PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestion...

Carbon~IS
01-21-2006, 09:46 PM
I had my kenwood kdc-x889 for about 3 months(bought brand new). Worked perfectly and since I'm getting a double din for my new car decided to give the cd/mp3 player to my cousin.

I finished the install, checked, works perfectly... Next day he comes over and he tells me it stoped working. Of course I was like wtf did you do, and he told me he wanted the unit further in, so he messed with the screw holes. I check the head unit and it turned on fine, but once you try to go to cd mode or radio mode, it shuts off (basically as soon as sound is about to come out).

So~ I check where he put the screw into, and it didn't touch anything. Next, I double checked my wiring, nothing wrong. Fuses, all working. Plus since I had another wiring harness on hand, we switched it to check if there was a problem with the kenwood wiring harness, and nothing...

Finally I was playing around with the menu, and turned the internal amp off, and it allowed me to go to the cd/radio menu, but no sound. Thinking maybe his wiring might have gotten damaged, I hooked a speaker straight from the kenwood wiring harness to see if there is any response, and of course there was nothing.

My only guess to make this work right now is to get an external amp and run the speakers off of them. Someone hit my car 4 days ago and it's in a tow-yard, and therefore I couldn't check if that will work...

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

sina518
01-21-2006, 11:19 PM
you can get an external amp. that will work i think what you did is blow your internal amp

BanginJimmy
01-21-2006, 11:21 PM
sounds like a fried internal amp, either send it in for service (probably wont be covered under warranty) or just amp the speakers.

Carbon~IS
01-21-2006, 11:41 PM
that's what i thought.

i wonder how though? I don't know what he did, but I know for a fact that it was working fine on my car, and it was working when I left.

Ugh~ you try to do something nice for your family and it's just more headache at the end...

sina518
01-22-2006, 12:32 PM
this happend to me once and it blew because i always had the radio cranked up and when i took it for the ppl to send it in for warrenty the guy was like ppl that play there music as loud as u need to have a external amp for there speakers.

Carbon~IS
01-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I knew he would do something like that... Of course he denies it, but oh well~

Thanks for all the help! +1 for both of yall