PDA

View Full Version : Whois the best shop for my NISSAN?

nightracer
01-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Its a 240sx (S14), I'm either going to go KA or SR but I need the bottom end built to the gills on which ever motor I choose to build. Who builds reliable, meticulously crafted, measured down to the 10000th of an inch like an anal german motors around the A? I don't want to be on a highway run and have my shit blow like :rly:... So I need a good builder. I want it done right the first time. :goodjob:

k thx..

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Batlground...

SixSquared
01-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Batlground...

I agree... I've yet to get over to the shop, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Mainstream, too... That's where Stover takes his hatch, and any car that dynos at 512whp and is still a reliable daily driver is IMPRESSIVE! And both shops are involved with IA which means you won't be ripped off.

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:04 PM
yo mama is :)

I know your secrets :D

Kevykev
01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
, meticulously crafted, .

GREAT PHRASE! :goodjob:

4dmin
01-19-2006, 03:06 PM
talk to T-Ricy at Batlground

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=50
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=52
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=54
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=62

just to name a few ;)

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I see how it is, no gallery of the sentra.

Vteckidd
01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Batlground, has some sick 240sx's that make power
Turbo Dave has numerous 240s that mkae power
We can do it as well, and my engine builder is as meticulous as you want. but he aint cheap either. he will be here on sunday, so feel free to come talk to him.

any 3 of us can do what you need. cant go wrong with either one

A.P. Photography
there is a couple of pics from the dyno day tho :goodjob:

Tracy

I don't have pics of all of the cars, but when we work on yours again I'll be sure to make you a gallery, boo.

SixSquared
01-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't have pics of all of the cars, but when we work on yours again I'll be sure to make you a gallery, boo.

lol hopefully by June-ish you guys will have an excuse to make a del Sol gallery too ;)

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 03:14 PM

Which should be soon enough haha.

Big Baller
01-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I hear that BG is working on some monster 240. They really know there shit.

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Batlground Batlground Batlground. Rah Rah Rah.

Tracy
01-19-2006, 04:21 PM
LOL

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't like Batlground at all.....see?
http://forums.importatlanta.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29196&stc=1

Tracy
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't like Batlground at all.....see?
http://forums.importatlanta.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29196&stc=1

I want it :D

PSINXS
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
For meticulous machine work Atlanta Speed Shop. Julius does the machining on Titan Motorsports Supra. The man is slow, but he is freakin amamzing. 80% of having a fully built motor is machine work. anyone can throw in some rods n pistons and pray it works right, but a good machinist takes every precaution. Julius does just that.

For any other work like tuning or installing turbos n such: Turbo Dave or Batlground.

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 04:30 PM
The Corolla wagon with the BG sticker > 510!

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I want it :D

Girl you can have it whenever you want......... :hump:

Oh, are you talking about the car? That's not gonna happen. :tongue:

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:32 PM
The Corolla wagon with the BG sticker > 510!

Blasphemy! You shut your mouth! :slap:

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Blasphemy! You shut your mouth! :slap:

My shoebox is dying a slow death.

Compression tested it today.

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
My shoebox is dying a slow death.

Compression tested it today.

You know what that means!

Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build

My shoebox needs an SR. :(

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
You know what that means!

Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build

My shoebox needs an SR. :(

My 1st cyl compression was 75...

And I still made 255whp!

Yea I don't know if I can afford a build. I may just part it out. :(

Vteckidd
01-19-2006, 04:42 PM
slap a set of stock pistons in it.

if you have SOME compression, it means :
cracked or broken ring lands
bent valves

it cant be a hole in a piston cause then it would be zero compression. im going to lean towards detonation and popped ringlands. what was the problem that made your motor lose compression, details please

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:45 PM

And I still made 255whp!

NO!!!! DON'T DO IT!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Dragonfly5338
01-19-2006, 04:47 PM
If you part it out I will kill you. There's nothing cooler than a shitbox sentra whoopin up on a supra on the highway, hahaha.

Fag.

