PDA

View Full Version : anyone do your taxes yet?

AznTraitor
01-19-2006, 01:33 PM
I did....and woooooooooo....I am happy! it's almost like winning the lottery!

if you havent, use www.taxact.com they are free and it's simple to use.

I do the direct deposit everytime, and usually get it within a week to two weeks, this year they said it will be deposited on the 27th!

#1Beaver
01-19-2006, 01:34 PM
i dont have my dub-2 yet does that mata

SixSquared
01-19-2006, 01:36 PM
You have to have your W2's in. I just did mine on Taxfreedom.com they charge you, but they take it out of your refund, so it's all good. Only in the world of waiting tables could I have worked for a total of 4 months all year and be getting a $600 refund. SCORE.

AznTraitor
01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
You have to have your W2's in. I just did mine on Taxfreedom.com they charge you, but they take it out of your refund, so it's all good. Only in the world of waiting tables could I have worked for a total of 4 months all year and be getting a $600 refund. SCORE.

next time use, taxact. It's completely free! I've done it for the past 3 years with no problems and so has alot of my family. If you have alot of deductions and dont know how to do it, then you might wanna skip on it, but if your W2's are straight foward and you know how to file your taxes, it's a BREEZE.

and HC, you have to have your papers before you can file.

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Peter, do mine for me?

#1Beaver
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
i forgot whats the date i have to have my w2 in by!
is it the end of january?

Brett
01-19-2006, 01:42 PM
As soon as our dubya 2's come in, Im usin my Turbo Tax software, Did it last year and it was direct deposited no issues :D

SixSquared
lol damn you would tell me now when I just did em yesterday. Oh well it's all good. I like taxfreedom because they send you an email and let you know exactly what is going on. And in the waiting tables industry, we all get scared of audits at tax time, so it's nice to get an email saying it was received by the IRS, and approved, or whatever..

Funny thing.. during tax time, you deal with money and the IRS... ever notice that if you put "the" and "IRS" together it spells "THEIRS"?

AznTraitor
Peter, do mine for me?

dun, do you have your W2's yet? taxact tells you what to plug in where, all you do is just look at your W2 and it's labeled and numbered, and they will be like, put line 2 here.

it's THAT easy!

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
dun, do you have your W2's yet? taxact tells you what to plug in where, all you do is just look at your W2 and it's labeled and numbered, and they will be like, put line 2 here.

it's THAT easy!

AFLAC is takin thier time....so you gon do em Peter LIRL

AznTraitor
01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
lol damn you would tell me now when I just did em yesterday. Oh well it's all good. I like taxfreedom because they send you an email and let you know exactly what is going on. And in the waiting tables industry, we all get scared of audits at tax time, so it's nice to get an email saying it was received by the IRS, and approved, or whatever..

Funny thing.. during tax time, you deal with money and the IRS... ever notice that if you put "the" and "IRS" together it spells "THEIRS"?

taxact does the same, gives you confirmation #'s and email updates, but it doesnt charge.

if you goto the irs website, they list a taxfreedom, but I just like not being charged if I dont have to be.

brett, this is all efiled too, so it's painless.

I used turbo tax software way back when, but now that there is all these new companies, I just do it that way now, of course they want you to upgrade to their more in depth stuff (which is really just a explanation of everything) but like I said, if you know what you are doing and can read, no sweat.

AznTraitor
01-19-2006, 01:46 PM
AFLAC is takin thier time....so you gon do em Peter LIRL

when you get it, just let me know.

quit being lazy, it takes like 10mins of just plugging numbers into the comp!

Leisa
01-19-2006, 02:01 PM
you can also use your last paycheck stub for 2005 .. it should be same as your w-2

thinkfast®
01-19-2006, 02:32 PM
so you gon do your taxes Ness? THATS WHATS HOT ON THE STREETS?

AtifSajid
01-19-2006, 02:41 PM
them damn dubya 2's aint came in yet either...

chrisdavis
01-19-2006, 05:56 PM
them damn dubya 2's aint came in yet either...

Employers have till Jan 31st to get them out. My company is taking thier sweet ass time. All I need is the EIN number off of my W-2 and mine are good to go. I have been using H and R Block's online program for 5 years now with no complaints.

dereksi
01-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Yea my boss is taking his fucking time to give me mine. Last year I used freedom tax I had to pay like 25bucks but I got my refund in 4 days. Might use them again.

devinwebb907
01-19-2006, 06:33 PM
im getting about 500$. torque converter here i come.

DP97ACCORDLX
01-19-2006, 07:01 PM
waitin on my dub-2's also...they need to hurry up!

trythefly
01-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Just got my w-2 today. Just waiting on my wifes to get here now. This could get interesting.....I hope.