a short run on some back roads. im putting bigger sway bars on it and disc in the back with bigger rotors up front probally next month.

You think it handles good now, put the Hotchkis TVS suspension on it and you'll have sports car handling!

As for your dyno results, something is wrong. I've never seen a stock R/T dyno below 200 rwhp. Was this a mustang dyno by any chance? Where did you dyno at?

SLOWR/T
01-25-2006, 06:42 PM
it was at dynomance. he has a dyno dynamics. i alway have called it the heart breaker dyno cause it reads lower that dyno packs and dyno jet. it more accurate though. i think my O2 sensors are bad cause its so rich. ill get them replace when i get headers for it (next month) and redyno it. yeah im putting some suspension on it after i get the numbers up to where i want it.