PDA

View Full Version : upsolute chip

drupason
01-18-2006, 06:43 PM
ok ran into a upsolute chip tuner guy today and he said hed hook me up....but im not really feeling it....reading a lot off of vwvortex theres some really good reviews on them and some really bad! so i dont know if i want to risk that. Anyone with firsthand experience with upsolute?

rollininstyle2004
01-18-2006, 08:10 PM
What was the name of the guy you ran into? It may be the same person i know.

Anyway i have APR, but i have heard nothing but good things about Upsolute as far as the Passats go :goodjob:

4dmin
01-18-2006, 09:06 PM
dude GIAC and if not APR, i wouldn't use anything else ;)

by the way i've heard some horror stories for that shit and if your going to spend the cash you might as well get something that one is just flashed and two had upgradability and options

drupason
01-18-2006, 11:14 PM
yea ive been plannin on gettin giac just curious of what yall have heard about upsolute cause i havent really heard much of em ....oh and the guy was randy hall and he was driving a passat

benwaballs
01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
ok ran into a upsolute chip tuner guy today and he said hed hook me up....but im not really feeling it....reading a lot off of vwvortex theres some really good reviews on them and some really bad! so i dont know if i want to risk that. Anyone with firsthand experience with upsolute?

weak. never used it but never meet anyone that liked it. so i would say stick w/ the big 3 giac, apr, revo :goodjob:

Decker1.8t
01-19-2006, 12:04 AM
umm... I use Upsolute and I love it. No CELs, not much surging, huge power gain ... all around goodness. I think the guy's name that did my GTI was Randy Hall. They come to your house and do it (or you go to their garage) ... it doesn't take long. I would suggest getting an aftermarket DV and maybe an N75j valve after chipping also .... but you probably already know this. Good Luck.:goodjob:

4dmin
01-19-2006, 08:02 AM
yea ive been plannin on gettin giac just curious of what yall have heard about upsolute cause i havent really heard much of em ....oh and the guy was randy hall and he was driving a passat

well they don't dyno as high, so its your call :goodjob:

Decker1.8t
01-19-2006, 09:40 AM
well they don't dyno as high, so its your call :goodjob:

On that topic, do you know you dyno's the highest (on a 1.8t with just and aftermarket DV) ?

I know this is THE age old question ... flame suit, ON :D

rollininstyle2004
01-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Yup, thats the same guy i was thinking of. :)

4dmin
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
On that topic, do you know you dyno's the highest (on a 1.8t with just and aftermarket DV) ?

I know this is THE age old question ... flame suit, ON :D

just DV and Chip = GIAC // APR

now i know GIAC flash won the Canadian chip wars Revo was 2nd and it was tuned on the dyno...

I have dyno'd with every chip make and GIAC // APR always come on top... just get GIAC local, worry free, tons of options/tuning in car ;)

^ * i only put apr in the thread b/c me and Greg always fight over it :D :lmfao:

Decker1.8t
01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
hmm... if that's the case, maybe I should save some money and look into giac or apr ... I'm content w/ my upsolute ... but that's probably b/c I've never tried anything else out. haha. I'll stick with it for now, until I get a bonus from work or something.

DeutscheBAG!
01-19-2006, 06:02 PM
i'd probably rock Upsolute if i had a TDI

Tracy
01-19-2006, 06:03 PM
we will be doing unichip after next weekend.

rollininstyle2004
01-19-2006, 06:19 PM
i only put apr in the thread b/c me and Greg always fight over it :D :lmfao:
You and Greg argue...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? :)

I have to represent APR too, but in all honesty you cant go wrong with either. I was dead set on APR when i got mine done, but if i had to go it again i may give GIAC more of a chance...Paul you are rubbing off on me :rolleyes: :)

drupason
01-19-2006, 07:50 PM
umm... I use Upsolute and I love it. No CELs, not much surging, huge power gain ... all around goodness. I think the guy's name that did my GTI was Randy Hall. They come to your house and do it (or you go to their garage) ... it doesn't take long. I would suggest getting an aftermarket DV and maybe an N75j valve after chipping also .... but you probably already know this. Good Luck.:goodjob:
Have you dynoed with upsolute???

Julio
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Im doing GIAC y0 !

Decker1.8t
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Have you dynoed with upsolute???

nah. I've never dynoed b4. I'm too much of a noob. one day though ... one day ...