PDA

View Full Version : RICE?????

LemonAJAX
01-19-2006, 11:52 AM
so tell me something, a turbocharged 280 FWHP 98, 4 to 2 door conversion, is that rice on an altima?? note thats all to come, now it's just a regular altima, wiht window tint, wheels and i disabled the back windows so i can put decals there.., i got hankook decals now i'm waiting for the IA decals, but i owe my rents $800, then i gotta do engine work, ie: cams, aluminum heads, Jim Wolf Tech. cams, and prolly aluminum pistons.. the turbo is 3399 comes with everything!!! Blow-off valve, wastgate. head unit, intercooler, fuel injectors, header for the unit, everything. ya'll think it's rice? it's gonna be my project car, gonna do new seats and prolly rollcage and evetually i wanna close off the back doors, just shave em completely, so they wont open.. but is this rice? i think it might be a little..

Tracy
01-19-2006, 11:53 AM
call Elite and ask them ;)

JP. :D

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 11:55 AM
with all those decals....maybe.
well each person has its own view of rice
most performance guys think show cars are rice
to me, rice isn't whats on the CAR, a ricer makes his car more then it is...i.e stickers for shit he dont have.
you'll hear alot of opinions.

Tank
01-19-2006, 12:01 PM
i like the thought but rice to me is the persona i get from the driver of the car not the car itself

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 12:02 PM
i like the thought but rice to me is the persona i get from the driver of the car not the car itself

thats what i said.

Nitro
01-19-2006, 12:50 PM

yummy ;) (looking outside @ american bowl of rice) :lmfao:

hey man *rice* is an ignorant word it all developed fromsome people having more money than others to play with causing them to shortcut around some things when it comes to putting together a vehicle.....in comparison to someone with bottomless pockets who can drop there car off on fri. @ a shop & pick it up on monday. with every living mod done to it....i've seen it hands on personally bro......make your ride a reflection of you, your character & personality .......fuck what anybody else has to say ...remember they don't have to drive it!!! :D how can u be unique if u depend on everyones input on <your ride> always welcome suggestions ...but...do your own thug thizzle homie. :goodjob:

Repost Squintz
01-19-2006, 02:03 PM
post pix

dereksi
01-19-2006, 02:06 PM

:2up:

PSINXS
01-19-2006, 02:08 PM
not ricey at all. You got good plans and a decent platform. i know a couple fast turbo altimas. if ppl think decals are rice then tell it to this car
http://jeffh.zerosetup.com/personal/preludeboy/evopics/8-1-04/dscn1597.sized.jpg

Halfwit
01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
it is rice now..

Repost Squintz
01-19-2006, 02:11 PM
not ricey at all. You got good plans and a decent platform. i know a couple fast turbo altimas. if ppl think decals are rice then tell it to this car
http://jeffh.zerosetup.com/personal/preludeboy/evopics/8-1-04/dscn1597.sized.jpg
it's not rice cause that ride is actually SPARCO's evo.. ;)

dereksi
01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
exactly^^^

Tracy
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
:2up:

Oh relax! I'm just freaking kidding:). I was just picking cuz of what that GSR guy said the other day. sheesh. sensitive!

Tracy
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
not ricey at all. You got good plans and a decent platform. i know a couple fast turbo altimas. if ppl think decals are rice then tell it to this carhttp://jeffh.zerosetup.com/personal/preludeboy/evopics/8-1-04/dscn1597.sized.jpg

or tell it to my car. My car is the Super Fried Rice if so.

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
derek si pm'd me and said

Hello Kitty is rice, hah

Tracy
01-19-2006, 02:23 PM
derek si pm'd me and said

LOL! I know! That was the plan! ;)

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 02:26 PM
LOL! I know! That was the plan! ;)

lets get him Tracy.
sidenote: im joshin around, he didn't pm me

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:10 PM
lets get him Tracy.
sidenote: im joshin around, he didn't pm me

haters

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:12 PM
haters

they are
* sprays more burberry london cologne on*

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:16 PM
they are
* sprays more burberry london cologne on*

LOL! We should get married. I say joshin' too. I thought I was the only one.

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:17 PM
fuck the word "joshin". (j/p)

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
fuck the word "joshin". (j/p)

Oh snap! Now you want to get sown along with Justin, huh? Bet that up. Meet me at the gym at 6 pm TONIGHT!!!!

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:19 PM
ILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! better bring your A game (who's Justin)

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:22 PM
ILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! better bring your A game (who's Justin)

cool. Main Event Fitness on Powers Ferry and Windy Hill. Better bring your mouth piece. I've been boxing for 3 years ;)

Justinsane1??? whatever the fuck his name is.

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Derek is about to get it.

not joshin either

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Yea well Im a middle weight gold glove 4 years running. now what? lol

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:26 PM

so!!!
im a street nigga!!!

