PDA

View Full Version : !!!STOLEN CAR!!!

DelxxxSol
04-12-2005, 07:40 PM
hey guys its ryan. The del sol came right outta spray glow and everyone who saw it one saturday knows what it looks like. the only problem is, is that it was stolen out of the parking garage of my school (Georgia Perimeter college dunwoody campus) today 4/12. if anyone has any info please contact me 678-787-1833. I appreciate any and all help. Its primered grey with a full buddy club body kit on it with gunmetal motegi mr7 wheels. Thanx

Scrappy
04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
wtf doesnt the school have cameras to watch cars drive in and out? im sorry man... ill keep a eye out when i am around town

BufordŽ
04-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Damn Ryan, I'm sorry to read that. Gimmie a call if you need any help with any thing.

Big Rick
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
that shit is gettin outta hand, i know its just a car but if i ever caught someone in the act, i ain't letting that shit ride.

DelxxxSol
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
wtf doesnt the school have cameras to watch cars drive in and out? im sorry man... ill keep a eye out when i am around town

im checkin tommroow to see if they have cameras...thanks though

gtikid
04-12-2005, 08:27 PM
damn dude sorry to hear that...i'll keep an eye out

The Yousef
04-12-2005, 08:38 PM
damn dude!!! holy shit! i go to that campus....i'm sorry dude....i saw ur del sol at the Target meet....nice car

efman
04-12-2005, 08:41 PM
sorry i know you mustr hate that ,

Kevykev
04-12-2005, 08:42 PM
damn shit like this pisses me off...

DelxxxSol
04-12-2005, 08:53 PM
i think someone may have copyed my key while it was at sprayglo cause theres no way someone could have stolen a car in the middle of that campus with cops patrolling the parking deck all day. no one has had access to my keys except sprayglo. I have a killswitch system on it which u have to have the key. Etiher that or a pro did it cause there was no glass at the site where it was stolen.

civic95
04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
The theives either have a master key, or they are getting peoples VIN #'s then getting a friend at a dealership to make them keys. A lot of honda's have been stolen, they weren't broken into, and weren't hot wired. I would start looking at all the apt complexes off of buford hwy. You have about 48 hrs to find it, and then they'll come back to get it after they make sure it doesn't have lojack.

brittoknee
04-12-2005, 10:06 PM
holy crap....

yeah i go there... and by go dif I ever see anyone fucking with my shit... they'll have a print in the concrete.... post a pic of your car... I remember seein a del slo.. heh... in one of the parking lots...

5thgcelica
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
damn man. sorry to hear that.

ill keep my eye out.

DelxxxSol
04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
i dont have any recent pics of it but its primered grey all over u cant miss it. I appreciate everyones help, even just keeping your eyes open its a big help...thankx yall

speedminded
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
You have about a 1 in 3 chance that any random civic key will fit the door...very rarely will it work the ignition though but once they're inside nobody will notice them sitting there playing with the steering column...skeleton keys are pretty easy to come by too.

DelxxxSol
04-12-2005, 11:55 PM
the alarm woulda been going off though...and my alarm makes ya go deaf in the first place...in a parking garage it makes the world go deaf. Cops patrol up and down the campus too all day long...theres no way they coulda had time to hotwire the car but i could be wrong.

speedminded
04-13-2005, 12:09 AM
the alarm woulda been going off though...and my alarm makes ya go deaf in the first place...in a parking garage it makes the world go deaf. Cops patrol up and down the campus too all day long...theres no way they coulda had time to hotwire the car but i could be wrong.don't have to hotwire, just pop the lock...the alarm probably wouldn't go of it they used a key in the door. I'm curious about the kill switch though...

DelxxxSol
04-13-2005, 12:32 AM
the alarm goes off if not deactivated with the actual remote...the killswitch kills the ignition system so u cant drive off with it unless u have the key in the ignition and hold the valet button.

BufordŽ
04-13-2005, 12:42 AM
I had one of those in my Accord. Execpt mine was this little card you pulled out. Car wouldn't start if that card wasn't in.

endless
04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
ryan, this is aj. i think terry has a pic of it primed on his cell if you need it,
sorry to hear about it man, i will keep a look out. not to point fingers, but you might wanna talk to the dudes at sprayglo.

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2005, 08:52 AM
yeah sprayglo is your best bet....if you haven't ( im sure you have) file a police report and let them know about sprayglo, im sure they can conjure up a search warrant to look around the shop for anything and pull the report ( or whatever sprayglo) uses to see who worked on the car and run reports on them...just a thought...and of course sorry to hear about ya car, hope it shows up for ya mayne

collins
04-13-2005, 09:28 AM
sucks to hear man. just for the record, which sprayglo was it at?

