PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Street Racing Project

fantym
04-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey, I'm a newbie here and I am doing a sociology project on street racing (whether you do it or don't). I decided to do it on racing that way I would actually be interested in doing it all. I would just like to know if ppl here are up to filling out anonymous surveys with some questions on it and sending them through email to help me out with the project (or posting your answers here). If you are willing to do it you can give me your email to send you a survey or you can just download it here (http://home.comcast.net/~dannyrod/Racingsurvey.doc)

and send it to [email protected] (or just post the answers here; whatever you want). If it's an email, Please put the subject of your email as racing or something like that. You can just put your answers after the questions and save it or you can make your own document with the answers as long as you number them so I know what's going on.

I appreciate all the help anyone is willing to give me and thanks much in advance. I need as many as possible.

Whoever doesn't want to download it, you can read it here...

Racing Survey

1. Are you male or female?

2. What is your age?

3. Do you street race?

4. Do you race legally?

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing?

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)?

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car

9. Why do you upgrade your car?

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car?

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)?

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel?

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene.

14. Do you own an American made car or an import?

15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)?

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)?

(The following is for those who street race or have in the past…)

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races?

2. What makes you want to continue street race?

3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do?

4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do?

5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing?

6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down?

7. What is the usual gathering place for street races? (no need for specifics; just a description of common places, near restaurants, country roads, etc)

Please put any comments about this survey or things you think are relevant to this project below :)

accordsti
04-14-2005, 02:23 PM
undercover cop?? mustbe

fantym
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
uh...no. You honestly think cops need to go undercover to catch people racing? Besides, it's an anonymous survey and any questions you don't feel like answering don't have to be answered (such as the one asking what places you race).

flysi00
04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
wtf u can tell this is a NOOB

flysi00
04-14-2005, 04:46 PM
how old are u by the way ??????????????

fantym
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
what are you talking about? This is a simply survey for a school project. What is the problem with that? Oh, maybe your talking to the other guy.

accordsti
04-14-2005, 07:08 PM
i'm a fucking moron

Greddypacked
04-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Dude, i dont think you will get alot of responses from people on here. Your best bet is to dig up documents from what the news has already done on street racing. Doing it on a car forum is fishy. Im not saying your a cop, but eh what's to say your not.

Tuner
04-14-2005, 08:16 PM
PPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

accordsti
04-14-2005, 08:20 PM
PPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
true
if he wants info just head ou one night your self
but i cant talk shit though i was thinking about writing a nonfiction book about the topic whats yalls opinion on that??

flysi00
04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
what are you talking about? This is a simply survey for a school project. What is the problem with that? Oh, maybe your talking to the other guy.

i was talking to u buddy boy

flysi00
04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

JustinSane110™
04-14-2005, 10:36 PM
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
It's Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.purina.com/begginstrips/index.asp)

Negrodamus
04-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Real Street Racers dont do Survey's

fantym
04-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Wow, you guys are really immature. If you think your so clever then tell me what a cop would benefit by doing an ANONYMOUS AND OPTIONAL survey (Any questions that people don't want to answer don't have to be). The only real answers I am looking for is basically what makes you want to street race or race at all. I already know about heading out one night myself. I am part of the scene (which is why I am interested in the project) but I need surveys as a statistics approach to the project. I am 20 years old for the smart@$$ here.

and to accordsti who says I am a cop because my title says noob. It says noob cause I just registered. I don't live in Atl and I'm not Paul Walker going undercover in Fast and the Furious (now that's really being a noob). I am in Augusta, Ga and I registered here to do the survey and that's it. You don't believe me then read my post in csramotorsports.com here (http://csramotorsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16927)

jesus, undercover cop is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Allstar3.8T
04-15-2005, 12:24 AM
We all street race. We go to 316 in Lville and race from GA20 to Hi Hope Rd, U-turn and race back. Come out any time.

SLOWR/T
04-15-2005, 02:00 AM
first off i dont care if i get flamed for answering this i could care less. i figure ill help you out.

1. Are you male or female? male

2. What is your age? 20

3. Do you street race? did, not with a ton of people just a few friends on a back roads

4. Do you race legally? now, i like it better at the track

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? legal: you dont have to worry about cops and running from them. illegal: 6 months is a long time w/o license (i know)

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? fun? hell yeah its fun legal or not. braggin rights, adrenaline rush.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? winning

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? performance. im into the sleeper look (stock body, no bodykits)

9. Why do you upgrade your car? hobbie, fun, i have something to be proud of

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? testing the parts!!!!