Vteckidd
01-19-2006, 04:49 PM
did you pull your plugs and inspect them , what did you find. im just curious

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
If you part that fucking car out you are going to become the victim of a Chicago Hot Plate via ME! :slap:

KMDX
01-19-2006, 04:55 PM
OMG Chris you still have that car!!!!

kel

BTLFED
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
OMG Chris you still have that car!!!!

kel

Still have my CRX too.....April 19th will be 10 years I have owned it. :goodjob:

My 510 is going to have to be brought back to premarrige condition so I can make it better. :)

SilverJester
01-19-2006, 05:04 PM
From my dealing with Batlgounds, I would say go somewhere else. top speed seems like a really good shop. I never had work done there, but I know some people that have. Plus they have put out a lot of 300, 400, & 500+ hp cars...********sales.com (http://www.********sales.com/(ldc0ely432xfw1j2y2gvhq55)/default.aspx?)

**edit: wow that's gay, IA edits out the name of the shop I was recommending

Rican219
01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
From my dealing with Batlgounds, I would say go somewhere else. top speed seems like a really good shop. I never had work done there, but I know some people that have. Plus they have put out a lot of 300, 400, & 500+ hp cars...********sales.com (http://www.********sales.com/(ldc0ely432xfw1j2y2gvhq55)/default.aspx?)

**edit: wow that's gay, IA edits out the name of the shop I was recommending
*LY?
WOW OWN'D

PSINXS
01-19-2006, 05:10 PM
i also peronally met a Spop Teed customer and he has a 649.1AWHP GSX. says they do great work, a little pricey but do good work.

actually here is his car. he came out to a old national meet one night.

http://www.********sales.com/(tlqwpa45r00myv55d0nhf545)/default.aspx?vc=pclub

PhAtBoYMr2
01-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Tiger racing will hook you up, and they have the best prices around....tiger did a 240 and it made close to 500hp. He knows his cars

I would say take it to my cousin at phatboy racing because he specalizes in 240's but hes going to wyotech for cerificaton right now....

hes built up nyteryders 240 that you may be able to check out in the kills forum

Vteckidd
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Batlground
Turbo dave
Tiger Racing ( i had forgotten about them)
Mainstream

call around and get prices, find out what machine shop we all use, and what motors have been bult in the past. thats really the best thing to do. We all specialize in our own areas. MOST of the shops, if not all, will outsource the machining to a third party. so find out as much about that third part as possible. Only shop in town i know of with access to an inhouse machne shop is balanced cause Sunbelt is on their lot.

good luck

Vteckidd
01-19-2006, 05:24 PM
***EDIT***

lets not turn this into "dont go to this guys shop cause i didnt like them " thread. lets keep it civil. if you dont like one of the shops, then just post who YOU like, not who you DONT like

Tracy
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Batlground
Turbo dave
Tiger Racing ( i had forgotten about them)
Mainstream

call around and get prices, find out what machine shop we all use, and what motors have been bult in the past. thats really the best thing to do. We all specialize in our own areas. MOST of the shops, if not all, will outsource the machining to a third party. so find out as much about that third part as possible. Only shop in town i know of with access to an inhouse machne shop is balanced cause Sunbelt is on their lot.

good luck

ditto

Vteckidd
01-19-2006, 05:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^i love you lol

Tracy
01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^i love you lol

You, too boog!!!!! Wanna do it?

Rican219
01-19-2006, 05:46 PM
You, too boog!!!!! Wanna do it?
:rly:

SilverJester
01-19-2006, 06:12 PM
***EDIT***

lets not turn this into "dont go to this guys shop cause i didnt like them " thread. lets keep it civil. if you dont like one of the shops, then just post who YOU like, not who you DONT like
I don't see anything wrong with listing sites you endorse or don't endorse, so long as it is civil. But while we're are stating things that should be left out of this thread, maybe we should keep it on topic and leave out useless comments like "^^^^^^^^^^^i love you lol", "You, too boog!!!!! Wanna do it?", and " :rly: "
:2cents:

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok back to sentra.