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2005, 09:36 AM
oh and paging alarms work good, like when your home and stuff, but not really like in the mall and stuff, especially where you have to walk around or walk somewhere far from where you park...my range is like 3000 ft, but update us on your situation when you can

brittoknee
04-13-2005, 09:55 AM
yeah... which sprayglo was it?

did you just primer it recently?... i recall seein a red one in the lot... over by the A building in the afternoons...

good luck tho

carrascopa
04-13-2005, 10:06 AM
I WILL TELL YOU THIS... IF YOUR QUESTIONING THE SPRAYGLO IN DULUTH ON BUFORD HWY'S ETHICS THAN YOU ARE WAY OUT OF LINE... BELIEVE ME.. THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT NICER CAS THAN A PRIMERED DEL SOL COME OUT OF THERE JUST FINE! PLUS ITS RAN BY CHRISTIANS! NOONE THERE WOULD EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT

DelxxxSol
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I WILL TELL YOU THIS... IF YOUR QUESTIONING THE SPRAYGLO IN DULUTH ON BUFORD HWY'S ETHICS THAN YOU ARE WAY OUT OF LINE... BELIEVE ME.. THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT NICER CAS THAN A PRIMERED DEL SOL COME OUT OF THERE JUST FINE! PLUS ITS RAN BY CHRISTIANS! NOONE THERE WOULD EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT

im not trying to point any fingers or anythng but if your car was stolen a week after it came outta the shop, no one has had access to my keys but them, and i had 3 more miles on my car than i should have. wouldnt u like to find out yourself? im not out for blood...im just trying to emliminate all possiblilites.

DelxxxSol
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
yeah... which sprayglo was it?

did you just primer it recently?... i recall seein a red one in the lot... over by the A building in the afternoons...

good luck tho

yea it just got primered, it was the red one.

carrascopa
04-13-2005, 11:08 AM
im not trying to point any fingers or anythng but if your car was stolen a week after it came outta the shop, no one has had access to my keys but them, and i had 3 more miles on my car than i should have. wouldnt u like to find out yourself? im not out for blood...im just trying to emliminate all possiblilites.

well dude im sorry about your car but your an absolute fucking idiot for even thinking about pointing your finger at sprayglo on a public forum. Like i said before if they were gonna pull some shady shit out of their shop dont you think theyd pick a car worth stealing??? hahahaha..

DelxxxSol
04-13-2005, 11:49 AM
man f u c k off im not in the mood. If your car ever gets stolen just see how much trouble it causes you. I dont care if it was a piece or a million dollar car its still my car and has all my stuff in it.

Bajjani
04-13-2005, 12:46 PM
well dude im sorry about your car but your an absolute fucking idiot for even thinking about pointing your finger at sprayglo on a public forum. Like i said before if they were gonna pull some shady shit out of their shop dont you think theyd pick a car worth stealing??? hahahaha..

Dude shut up and lay off, you'd be doin the same thing he is and if you say you wouldn't than your fuckin stupid. Hes right about it not mattering what the car is worth, I don't care if someone steals a dollar outta my dorm, if you take my shit then I'm gnna be real pissed and everyone is to blame til i find the person who did it. You defended them in your first post now stfu

carrascopa
04-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Dude shut up and lay off, you'd be doin the same thing he is and if you say you wouldn't than your fuckin stupid. Hes right about it not mattering what the car is worth, I don't care if someone steals a dollar outta my dorm, if you take my shit then I'm gnna be real pissed and everyone is to blame til i find the person who did it. You defended them in your first post now stfu

BITCH! FUK U!!! YOUR JUST AS FUKIN IGNORANT AS THE DUMBASS WHO GOT HS CAR STOLEN!!!! YOU CANT ACCUSE A SHOP OF GRAND THEFT ON A MESSAGE BOARD! GROW THE FUCK UP

Bajjani
04-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Look man, he stated the facts, he hasn't gone around saying SPRAYGLO STOLE MY CAR!! Take your own advice and leave the man rant.

carrascopa
04-13-2005, 12:55 PM
EXAMPLE 1 BAJJANI YOU DIPSHIT

i think someone may have copyed my key while it was at sprayglo

Bajjani
04-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Are you seriously going to tell me you think there is no chance? You don't think people who have a bad past lie and get jobs at places? My dad owns a shop we've had our share of little shits who think they can steal stuff. Fuck off and like i said let him rant, god damn

FrnkPwrs
04-13-2005, 02:03 PM
The theives either have a master key, or they are getting peoples VIN #'s then getting a friend at a dealership to make them keys. A lot of honda's have been stolen, they weren't broken into, and weren't hot wired. I would start looking at all the apt complexes off of buford hwy. You have about 48 hrs to find it, and then they'll come back to get it after they make sure it doesn't have lojack.

Actually, anyone with $50 and a screw driver can start the car without the key. Go to pep boys. The sell new keys+ingnitions for only like $50. Open the door, unscrew the old one, screw in the new, and drive off with the key in hand. No messy paperwork, no requirement for a friend at the dealership.