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? no, no rules. to each there own

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? first on was alright, second was to ricey (ie. big wings, large exhaust tips, stickers all over)

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. yeah and no. YEAH:lots of people showing off there cars and racing. NO: (2F2F) i have yet to see at ANY street race where anyone has jumped a bridge or raced around a block or road course (set up on the street illegally)

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? import. 1989 Mazda RX7 GXL "triangles rule!!"

15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)?

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? "you own a domestic? hahahaha" na, there alright like the SRT4, but the caviler and sunfire those should be burned!!

fantym
04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the help man.

Goldollar
04-20-2005, 09:20 AM
I think you guys threw out the pig card a lil to soon on this guy, he hasnt asked any specific questions on locations, your names, or your vehicles, and even if he were a cop there is nothing he could do to you if you said "yeah i street race" because you havent commitied any crime infront of him. Give the poor kid a break, he just came and asked the wrong questions for his first few post.

JC
04-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Here you go bro. Good Luck with your project!!

2. What is your age? 22

3. Do you street race? No

4. Do you race legally? I did when I had my Yamaha R1

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? We all make our own decisions. If you choose to do it illegally do it somewhere secluded so you only endanger your self and not other people. Legal racing is the smartest way to go and alot safer. Either way, be very careful, illegal street racing and racing on a track are both VERY dangerous.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? fun? N/A. I took the bike to the track a few times because a friend wanted to go.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? N/A

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? Upgrading the look of the car. I love what I drive to be orginal and different. I am slowly working on the performance as well though.

9. Why do you upgrade your car? Its my toy. I am very proud of the car and peoples reactions to the car. It is a self-representation of me, and I built it the way I wanted to build it despite what some people said before it was complete.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? Show it off to all my friends

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? Do it YOUR way. It should be something you are proud to own.

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? Not a big fan, Gone in 60 Seconds was a much better movie. :D

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. No. I have never seen such computer animation in my life. Also, 1/2 the cars that usually try and street race are not show cars like the ones in the movie. People that spend the kind of money invested in those cars, keep them in the garage.

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? 2 Imports, Eclipse & IS300

15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? N/A

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? "you own a domestic?

I think the whole American car/ Import Car thing is all Bullshit. IF you are a true car enthusiast, you have an appreciation for ALL cars as long as it looks clean. The whole Imports who hate American cars and vise versa is stupid as hell and anybody who acts that way can not call themselves a true car lover. If it is clean, it is clean, regardless of the make.

bluuuurr
04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
. Are you male or female? male

2. What is your age? 21

3. Do you street race? occasionally

4. Do you race legally? occasionally

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? Legal racing is in a controlled environment, Illegal= anything can happen.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? Adrenalin, bragging rights.. mostly adrenalin.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? being in a race

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? Performance.. the outside of my car looks like shit

9. Why do you upgrade your car? Grew up helping my dad mod his Chevelle.. it was in my blood i guess... :P

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? Take the car on a back road and go crazy on it.

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? there are no rules, but those who pick style over substance don't get any respect from anyone ;)

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? glorified, inaccurate, and just plain stupid.

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene.

When a bunch of ricer cars get together, there aren't a bunch of 100k Rx7s and Supras, it's usually a bunch of shitty looking early 90's Hondas, Toyotas, and the occasional nissan, there aren't any hot babes dancing around half naked either, it's usually a bunch of dorks standing around talking shit and when asked to race, they say "naw man".

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? both

15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? i

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)?

I still lean more towards the imports because the work required to make them fast is alot more complex in my opinion than making a bigass v8 fast. But 90% of import kids piss me off these days with their ricer bullshit. A fast car is a fast car, doesn't matter who made it.