I believe its a blown ring. We pulled the spark plugs to do the compression test and the number 1 spark plug was just covered in oil.

I may sell the turbo I have sitting in my room in order to build the motor...

TheSnail
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM

And I still made 255whp!

Mine started to run like crap (yesterday) aswell, cuts off and idle is low, and vacumme raised a couple of psi. I checked for boost leaks and now going to check the plugs. Matt you jinksed me you son of a bitch !

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I mean I can't say I didn't see this coming. People had been telling it that it had been smoking a lot. Who knows, oh well. It may get built or it may get sold. I don't even know...

But I do know that I'll take it to BATLGROUND especially because it is a nissan.

TheSnail
01-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Time to start " Halfbaked GTiR donation fund. "

I'd give you 5$

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 07:27 PM
I thought about doing GTiR rods and pistons...which would lower my compression...that or I found some wiseco forged pistons that'd give me 9.0:1 compression they were like $350.

TheSnail
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Talk to brian at turbo daves. His name here is Silviadrftr my spelling may be off though. Last time I talked to him, he told me he had a kit sitting around he wanted to let go. Pistons/rods/sleves, pm, since I cant remember what they brands were, All I remeber is that the pistons were 20 over, and the rods were EagleRods.

HalfBaked
01-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Do rwd rods and pistons fit fwd?

I've never had a good answer about that question...

TheSnail
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, alot of rwd guys go for the stronger gtir rods and I cant see why pistons would be any different. A couple of years ago, I bought piston rings at Nissan for my old redtop from a b13 ser, and they worked just great. I also bought rod and crank bearings from the ser.

nightracer
01-20-2006, 04:47 AM
I guess I failed to post that I am looking for a machine shop to do good work first then a performance shop for tuning and installing a few things. From what I can see, Sop Teed has put together some fast ass cars. BATLGround has also done a nice job hmmm. Big decision to make.

KMDX
01-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Still have my CRX too.....April 19th will be 10 years I have owned it. :goodjob:

My 510 is going to have to be brought back to premarrige condition so I can make it better. :)

When I grow up I wanna be just like you!!! I'm so upside down in cars right now its ridiculous... :rant:

Vteckidd
01-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't see anything wrong with listing sites you endorse or don't endorse, so long as it is civil. But while we're are stating things that should be left out of this thread, maybe we should keep it on topic and leave out useless comments like "^^^^^^^^^^^i love you lol", "You, too boog!!!!! Wanna do it?", and " :rly: "
:2cents:

well, instead of turning this into a "i WOULDNT take it to shop XXX cause they suck and i dont trust them and blahblahblah" and turn this into another WORTHLESS waste of a thread, why dont we keep this to who you reccomend.

you could have just said "i prefer T-O-P-S-P-E-E-D, they do great work." what expierience do you have with a built engine? How many machine shops have you been to and how many SR20s have you built? If you had a run in with Batlground, then thats fine, but unless it has something to do with them machining and building your engine, shit talking is just going to turn this into a nother bitch-fest thread. I have been to 4 different machine shops locally before i found one i trust. even then, i usually still send my stuff to DFE Enterprises, who built my motor. cause i know hes the best, at least IMO.

Batlground im sure has a VERY competent machinist, as their motors make good power, and a "batlground blown up motor" is rare to hear about. so they must be doing something right.

Same with Turbo Dave. I think brian made around 450-500whp STOCK sr20 BLOCK. and i have seen them build motors , hell, we just dynoed a 512whp S2000 that they did. so they are doing somethign right.

Tiger Racing, i know they have a bunch of 240sx's, and trihn vouches for them and i trust him.

i hate when people (like the guy that started this thread) post up and ask a honest question, and SOMEONE has to turn it into a bitch fest.

to the guy that started this thread, any of the shops listed can do the work. as i said , call around and get prices, and ask info. ask whats been built before, what the machine shop warranty is ,if there is one, etcetcetc.