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:27 PM

great! Then see you at 6 then....TRICK!

Be quiet Street NiXXA

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:27 PM
O shit!! we cool we cool. lol

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Tracy is my body guard.....and i guard tracy's body....on weekends LIRL

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:29 PM
great! Then see you at 6 then....TRICK!

Be quiet Street NiXXA
better make it 8. I do my ass kicking after dinner.

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
better make it 8. I do my ass kicking after dinner.

That's cool chicken! I have to go at 6. It's closed at 8. Oh well! Excuses, Excuses!

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:34 PM
I guess its a street fight then. lol

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:35 PM
: Yoga Flame:
yaay, street fighter

SaraX5
01-19-2006, 03:35 PM
derek's gonna get a black eye and a knuckle sandwich from me when he gets off work

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:36 PM
derek's gonna get a black eye and a knuckle sandwich from me when he gets off work

OOOOO shit. It's on now nukka!

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:37 PM
well im out of this, its a domestic dispute, lets go Tracy.

SaraX5
01-19-2006, 03:37 PM
lol no ones gonna help me by holding him down?

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:39 PM

let me go get my gloves, no finger prints
SMOOTH CRIMINAL

Tracy
01-19-2006, 03:39 PM

I'll hold his bitch ass down!

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!! Sara and Tracy cant hold me,it will take more then you two sissy's

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!! Sara and Tracy cant hold me,it will take more then you two sissy's

thats why im here

dereksi
01-19-2006, 03:45 PM
thats why im here
LOL yea it prolly would take all three of yall. :D

B16a2 Civic
01-19-2006, 03:55 PM
LOL yea it prolly would take all three of yall. :D

LIRL, im 6'0 and about 175 :( maybe your right.

LemonAJAX
01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
yummy ;) (looking outside @ american bowl of rice) :lmfao:

hey man *rice* is an ignorant word it all developed fromsome people having more money than others to play with causing them to shortcut around some things when it comes to putting together a vehicle.....in comparison to someone with bottomless pockets who can drop there car off on fri. @ a shop & pick it up on monday. with every living mod done to it....i've seen it hands on personally bro......make your ride a reflection of you, your character & personality .......fuck what anybody else has to say ...remember they don't have to drive it!!! :D how can u be unique if u depend on everyones input on <your ride> always welcome suggestions ...but...do your own thug thizzle homie. :goodjob:
^^ i like his opinion, thats what i'm gonna do but i wanna know if i'm gonna be made fun of for doing this. and i'm not puttin decals on for anyhting i dont have in/on it.. it's a 2nd gen altima.. i havent see a 2nd gen turbo'd yet, so maybe i'll be the first.. doubt it..

Saber19
01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
finally something i can help answer...i wouldn't at all say it's a ricer because you do what you want to your car. make your car the way you want to. you don't go around changing your styles of dress and how you act because of some different people. like me, when i get my car i plan on doing a few things to looks first simply because it's my first car and i, for one, don't know a lot about engines yet, and two, i know my parents wouldn't appreciate me driving a 350 hp car. but what i'm not gonna do is make my car look nice and then go out and act like its the fastest thing on the road. that's just dumb..don't be cocky like that...that's my definition of a ricer..

wantboost
01-20-2006, 10:15 PM
^^ i like his opinion, thats what i'm gonna do but i wanna know if i'm gonna be made fun of for doing this. and i'm not puttin decals on for anyhting i dont have in/on it.. it's a 2nd gen altima.. i havent see a 2nd gen turbo'd yet, so maybe i'll be the first.. doubt it.. why would you give a shit if they make fun of you? Do what you think is cool and if people talk shit let the turbo do the talkin ;)

LemonAJAX
01-20-2006, 11:13 PM
why would you give a shit if they make fun of you? Do what you think is cool and if people talk shit let the turbo do the talkin ;)

^^ i also like that opinion.. so what all do i need for the motor to run a turbo?? i'm looking into, Cams, Aluminum heads, and probalby aluminum pistons just to be safe.. anyhting else.. heres the turbo i want.. http://www.turbokits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html first one on the page...

eViLMunkey
01-21-2006, 01:48 AM

OOh... Bwahahaha :lmfao: :lmfao: :lirl:

ct9a gsr
01-21-2006, 09:24 AM
so tell me something, a turbocharged 280 FWHP 98, 4 to 2 door conversion, is that rice on an altima?? note thats all to come, now it's just a regular altima, wiht window tint, wheels and i disabled the back windows so i can put decals there.., i got hankook decals now i'm waiting for the IA decals, but i owe my rents $800, then i gotta do engine work, ie: cams, aluminum heads, Jim Wolf Tech. cams, and prolly aluminum pistons.. the turbo is 3399 comes with everything!!! Blow-off valve, wastgate. head unit, intercooler, fuel injectors, header for the unit, everything. ya'll think it's rice? it's gonna be my project car, gonna do new seats and prolly rollcage and evetually i wanna close off the back doors, just shave em completely, so they wont open.. but is this rice? i think it might be a little..