Strong_IslandFinest
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
1. Are you male or female? Male

2. What is your age? 18

3. Do you street race? yes

4. Do you race legally? no

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? legal racing i safer just wouldnt drive 2 hours to do it when i can do it a nite illegaly

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? the rush when u about to bet somebody proven yourself running from the cops

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race ?winning is everybodys goal it feels good to bet people even the ones that think there faster and better

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car ? me i like 2 be a sleeper i rather my engine be faster then 2 have a nice car that my grandmother could beat

9. Why do you upgrade your car? to make it faster

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? drive it and test it

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? yeah make it faster

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? it was a good movie still remeber seeing people racing after the movie

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. ? 2fast2furious was to fake you know jumping from bridges and doing turns doing like 100 in real life u line up race and let the other person go and cops with the electronics to cut your motor off cops really dnt care out here

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? import

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? nothing really

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races? legal racing i safer just wouldnt drive 2 hours to do it when i can do it a nite illegaly

2. What makes you want to continue street race? when im beting people

3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? i do just cause if cops come i dnt have to turn around and look 4 them

4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? no i dnt i think racing like in the daytime or in traffic is stupid its putting my family and everyones else family at risk

5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing? There doing there job but really f*$# them

6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down? slow down

7. What is the usual gathering place for street races? (no need for specifics; just a description of common places, near restaurants, country roads, etc)

MitsuEvo6
04-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Here you go..good luck.

2. What is your age? 18

3. Do you street race? no

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? leagal is great. with a time slip it backs up what you say, and it's safe. Illegal..to each their own, but i think it's stupid. You endanger other people..why?

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? I'd love to..but my cars slow.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race it would be winning

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? Well, sence my car is and always will be slow, I upgrade..not look, but sound. Thats part of the scene that you havn't mentioned.

9. Why do you upgrade your car? I love music, and i gotta be noticed.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? listen to it.

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? No, some like the sleeper..some want the whole package...i think it's kinda tacky to do up your kit and such with out any engine mods. but thats my .02

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? ha..it does as good of a job as biker boyz did for bikes.

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. well, kids being stupid, and the way that alot of cars are paid for from dirty money, or have parts on them that are stolen. but who jumps bridges?

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? I like them..both.

DrivenMind
04-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Racing Survey

2. What is your age? 18

3. Do you street race? used to a lot/ rarely

4. Do you race legally? every now and then.

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? leagal fun, but venues are a little out of the way and usually poorly maintainted. Illegal racing is over dramatized by the public. A car load of kids driving drunk and dying in an accident while racing their SUV, is completley different than choosing industrial or far removed locations while having various people watching for oncoming traffic.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? The sound, the feel, the comparison between two cars...

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? I like to win, but it's still fun to see what other cars are capable of.

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car: performance.

9. Why do you upgrade your car? something to do, something to work towards, a common passion and a sense of accomplishment and community with the thousands of other car enthusiasts. The fact that I just enjoy doing it.

My dad loved cars, and I worked on his motorcycle with him.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? heh... sit back and look at what I've done or write about it on my site (weather people read about it or not... lol

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)?

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? Stupid, stupid and more stupid. more about flashly bullshit, than the acctual perfomance oriented crowd that makes up the majority of the "orgainzed street racing" community.

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. Hardly at all. Very few people to none race around a "circut", much less TRY to draw the attention the racers in F&F do. I've seen very little betting, though I hear this is a problem in cali and other states where street racing is a little more serious.

Most street racers who can afford a Skyline or Supra wouldn't make the car look as tacky as they do in the F&F movies, (not to mention very few people with Supras that I've seen even race from a stop when street racing. Supras <3 teh freeway)

F&F is over glorified flashy bullshit. It's based on the medias idea of what street racing is, as opposed to what it really is.

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? It's a stupid rivalry spurred on mostly by ignorant individuals. People in lifted trucks tend to be bigger assholes than the people in the Ameircan cars (In my experiences). I love seeing fast cars, regardless of their nationality haha...i'm not an automotive racist). A car that's had a real effort put into it to make it what it it deserves respect, no matter what it is.

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races? much bigger rush, no need to prearrange everything. more freedom

2. What makes you want to continue street race? I miss the people in the scence, getting to know and end up becoming good friends with complete strangers beacuse of a common passion/hobby.

3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? never/ tried hard not to, I'm in no position to jeopardize someone else.

4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? Never, they're ignorant and looking to get hurt or in trouble.

5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing? They're doing their job, though sometimes they take it a little to seriously (blocking off parking lots where cars are gathering)

6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down? slow down immediately.

7. What is the usual gathering place for street races? (no need for specifics; just a description of common places, near restaurants, country roads, etc) deserted roads, isolated locations, less traffic, less chance of getting caught/ anyone getting hurt.