Just letting the public know that cars are being taken in more ways then are posted on the internet.

FrnkPwrs
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh, with that being said, anyone could have stolen the car. If its in a college parking deck, it doesnt matter how many times campus security ride by. I installed a stereo in my ex-gfs car in the perimeter parking lot. I would look at people I know before I look at spray glo. Yea, its a possiblity, but not a very likely one.

I mean, if youve been at school and someone ask you about your car, its a good possiblity someone "heard" about a killswitch in your car. So even if someone had a key, its not hard to figure out what that switch on the dash, glovebox, armrest, wherever goes too if I flip it and nothing like the foglights, amps, neons, etc. turn on. Hell, if yo uactually use it, whatas there to say that a friend who seen you turn it on and off didnt take it?

On top of that, who wired the switch? I would choose that person over SprayGlo. And if you did it yourself, how hard is it for a car theif to pull it out and then bridge the connection since its off of the ignition.

And about getting a warrant for searching spray glo, naw, its not that easy. What if they didnt have shit to do with it? Say someone pulls up and sees the place covered in cop cars because of a search, and they lose massive amounts of business and they arent even guilty? Man, just call the insurance company, file a police report, and pray for the best. The most anyone can do

4dmin
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
sorry about your car, this is unfortunate but its one of the down falls of owning a honda

FURTHERMORE, POINTING FINGERS ARE A BUSINESS IS THE WRONG THING TO DO... YOU COULD END UP IN COURT OVER FALSE ACCUSATIONS OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS. IF YOU HAD WORK DONE AT THE ONE IN DULUTH WHICH I'M GUESS B/C THATS WHERE MOST PEOPLE GO, I KNOW THE OWNERS AND THE GUYS THAT WORK FOR THEM... THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE.

ANYONE W/ YOUR VIN COULD OF GOTTEN YOUR KEY, ANYONE W/ A DOOR JIMMY, AND ANYONE W/ KNOWLEDGE OF HONDAS/ALARMS. IT SUCKS DUDE BUT YOU DRIVE A CAR THAT IS SOLD ON THE BLACK MARKET LEFT/RIGHT. BUT WORD OF ADVISE ITS EITHER SOMEONE THAT KNOWS YOU OR ITS THE SAME GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN BOOSTING CARS HERE IN ATL FOR YEARS.

I SHOT A 500+HP BUILT TURBO CIVIC LAST YEAR THAT CAME RIGHT OUT OF THE SHOP ON SUNDAY & MONDAY THE CAR WAS GONE, STOLEN FROM A PARKING LOT (COLLEGE PARKING LOT I THINK). CAR WAS FOUND GUTTED FEW DAYS LATER.

GOOD LUCK :goodjob:

Macro
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
law suite on the school campus police, they should have aware of suspicious activity..

rickgiblin
04-13-2005, 06:14 PM
dam sorry to hear about your ride your like the 4th person that ive read about someone to get there car jacked. if i saw anyone trying to jack my car id be pissed as hell. just to know that that is you hard earned money that someone just took from you id be pissed.

collins
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
didnt he say, "i'm not trying to point fingers"? just curious, cause everybody seems to be jumpin his shit.

Scrappy
04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
everyone shut up and look for the car, thats all we can do, sprayglo did not have a damn thing to do wtih it, think how many people went to the shop while your car was there sitting... think about that, its not thier responsibility to hide your car... so its not the buisnesses fault

UnEEk4DR
04-14-2005, 12:31 AM
im not saying he is right to say it could have been sprayglo but i know how he feels. I had two black guys come to my house the day before my bike was stolen and talk to me about my bike while trying to sell papa johns coupons. THAT NIGHT my bike was stolen.......then later it was seen by my neighbor when the guy pulled up next to her at a stop light. The guy riding it was a black dude and she happened to see 4 black guys on the side of the road load it into truck and dip out......now it may not have been those two guys that came to my house that night but when you look at it EVERYTHING that happens around a situation seems to much of a coincidence, especially considering it was never messed with for the month it sat there until that day. Same thing with what happened to him and his car....I'm not saying its right or wrong to put a specific blame on anyone or any business on a message board but I would definitely let the investigating officer know all circumstances that happened before it was stolen as i did when my bike was jacked.......

DelxxxSol
04-14-2005, 02:24 AM
like i said im not pointing fingers...sprayglo does a really good job and they did a damn good job on my car...i would still refer anyone to go to the shop just for thier prices and good service. Its just the situation...theres a couple more things to the story but im just gonna let it go...as i type my car is prolly gettin ripped apart and trashed...not much i can do about it. As far as insurance i only have minimum coverage...so the next car i get is coming straight from my pocket. anybody who tries to start drama with this post just needs to get a life...i posted to get opinions and help and i was just stating my situation on what happened. For everyone whos still keepin that eye open i thank. I guess its gonna be another long while till i get to good point with a car again. Gotta start at the bottom. i will repeat for the last time I am NOT saying sprayglo did anything.