Disabling your rear windows so you can put stickers on 'em = rice (btw, you can put vinyl stickers on them and have them still function just fine)

Shaving your rear doors so you can pretend to be a 2-door = rice

Decals of non-sponsors = rice

Roll-cage when you don't need one = rice

Hey, you asked for opinions, this is just mine. Don't get mad. =]

HiPSI
01-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Disabling your rear windows so you can put stickers on 'em = rice (btw, you can put vinyl stickers on them and have them still function just fine)

Shaving your rear doors so you can pretend to be a 2-door = rice

Decals of non-sponsors = rice

Roll-cage when you don't need one = rice

Hey, you asked for opinions, this is just mine. Don't get mad. =]

^what he said, and to add:

saying you're gonna put "aluminum headS" on a car that already has an aluminum head (and only one of them at that)=rice ;)

and WTF is a "head unit" when you're talking about the turbo kit?

PSINXS
01-21-2006, 10:11 AM
i thought at least the stickers were parts on his car. i just stick all my stickers from my parts on my toolbox. i guess you can say its riced out.

Vteckidd
01-21-2006, 12:46 PM
this always happens about once every 2-3 months. what is the definition of rice? well this is what it means to me:

Rice is acting like you have something, when you dont. dont bullshit me, i can smell it a mile away. dont tell me your GSR motor is making 280whp all motor, dont tell me your Turbo D series makes 500whp, dont tell me your EVO runs 9s and its your daily driver and its still got a driveout tag on it, dont tell me your D16 motor is from SPOON,etc.

Rice is putting shit on your car that does not deserve to be there, or serves no intended purpose. BIG MOOSE racks on a civic is RICE. Now, a moose rack on a Signal drift car, i can accept that. Lambo doors belong on only one car, a LAMBORGHINI. IMO. Your civic,corrola, integra, prelude, 240sx, with a EBAY body kit is NOT a show car. Decals are not rice, as long as you run the products and its TASTEFULLY done. slapping NOS stickers and a NIKE swoosh on your Ford Focus that your mom lets you borrow is RICE.

Blaring your stereo or REVVING on someone is RICE. you want to race, ask me, you want to bump your system, do it when im not around trying to hold an intelligient conversation with other adults. that goes out to the Lancer dude at EVERY varsity meet that thinks hes cool by blaring some retarded drum and bass. turn that shit off .

The dude with the neon is right, do your car for you, but do things that are functional. Im not a fan of his car, but he likes it, and thats what matters. he might think my car is a POS crx, but i like it, and thats what matters.. i guess the show car scene has always turned me off.

also, dont talk about doing it, DO IT.

Halfwit
01-21-2006, 12:48 PM
preach, mike always comin out with words of wisdom.

MR. 200SX
01-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Is not rice.. just a good way to get the cops/thieves attention but that's all.

green91
01-21-2006, 01:41 PM
sounds like rice to me.

LemonAJAX
01-21-2006, 02:59 PM
^what he said, and to add:

saying you're gonna put "aluminum headS" on a car that already has an aluminum head (and only one of them at that)=rice ;)

and WTF is a "head unit" when you're talking about the turbo kit?

wouldn't that be the part with all the blades and stuff?? and i decided yesterday after talking to the guys at Pro-Speed that i just need so head-work done.. not a new head.. but i appreciatet the opinion, ultimately it'll be how i wna t and it WON'T be my daily driver like i'll probalbly find a POS mazda truck that gets like 40 miles to the gallon then drive it during the weeks.. and pull my car on the weekends.. have a friend with a 5.0 thats gonna do the same thing.. he's puttin a supercharger in his though..

LemonAJAX
01-21-2006, 03:05 PM
i'll admit i did kinda carried away with all that.. but we'll see how the future goes.. and what all happens to it.. another question.. what if i just put the turbo in it + the major engine work, then did stuff like body work?? cause it needs a new passenger door and a new passenger fender.. and i'm gonna get it painted blue.. i like the idea of a sleeper.. but that might be lame cause it is an altima.. after all..

Kevykev
01-21-2006, 03:06 PM
the definition of "Rice" clearly depends.

Everyone has their own rendition.

that's it people.

But I thinkn most agree that rice is synonomous with excessive bolt ons to the point where the car looses direction of a common focus. LOL

Rice is an infamouse word amongst the scene. :D

1/4Mile
01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Huh:confused:

§treet_§peed
01-23-2006, 04:36 PM
this thr3ad has been JACKED. ALSO, can't we all just get along??

turbosx©
01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
rice=trouble <this is my opinion