DrivenMind
04-26-2005, 01:39 AM
the only reason i said ur a cop is cause your still a NOOB
if u can send me proof ur not ill tell my friends to do the survey for you, and no ones gonna post the response that was a stupid suggestion
i would fill it out but my cars too slow too race and ive only been like
10 times and only 4 times they met up with 3 or more cars
7 times the stoplight kills dont count

are you an idiot? The cops have to CATCH you racing to get you in trobule for it. He's asking a legitimate question, and you're responding like a typical dumbass ricer would.

don't be a moron, you don't have to reply.

Streetking322
04-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Some people on here are such assholes he's not a damn cop, he's not ganna show up at your door wanting to arrest you for hearing you street race over the fucking internet.

Good Luck man....

2. What is your age? 18

3. Do you street race? no

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? legal racing is kool and the best way to race if you do race. Street racing is very stupid but if done should be done in very low traffic areas.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? N/A

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race N/A

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car Performance

9. Why do you upgrade your car? to be diff. and unique, to make my car the way I want it.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? showing it off

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? try to being unique

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? Not as horrible as people make it sound some what good movies.

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. no

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? 99 Eclipse

15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? N/A

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? American cars are kool too. cars are cars.

HiPSI
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Racing Survey

1. Are you male or female?
-male

2. What is your age?

3. Do you street race?
-no

4. Do you race legally?
-yes (i will be counting drifting into this as well since people tend to screw around on the street)

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing?
-i'm all for any type of legal events, whether it be dragracing, auto-x, drifting, trackdays, roadracing, etc... those who do it on the street are usually the ones that are afraid of not being the best at something so they tend to stray away from real competition.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)?
-my love for cars and racing has been with me longer than i can remember, and having a few family members in the racing industry has helped to feed that addiciton over the years

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race
-having a blast doing what i love, so just being there is enough

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car
-performance has always been key to me, but i'm a driving/riding junkie so i will try to go fast with about anything that has wheels on it. to me, gonig slow or parking your car and just looking at it is like watching paint dry.

9. Why do you upgrade your car?
-i love to do it. it keeps me sane. for example, whenever i'm a bit flustered with work i can sit and think in detail about my next mod to the car or crunch some numbers on which turbo would flow the best for my setup or what alignment might work better for my car at the next event. i'm constantly dreaming up new parts to fabricate or adapt to the car.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car?
-make sure it works or go back to making it work.

-everything has supporting mods. if you have more air you need more fuel. if you add big power you need bigger brakes. you can't really have one without the other in these cases. as for looks, the more dents the better.

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel?
-crap, crap. but it's not like it was a documentary, it was a friggin movie and hollywood's finest put their usual spin on it.

-again, it wasn't a documentary film, so you can't compare those stupid movies to real life.

-3 import vehicles, 2 nissans and a honda.

-n/a

-drive what you like

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races?
-legal races are for people who aren't scared to lose or be seen doing it.

2. What makes you want to continue street race?
-n/a

3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do?
-stupid as hell on both fronts

4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do?
-again, totally moronic

5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing?
-if you have a bad thing to say about these officers then DIAF.

6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down?
-idiots will always be idiots

-business complexes are the usual places around here, but lots of people do it on the interstates too.

chuck
04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
...puts on the flame suit of honesty

Racing Survey

2. What is your age? 21
4. Do you race legally? yes
5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? i think depending on the conditions and the other driver that either one could be considered equaly safe or dangerous
6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? its nice to have something to show for the work you may have put into your car, on the track or street.
7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? racing is fun, winning is better
8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? performance
9. Why do you upgrade your car? just trying to get it to be something to be proud of
10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? test and tune, dyno...all depends on the mod
11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? i think everyone may have their own set of rules but there certianlly isn't a universal standard as to what looks good or works well
12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? i enjoy a good comedy every once in a while, i do think that it gave the street scene a bad reputation and gave some idiots some stupid ideas
13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. i don't think street racing is just about a groups of people, the majority of the time its just two people going about their business who decide to get in a little competition. from my experiences, street racing isn't about fights, stealing or anything like that. from my experiences "street racers" have a mutual respect for each others cars, safety, etc.
16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? it seems the domestic guys think that imports are all just a bunch of civics and such, i've seen a domestic owners jaw drop at videos of 1,000 hp supras and such...i think the import scene in general is stereotyped