SleepingTalon
01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
It's not hard if you dive deep enough into the community with the people that have a rep for making power and building things that are fast. I do all my tuning at BG, and all my customers are VERY happy with it. As far as the motor build, everyone will have their preferences to who does the machine work based on their individual experiences. I've got plenty of good numbers to brag about with many cars I've done with assistance from my machine shop, but so does everyone else. For example, just the other day I tuned an RB25 that I'd recently built the bottom end on, and it was making 350whp w/ only 12psi on a turbo no bigger than an 18g with the car purring like a kitten. We've all made the big power numbers and run fast times. You can look in the 1/4 top times list on here and see pretty much all the people that are getting recommended on that list. Just do what Mike said, and talk to every shop your considering, then make your decsion based on that. You'll get nowhere asking on IA about which shop to go to. It really doesn't do anything but start Flame Fest '06.

BTLFED
01-20-2006, 10:59 AM
It's not hard if you dive deep enough into the community with the people that have a rep for making power and building things that are fast. I do all my tuning at BG, and all my customers are VERY happy with it. As far as the motor build, everyone will have their preferences to who does the machine work based on their individual experiences. I've got plenty of good numbers to brag about with many cars I've done with assistance from my machine shop, but so does everyone else. For example, just the other day I tuned an RB25 that I'd recently built the bottom end on, and it was making 350whp w/ only 12psi on a turbo no bigger than an 18g with the car purring like a kitten. We've all made the big power numbers and run fast times. You can look in the 1/4 top times list on here and see pretty much all the people that are getting recommended on that list. Just do what Mike said, and talk to every shop your considering, then make your decsion based on that. You'll get nowhere asking on IA about which shop to go to. It really doesn't do anything but start Flame Fest '06.

Exactly. George and VtecKidd have the correct idea. :goodjob:

HalfBaked
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Exactly. George and VtecKidd have the correct idea. :goodjob:

Yea they do!

Go George and Vteckidd!

BTLFED
01-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Yea they do!

Go George and Vteckidd!

And if you sell your Sentra I am going to puch you in the throat! Go me!

Tracy
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
I guess I failed to post that I am looking for a machine shop to do good work first then a performance shop for tuning and installing a few things. From what I can see, Sop Teed has put together some fast ass cars. BATLGround has also done a nice job hmmm. Big decision to make.

let's just make this easy for you, boo. Everyone in Atlanta uses Eagle Machine Shop pretty much. I know there are a few exceptions. Ask for Frank and tell him that Tracy sent you. He will treat you very well. You can also inquire with him about who he trusts for installation and tuning. He gets to see all of the innards of the engine when he gets them from whatever shop. He knows who makes motors detonate and who doesn't ;) 770-339-3053

Both TS and BG use the same machine shop ;) We've been using them since our Supra was the first import they ever worked on 6 years ago (they machined our Supra when it was in the 8's. We gave them all of the clearances they hit the #'s. They have the equipment. Dan has th knowledge). If you like, you can ask him he prefers to work with. He can see it on the pistons when he opens up the engine AND HE HAS NOTHING TO LOSE IN ALL OF THIS. So he will be honest. You have to keep in mind that the clearances are one of the keys th building an engine....we give them our clearance #'s and then we file fit our own rings and such.

HalfBaked
01-20-2006, 11:33 AM
And if you sell your Sentra I am going to puch you in the throat! Go me!

I still don't know what I'm going to do.

Selling isn't a good option because well, I'd lose my ass on that car.

Might as well just pour more money that I don't have into it.

That and well sell something that is on my nightstand...

PSINXS
01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
^lightsaber dildo?

HalfBaked
01-20-2006, 11:36 AM
^lightsaber dildo?

That and a precision sc61.

PSINXS
01-20-2006, 11:36 AM
nice turbo. hope your car works out.