Brett
04-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Did you ever take the advice on page one and go down and look around the apartment complex's on Buford Highway? Because when Hondas where getting stolen hardcore for a few months last year thats where a bunch where found, sitting there waiting a few days to make sure they didnt have Lojack... If you didnt take that advice, you have already missed your chance thats for sure.

Dave
04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
i think the best thing to get out of this situation is that if you are going to invest money fixing your car, you should consider getting proper insurance coverages. you don't neceessarly need full coverage, but make sure you pick up liability + non insured motorist + Comprehensive coverage. all of those will cover you more than liability only for a price of no more than 20-25 a month but cheaper than full coverage. just my 2 cents.

DelxxxSol
04-15-2005, 10:05 AM
The car was found...cf hoood was stolen, the rims were stolen, but were replaced with the same or more amount of value as the rims were on the car...wierd huh? they stole my battery but left me a battery and they stole my intake along with subs, amplifier, and passenger racing seat. The front end has some damage prolly due to towing but the biggest deal about the car was that the report from the police was IT WAS NOT HOTWIRED!!! somebody made a copy of my key. The ignition system was not touched at all. Just lettin everyone know and thanx fer everyones help

Hulud
04-15-2005, 10:08 AM
copied the key huh?

B16a2 Civic
04-15-2005, 10:08 AM
glad you found you rcar....so they stole your rims, and gave you another set of rims?...so whats on the car now?

Hulud
04-15-2005, 10:10 AM
the rims they gave you were prolly stolen and they didnt like them anymore, haha

Dave
04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
copied the key huh?

you know the vin # is actually visible from the front windshield (as it is in your dash)... anyone who can copy the # and then get a key made could have done it. some insurance companies actually give you discounts if you cover the VIN # from the dash.

Scrappy
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
or do what i did :-D have a diff dash so if they make a key for that vin number they gotta go ask drew where they towed his car too... cause it wont work on mine :-D

5thgcelica
04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
well im glad you found the car. id cry if i lost mine.

UnEEk4DR
04-15-2005, 01:31 PM
yeah glad you found the car! the chances of my bike being found are about 20-30% i think they said.......its been like 3 weeks now so it is definitely gone....oh well this time get an alarm and full coverage like im doing for my next bike :)

civic95
04-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Just out of curiousity where was it found? Glad you got it back (atleast most of it)

FrnkPwrs
04-15-2005, 07:04 PM
.......then later it was seen by my neighbor when the guy pulled up next to her at a stop light. The guy riding it was a black dude and she happened to see 4 black guys on the side of the road load it into truck and dip out......now it may not have been those two guys that came to my house that night but when you look at it EVERYTHING that happens around a situation seems to much of a coincidence, especially considering it was never messed with for the month it sat there until that day.

Yea, thats why I cant stand black people. Always stealing some shit

DelxxxSol
04-16-2005, 12:56 AM
it was found in south dekalb in lithonia like 2 hours away. crazy ass stuff. ill post pics later.

Nismo
04-16-2005, 01:03 AM
they seemed pretty nice, they gave you some new rims and a new battery to replace your stolen one!!

DelxxxSol
04-16-2005, 02:17 AM
yea too bad though its only 3 rims and 1 steelie so i need one more...the battery was brand new but it didnt fit my car. Were tracing a transaction back on the battery to see who purchased it because it looks fairly new...maybe it will give us a lead or maybe its a stolen battery and it wont do jack fer me.

Nismo
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
i hope it was bought legit and they get caught because of a simple fuck up like that!

eViLMunkey
04-16-2005, 01:12 PM
sure security patrols that parking deck but they wouldn't think twice over someone w/ a backpack and writing your VIN down while in the deck.. then go a few days later to gank it..... security doesn't really do much at GA Perimeter...

Brett
04-16-2005, 01:18 PM
you know the vin # is actually visible from the front windshield (as it is in your dash)... anyone who can copy the # and then get a key made could have done it. some insurance companies actually give you discounts if you cover the VIN # from the dash.

Just one more reason I keep my vin number covered anytime I drive the civic, especially at shows, I keep that shit covered so no one can get the VIN and come back for it at a later time.

HiPSI
04-16-2005, 01:20 PM
you man, they gave you new rims?

your ride has oficially been PIMPED!

eViLMunkey
04-16-2005, 01:20 PM
my VIN is covered by a Atlanta Police Department Patch that was given to me by a Cop that my mom sold a House to...

Brett
04-16-2005, 01:21 PM
^^ People dont realize a simple thing like covering your VIN will give you ALOT of extra security