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races? it all depends, legal races are always in controlled environments with safety officials on site...street racing can be in a controlled environment but often is not, street racing also frequently endangers innocent people who aren't participating in the race (spectators, traffic)it all depends, legal races are always in controlled environments with safety officials on site...street racing can be in a controlled environment but often is not, street racing also frequently endangers innocent people who aren't participating in the race (spectators, traffic)[/COLOR][/FONT]
2. What makes you want to continue street race? there really isn't some internal drive that makes me want to go out and find a race. a lot of the times it just happens when i car you think you are faster than thinks he is faster than you, for some reason i always feel obligated to try to prove them wrong (to a certian point) once i feel i've come to a conclusion, the race is over and we both go about our own ways
3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? never
4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? never
5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing? just doing their job, if i'm not aware enough of my environment to know about police then i deserve to get the ticket or whatever
6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down? slow down
wide open & straight roads...could be the interstate with no traffic or a 3 or 4 lane back road

Sport1.3
04-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Racing Survey

2. What is your age? 21
3. Do you street race? nope
4. Do you race legally? yes, SCCA solo II SM 3rd year
5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? legal racing is what keeps me entertained, i would go crazy if i could never drive fast or corner hard!!! illegal is for the poo stabbers!
6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? the adreniline rush, the fact that all the work i put into something actually works.
7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? i dont care if i win or loose (i hardly ever win) but i sure as hell have fun and i always learn something
8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? haha you wouldnt ask if you saw my car...all go baby!!
9. Why do you upgrade your car? because i get bored of the car and making it unique and different revives my interest.
10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? well usually i end up breaking lots of stuff testing it all out..haha
11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? dont be scared to do anything and dont make it harder than it really is.
12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? i hate that movie..movies about imports are never cool..two lane black top will always be my fav..
13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. i wouldnt know, ive never been to a street race, but noones cars are that flashy in real life, definitly not the ones that race illegally, thats asking cops to pull you over.
14. Do you own an American made car or an import? Technically Import, but ford has a hand up Mazdas ass so who know for sure.
15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? n/a
16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? i like them."theres no replacement for Displacement"..have come to really respect corvettes in the last couple yers..used to hate them. they make noce track cars.

hope this helps!
:bigok:

L'ville
04-26-2005, 08:23 PM
We all street race. We go to 316 in Lville and race from GA20 to Hi Hope Rd, U-turn and race back. Come out any time.
Didn't know this i'll come out often i need lots of street races to see what my car is capable of

bigb996
04-26-2005, 08:30 PM
why would you race down from 316 down ga 20? was that a joke? I have been down that road at night millions of times never seen a race. I have seen thousands of cops though.

DrivenMind
04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
why would you race down from 316 down ga 20? was that a joke? I have been down that road at night millions of times never seen a race. I have seen thousands of cops though.

perhaps that was the point?

Kayin520
04-26-2005, 09:13 PM

2. What is your age? 19

3. Do you street race? I run on touge/track

4. Do you race legally? I try to. But I don't race illegally

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? People make their own decision. If you want to risk all the dangers and jail time, go ahead. But legal racing costs some money too.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? It is all about the excitement and the fun. You can't really resist the rush of the adreniline.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? Both. If I'm in a race, I'd like to win. But if I can't win then I just enjoy being in a race but I'd still try to win.

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? I'd rather work on my skill first. I think a driver should get used to the car first. The performance upgrade should be the next step. And last would be the look but its my opinion.

9. Why do you upgrade your car? People say I have an expansive hobby. Some might call me crazy but hell! It is my life style! I can't think of myself driving a mini-van or stock car.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? Test drive and then show it to my friends.

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? For your performance, you should research first before you take any risks. See what other people have done and look through the magazines. If you finally decide what you want to do with your car, then go for it!
The look of your car should be chosen in your taste. Just don't put any ricy stripes.

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? I admit that it was a good movie. But the first one was all about the drag-racing and the second one was kinda lame but I liked the both of 'em. So when is the third one coming out?

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. No! The racing scene isn't all about drag-racing. There are much more stuffs then that. Drifting, Autocross, Touge runs and etc... you can't really see that in the movie.