HalfBaked
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks. Me too. :(

Vteckidd
01-20-2006, 01:47 PM
let's just make this easy for you, boo. Everyone in Atlanta uses Eagle Machine Shop pretty much. I know there are a few exceptions. Ask for Frank and tell him that Tracy sent you. He will treat you very well. You can also inquire with him about who he trusts for installation and tuning. He gets to see all of the innards of the engine when he gets them from whatever shop. He knows who makes motors detonate and who doesn't ;) 770-339-3053

Both TS and BG use the same machine shop ;) We've been using them since our Supra was the first import they ever worked on 6 years ago (they machined our Supra when it was in the 8's. We gave them all of the clearances they hit the #'s. They have the equipment. Dan has th knowledge). If you like, you can ask him he prefers to work with. He can see it on the pistons when he opens up the engine AND HE HAS NOTHING TO LOSE IN ALL OF THIS. So he will be honest. You have to keep in mind that the clearances are one of the keys th building an engine....we give them our clearance #'s and then we file fit our own rings and such.

and that my friends, is how a REAL machine shop is run. and Batlground sounds like they are dead on the money. You give the machinist what YOU want and their goal is to meet YOUR requirements. Thats what we do, and thats the way to do it.

ring gap
piston to wall clearance
roundness of the bore
bearing clearances

that is what makes a motor BUILT and make power. anyone can throw pistons in. thats the difference between ASSEMBLING a motor, and BUILDING a motor

Tracy
01-20-2006, 02:39 PM
and that my friends, is how a REAL machine shop is run. and Batlground sounds like they are dead on the money. You give the machinist what YOU want and their goal is to meet YOUR requirements. Thats what we do, and thats the way to do it.

ring gap
piston to wall clearance
roundness of the bore
bearing clearances

that is what makes a motor BUILT and make power. anyone can throw pistons in. thats the difference between ASSEMBLING a motor, and BUILDING a motor

I'm getting so amrt about this car stuff, Mike. Aren't you proud??? :D

I knew there were certain # for certain things, I just couldn't remember all of the things you mentioned
ring gap
piston to wall clearance
roundness of the bore
bearing clearances

But now I will. Thanks, bud!

Vteckidd
01-20-2006, 03:36 PM
you guys have made power out of numerous setups, you dont do that with a SHITTY machine shop *cough* KMS *cough*.

the machine shop is only half the battle, its the person that puts it togethers job to check back over the machine shop to make sure they did their job the correct way. if you notice that the piston to wall clearance is too tight, then the machine shop failed, and the customer will be unhappy in 1000miles when his pistons expand into the cylinder wall and fuck up the bore. seen that before from another shops build that i had to fix (wont name names, but they arent mentioned in this thread)

but you guys dont have that problem obviously, a 700+whp EVO and a XXXXwhp Supra, and the other cars you guys have done dont make that power on sub par machine work.

like my motor, when it comes to hondas, had anyone else done my motor, i GUARANTEE it wouldnt have made over 210whp. But i had a guy do it that some people claim is the best in the industry (honda/acura wise).

we need to talk more tracinator. ;)

Tracy
01-20-2006, 03:42 PM
you guys have made power out of numerous setups, you dont do that with a SHITTY machine shop *cough* KMS *cough*.

the machine shop is only half the battle, its the person that puts it togethers job to check back over the machine shop to make sure they did their job the correct way. if you notice that the piston to wall clearance is too tight, then the machine shop failed, and the customer will be unhappy in 1000miles when his pistons expand into the cylinder wall and fuck up the bore. seen that before from another shops build that i had to fix (wont name names, but they arent mentioned in this thread)

but you guys dont have that problem obviously, a 700+whp EVO and a XXXXwhp Supra, and the other cars you guys have done dont make that power on sub par machine work.

like my motor, when it comes to hondas, had anyone else done my motor, i GUARANTEE it wouldnt have made over 210whp. But i had a guy do it that some people claim is the best in the industry (honda/acura wise).

we need to talk more tracinator. ;)

I know, I miss you..but yougot that new girl and all! Jeez!!!! I'll see you sunday, tho. I'm excited.

WINDSOR
01-20-2006, 05:32 PM
tiger racing is good with the swaps though i don't know if sam does motor builds since most of his customers just stay with the stock engine....pretty sure he can though for a good deal.