PDA

View Full Version : RANT

babygurl
01-19-2006, 09:47 AM
oK...some of you know that my 2004 Nissan Sentra was totalled due to a tree falling on it, on December 14, 2005.

Well it has been nothing but a pain since this happened.

Basically I orginally bought the car, my mother had to cosign with me, and we financed it through Transsouth Financial Company, we also purchased Gap Insurance (great thing to have), but be warned make sure you read the entire contract, with my contract it stated that "if I refinance the car, with another company. the contract is null and void."

I failed to read the whole contract, so as of right now I am responsible for 6,000. On a car that I legally dont own anymore.

I tried getting my insurance company to pay all of it. But they wouldnt budge, so i said screw it, the Gap Insurance will pay it off. Well I get a letter about a week ago, that the claim was denied, because I refinanced the car, and contract was no good.

So yeah I already bought another car before I knew all of this. So right now I have to car payments. cant afford two cars right now!

So either I have to declare bankruptcy, or pay it off when I can. Or get judgement against me and all the BS.

Well I got a letter in the mail yesterday basically stated that Capitol One Auto Finance (the copy I refinanced with) has never completely gotten the title transfered over, my mother never signed the power of atty.

So honestly I am not sure on what to do.

I hate this shit.

I am really just wanting to delcare bankruptcy, and not have my mother sign the power of atty. And say screw them all.

But I am afraid this will come back on me in the long run. So now I get to sit down with lawyers, and see what I can do.

FUCK!!!

END RANT!

sorry so long!

Marta Mike
01-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep ya head up, it will all work out for the best!

COGCaviZ24
01-19-2006, 10:18 AM
that blows and hate to be an ass but 2=two not "to"

babygurl
01-19-2006, 10:26 AM
that blows and hate to be an ass but 2=two not "to"

thank you Mr. English teacher, I fixed the problem, does that mean I get an A on an internet rant?

^^^meant to be funny!

speedminded
01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Who's your insurance with?

babygurl
01-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Who's your insurance with?

Car Insurance - Progressive

Gap Insurance - American Heritage Insruance Company

speedminded
01-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Car Insurance - ProgressiveThere ya go. Good luck. I've heard good but even more bad over them and Geico...I'm a firm believer in paying the extra little money for a company that doesn't operate solely over a telephone. *edit* Retailers are one thing but for purchases that involve constant customer service, contracts, fine print, etc. it's rarely worth the savings. :2cents:

COGCaviZ24
01-19-2006, 10:39 AM
it just made a little hard to read.yes babe you get an A. your in GI, i gots nuttin but love for ya:kiss:

Brett
01-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Anytime you refinanace you need to check on the GAP because when the GAP is put it its with the orginal company the loan was with and it was a part of the contract first signed. If another bank then takes over that contract they would use thier own company to cover the GAP. So yeah you would be out of that money if you didnt change GAP coverage with the new bank.

babygurl
01-19-2006, 10:48 AM
it just made a little hard to read.yes babe you get an A. your in GI, i gots nuttin but love for ya:kiss:

Same to you babe :) nuttin but love for ya

babygurl
01-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Anytime you refinanace you need to check on the GAP because when the GAP is put it its with the orginal company the loan was with and it was a part of the contract first signed. If another bank then takes over that contract they would use thier own company to cover the GAP. So yeah you would be out of that money if you didnt change GAP coverage with the new bank.

From now on when I buy or sign anything brett will be present!

Rabunchic
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah when I bought my new car I made sure to ask if I refinance in the future if my gap would go along also and they said it would!

Brett
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
ha ha ha ha I just watch that stuff...lol

thinkfast®
01-19-2006, 12:51 PM
chalk it up to experience, next time if you purchase gap from a dealer, make sure you know what you are doing, or you can also purchase it from just about any car insurance company (Progressive included) for a few dollars every 6 months.. (My company charges something like $4-6 dollars for 6 months of Gap covg)

GAP, 1
Babygurl, 0

babygurl
01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
hey hey now be nice :)

silver
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Don't do bankruptcy.... yeah its a quick easy fix it seems like... but you can't lease an apartment or if anything happened and you had to get credit for something for an emergancy you're screwed.. for at least 2 years... and with the new laws, its harder than before to declare bankruptcy... its almost better to go behind on your payments and pay it when you can than to build back up from a bankruptcy... talk to a lawyer... there might be options you are not aware of... and maybe even talk to who you owe money to and see if they will set up a new payment arrangement... but don't settle with the first peorson you ask that too and they say no.. dig further into the company see if you can speak with someone higher up with more authority... Other than that, I don't know what to tell ya.... Good Luck with it all though!!

silver
01-19-2006, 01:07 PM
If the property the car was on when the tree fell on it was covered under renters/owners insurance... would that help cover it???

babygurl
01-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I already talked to the Home Owners Insurance company and they said they do not cover it.

silver
01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
I already talked to the Home Owners Insurance company and they said they do not cover it.

that sucks.... did you ask them if there was a way around it or if they knew of options when the car insurance wont cover it??

speedminded
01-19-2006, 01:37 PM
I already talked to the Home Owners Insurance company and they said they do not cover it.strange, i wonder if that's because the tree itself is not being insured, just the improvements. ie...if my shop burns with my car in it then my car is covered also.

AznTraitor
01-19-2006, 01:54 PM
I know it's been said....but I would try my damndest to not file for bankruptcy. Maybe take out a small interest loan to cover it?

I guess I've been spoiled because my sister is a lawyer, but it's definately good to have a lawyer to read over all important documents and catch the little things that we miss.

at this point though, and I hate to say it, but there is nothing you can do. Major corporations will hold tight to their company policies.

but it's like thinkfast said, just chalk this one up as a learning experince.

definately sucks though.

AznTraitor
01-19-2006, 01:55 PM
strange, i wonder if that's because the tree itself is not being insured, just the improvements. ie...if my shop burns with my car in it then my car is covered also.

there's alot of loop holes that people are not aware of with homeowners and renters insurance, you might think you are 100% covered, but there is always something they can do to not have to pay out.

{X}Echo419
01-19-2006, 02:28 PM
http://www.inscomm.state.ga.us/

This might help.
btw: Oxendine is in the pockets of the insurance Companies. Good Luck

Julio
01-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Easy fix...

get a part time job to pay for that other 6k... 6k is not a lot of money to declare bankrupty.

civic95
01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
DAMN!!! $6000 gap in what it was worth vs: owed?

chrisdavis
01-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Car Insurance - Progressive

Gap Insurance - American Heritage Insruance Company

FYI Progressive offers gap coverage. I pay $4.00 a month for gap coverage on two vehicles.