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? Import. 1985 Corolla GT-S(AE86) A.K.A Hachiroku

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? Okay, so you think you can take me with that V8 mustang on touge? C'mon now. Go race other domestic cars such as camaros and corvettes. Don't mess with imports cuz you're gonna get KILLED!!!!

D3UC3S
04-26-2005, 11:03 PM

Ur joking right???? Are there really people that are this dumb?? That goes for the person who posted before this "master of the 6th speed" as well....

fantym
04-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the replies. I didn't expect this many answers to it so it should help out alot because I have to present this on Tuesday. Thanks again.

On a more casual note, anybody here own a Talon Tsi? I have one running on 14lbs of boost. It was basically a hand-me-down from my bro who just bought a Cobra.

bigb996
04-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Ur joking right???? Are there really people that are this dumb?? That goes for the person who posted before this "master of the 6th speed" as well....

i was making sure noone was dumb enough to do this....i appreciate your cockiness though :jerkit:

JC
04-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the replies. I didn't expect this many answers to it so it should help out alot because I have to present this on Tuesday. Thanks again.

On a more casual note, anybody here own a Talon Tsi? I have one running on 14lbs of boost. It was basically a hand-me-down from my bro who just bought a Cobra.

Glad we could help bro. Best of luck to you.

YokotaS13
04-29-2005, 01:48 AM
im the DSM guru in my area....whatcha wanna know
i also filled out your thingie and emailed it to you

DrivenMind
04-29-2005, 11:50 AM
16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? Okay, so you think you can take me with that V8 mustang on touge? C'mon now. Go race other domestic cars such as camaros and corvettes. Don't mess with imports cuz you're gonna get KILLED!!!!

that is the lamest shit i've read on IA.com yet.

vboy418
04-29-2005, 11:52 AM
hahah u guys are hilarious!!!!

Shawna
05-01-2005, 10:19 AM
I actually did my research paper on street racing when I was a freshman in college and it ended up being a really cool subject to research...I got an A on the paper and ended up learning a lot about legal and illegal racing and a lot of the laws that go along with it...Good Luck with it :goodjob:

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 02:02 PM
that is the lamest shit i've read on IA.com yet.

actually most of his answers were super lamo JDM Touge Madness ;)

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 02:10 PM
i dont even think ga has a decent "togue" and i dont think that guy even knows whats involved with driving on a "togue" route.

FrnkPwrs
05-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Pissed i missed this topic late. Cant believe the amoutn of jackasses who think anyone thats a newb and ask questions is a undercover. Trying to act all cocky and shit like youve been here for a while... the new IA Rice.

mi4dub
05-03-2005, 01:22 AM
1. Are you male or female? MAN

2. What is your age? 1/4 grey hair

3. Do you street race? I floor it as soon as i start the car.

4. Do you race legally? YES. i race for time

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? legal is legal and illegal is illegal for a reason

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? again, i race for time. to get the satisfaction of knowing money spent = more ponies.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race? Going 1/10 of a second faster than last trip to the track

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? Looks = more pussy performance = satisfaction

9. Why do you upgrade your car? all this questions sound alike. to go 1/10 faster for the next trip to the track. then again, once you upgrade you always upgrade. it's part of the game.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? are you looking for "i race down Barrett PKWY?" first... crank it up... if it runs then its great. then i go wash my hand using scrub brush and 1/2 bottle of dish soap. then i take a shit. then shower. then eat. then watch pimp my ride. next weekend i go to track.

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? common sense? um... never use adjustable wrench? um... if your block is aluminium don't over tq it? ummm... don't plan anything for that day? um... pick a nice day? use right tools?

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? i like the sequel better... better story line... then again, movie is wack!

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. Movies are drawn up by people like you who survey and get ideas. street races are something randon/last minute call/road rage?

14. Do you own an American made car or an import? Made in Germany. assemble in Mexico. Driven in East Coast

15. If you own an American car, how do you feel about imports and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? imports usually yeald higher resale value/econo/open, flooded market

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? muscle with luxury 3 years later it usualy ends up being a POS??? dunno never owned one but seems like a trend. not trying to be mean to domestic people... just my view on friends car.

not a fan of street race... but ill chip in

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races? legal racing.... less chance of harming public and its property.

2. What makes you want to continue street race? if a dude keeps getting spanked.... the man hood within him wants to race till he do a ricer flyby?

