PDA

View Full Version : b16 problem

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
04-12-2005, 04:53 PM
:rant: ive got a b16 in a 91 hatch had the wiring harness made from a freind well anyway all at once my car strarts running funny was coming home from work one day and the car started sputtering and cut off finally got it started back up and anytime you rev it up it starts to sputter and the CEL comes on but no code is stored if you turn the key all the way on the fuel pump keeps running and the main relay just buzzes someone said its a bad ground somewhere someelse said bad amin relay swap has been done over a year now and this is the first time ive ahd problems anyone with answers

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2005, 04:59 PM
i have almost the same problem but its not as severe.....it just sputters....i would check the wiring to make sure it hasn't gone bad and that its still grounded properly....i had to replace my ocv valve, probably hav eto get new spark plugs and i would check yoru injectors....i was told to check out my distributor....i have a thread called " possible b16a2 problems" i got alot of good advice in there...check it out http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=3891

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
read your thread put a bran new dist. on it still does it thing that gets me is that it idles fine and sometimes if u keep driving it it stops sputtering for a sec or 2 but not long

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
04-13-2005, 10:18 AM
come on now out of everybody on here someone has had to have this happen to them before i need this fixed asap i am even willing to pay someone to fix it for me dont matter to me someone just let me know something :wtf:

civic95
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
What do you mean the CEL comes on, but no code is stored? Have you jumpered the service connector, and then checked the code? Would you even have a service connector to jump with in a 91?

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
04-13-2005, 04:36 PM
when the car starts to sputter the cel comes on and when and if the car stops sputtering the light goes ouit does not store a code in the ecu and also the light on the ecu does not blink i think it may be a problem with the wiring any help will be greatfull

green91
04-13-2005, 04:54 PM
What do you mean the CEL comes on, but no code is stored? Have you jumpered the service connector, and then checked the code? Would you even have a service connector to jump with in a 91?

no service connector to jump on obd0... unless he has converted to obd1. do whatever causes the CEL and read the codes on the ecu then.... id be willing to bet its your CPS wiring also.

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
when the car starts to sputter the cel comes on and when and if the car stops sputtering the light goes ouit does not store a code in the ecu and also the light on the ecu does not blink i think it may be a problem with the wiring any help will be greatfull

the cel does not store a code in the ecu there is NO code to read or get from the ecu when the car starts to sputter the cel comes on when it stops sputtering it goes off

green91
04-13-2005, 10:15 PM
if the CEL comes on, you can pull off the ECU cover and the ecu will continue to blink the code until they key is turned off.

WHEELSDIRECTRACER
04-14-2005, 08:25 AM
the cel does not store a code in the ecu there is NO code to read or get from the ecu when the car starts to sputter the cel comes on when it stops sputtering it goes off
ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE THE LIGHT ON THE ECU DOES NOT BLINK IT DOES NOT EVEN COME ON YOU CAN LEAVE THE CAR RUNNING HIT THE GAS WHEN IT STARTS TO SPUTTER AND CEL COMES ON YOU CAN LOOK AT THE ECU AND SEE THE LIGHT DOES NOT BLINK :rant:

civic95
04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a bad TPS or O2 sensor problem, or the wiring for them. Although if it was the wiring I would imagine it to be more constant. When does the sputtering start? 5 mins after driving? 20 Mins? After it starts sputtering, does it ever go away or does it continue to do it till you turn the car off?

green91
04-14-2005, 11:30 AM
ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE THE LIGHT ON THE ECU DOES NOT BLINK IT DOES NOT EVEN COME ON YOU CAN LEAVE THE CAR RUNNING HIT THE GAS WHEN IT STARTS TO SPUTTER AND CEL COMES ON YOU CAN LOOK AT THE ECU AND SEE THE LIGHT DOES NOT BLINK :rant:

there is a problem with your ECU then. ive got alot of experience with obd0 hondas! im still willing to bet your cylinder position sensor is wired wrong

bluuuurr
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
are you using a chipped ECU? I had the same problem and when I opened my computer, the chip wasn't pushed all the way in. After that I never had a problem again