3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? i like passengers personally b/c of weight distribution.

4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? how do you race in busy areas? it's not like NASCAR, people dont bump draft others.

5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing? um... doing his job. or he could be mad b/c last week he got spanked by that dude

6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down? racing in any form is dangerous.... so does that mean no1 should race? i mean we got NASCAR and alike, dogs, cock, horse, rat, human, boat.... shit... juat about anything. do they all go the speed limit? when was the last time you saw a cop doing speed limit? i don't care how fast your going... its dangerous... maybe thats y old people ride with their brakes...lol

usually in roads where no public traffic. around twisties. basically on the places nice enuff andwhere no cops r present. near krispy cream is bad idea....

I hope you get an A on this survey...
my impression of you. you are cop or related/news reporter trying to compete for job or related/so thrilled to finally get your hands on BUY 2 GET 1 FREE on fast & furious/Got you a NS underground or GT4/ you are bored so you made up this long survey but so bored where you asked same_related questions over and ova/mad teen who is sick of driving moms socer van/ shyt i dunno.... best of luck!

TKellarB
05-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Filled Out And Emailed Survey -- Good Luck W/your Project!!

AnthonyF
05-12-2005, 09:19 PM

2. What is your age? 19

4. Do you race legally? yes

5. How do you feel about legal and illegal racing? as long as they use turn signals when cuttin people off. I'm good.

6. What makes you want to race (if it’s fun, what is fun about it)? the rush.

7. What matters most to you: winning a race or just being in a race. both

8. What do you prefer most: upgrading your car’s performance or upgrading the look of the car? Both are equal to me b/c of the vehicle i drive

9. Why do you upgrade your car? Social Status, and I love cars to death.

10. What do you like to do after finishing an upgrade to your car? great if nothing else falls off. feel like going out that night.

11. Are there any common sense “rules” about upgrading your car (performance wise AND as to the look of your car)? depending on who you talk to. everyone is different.

12. What do you think of the movie, “The Fast and the Furious” and its sequel? stupid. not realistic (sp).

13. Does the movie accurately portray the racing scene in any way? If not, please give a few details on the differences between the movie and the real racing scene. it kinda does, but, too many dumb things in the movie that make it shitty.

16. If you own an import, how do you feel about American cars and those who drive them (rivalry, etc)? I love every car. I have an open mind. I believe american car owners are more hateful to import owners. But what do they know. They don't know how to "tune". They know bigger exhausts and tires, whoopi. But i think there is a just a large of rivarly with trucks and imports.

1. What’s different about street racing and legal races? a rush, only one or 2 other people see you lose in a street race.

2. What makes you want to continue street race? nothing makes me continue, if i am going down the highway and some1 challenges me, I will give him a run. why not. if there is major traffic, i won't even give them the time of day.

3. Do you race with a passenger in the car? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? depends. if there is no danger, yes. When I speed, I am always by myself. I never act stupid with people in my car or when people are around.

4. Do you race in busy areas of your city or town? Why or why not? If not, how do you feel about those who do? No. too dangerous

5. What do you think of the police officers who attempt to stop, ticket, and possibly arrest you for racing? I have never been stopped for racing. I have been pulled over and am accounted for 14 tickets (or so). Stupid stuff. I really hate cops b/c they think I am doing something illegal when I am just cruising.

6. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, would you continue the race or slow down? Slow down, pull over, etc..

7. What is the usual gathering place for street races? (no need for specifics; just a description of common places, near restaurants, country roads, etc) I live in the country, so no hang outs for me.

JINX
05-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Many of us will take a hostile point of view towards anything ,that helps point a finger in a specific location,
group of individuals, or type of car.
Thus the research that you are conducting will more then likely be perceived as Endangering our precious anonymity.
I don't like cops. I don't hate cops either. There’s the balance.
My car exceeds DOT standards.
My car surpasses OEM specifications in power, handling, and braking.
I posses advanced driving skills with regular recurrent traing. ;)

It is a shame that there are not more venues available for my patronage.(At a convenient hour.)
For example :evenings from 6-12PM week days 10Am to 4Am weekends.
What you’re really researching is the Cultural Exasperation expressed by auto enthusiast whose needs have not been properly addressed buy our government. Drag Strips close too soon.
Road cources and oval tracks are not open the the general automotive public.
So, "There in lies the rub."