PDA

View Full Version : Misc Best cardio

Sibious
01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
what is the best cardio workout for u to lose weight, and keep in good health. Ruining, tredmill, or bike. and any other you all have thanx.

tony
01-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Swimming by far.. helps healing too

Want a REAL workout? From what I hear Motocross is one of the most physically demanding sports you can do.. other than that boxing is real good and basketball too.

GirlieZ
01-16-2006, 04:08 PM
running it burns more calories then most, be careful with ur joints

soxfan30
01-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Treadmill is good, but it can fuck your knees up pretty bad. Stairmaster is good too for burning calories if you go at a nice steady pace.

ironchef
01-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Swimming by far.. helps healing too

Want a REAL workout? From what I hear Motocross is one of the most physically demanding sports you can do.. other than that boxing is real good and basketball too.Is swimming really better? I like swimming, but i find treadmills and etc to be boring as hell.

ruah_23
01-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Treadmill is good, but it can fuck your knees up pretty bad. Stairmaster is good too for burning calories if you go at a nice steady pace.

Sorry but I don't see how treadmill can fuck up the knees. I've been doing treadmill for 50 mins everyday 5 days a wk, and I never had a problem with my knee. If u want a good cardio, I would say running is the best. Get ur HR abt >170 and u will loose tons of weight. Just make sure u are hydrated.

If u want something fun, I would say soccer(ask the IA guys who are there for the game how tiring it is), and boxing.

Gd luck...and if u want maximum results work out as soon as u get out of the bed in the morning.:)

ruah_23
01-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Is swimming really better? .

Swimmig is good but it depands on how many laps u swim and how fast.If u just doing a slow breaststroke, it won't have good at all...it's just like walking in the treadmill.....

tony
01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
I know magazines are not the gospel but according to Mens Health 30 minutes in the pool doing a slow freestyle burns somewhere around 287 calories, it'd take hours to burn close to that much walking on the treadmill.

The pool is great because of resistance and you are getting a full workout, not just a specific body part. One of my good friends is a swimmer and she doesnt have to stick to a strict diet cause she burns so much when she swims.

JustinSane110™
01-17-2006, 01:29 AM
The pool is great because of resistance and you are getting a full workout, not just a specific body part. One of my good friends is a swimmer and she doesnt have to stick to a strict diet cause she burns so much when she swims.
Metabolism could play a part in that too. I have hardly ever done cardio until recently (past few months) and I've never been over 9% bf in the past 6 years. But I believe my metabloism belongs in Ripley's or some shit, LIRL!!"

Sibious
01-17-2006, 10:51 AM
ya i heard swiming is. but i have bad knees from skaterboarding and snowboarding so somtimes but joints are bad. but im trying to get fit, and eat better. thanks everyoen for info

Jimmy B
01-17-2006, 10:51 AM
a VERY good workout, and is very easy on joints, skating,.. go get a pair of inline skates, and skate.. (if you can) .. burnes ALOT of calories, and is no stress on joints at all..

tony
01-17-2006, 11:04 AM
ya i heard swiming is. but i have bad knees from skaterboarding and snowboarding so somtimes but joints are bad. but im trying to get fit, and eat better. thanks everyoen for info

swimming is also great for healing muscles from injuries or accidents, that is why you see a lot of people who go through rehabilitation in the pool.

KMDX
01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
if you have access to a gym or equipment the elipitical (sp) or the cross ramp works well...I usually burn 350-400 calories in 30 minutes per the machine with weight being entered into the machine.

Darling Nikki
02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I run for 30-40 mins and then bicycle for 15 and then do 3 sets of 15 crunches, and then last do 2 sets of 10 curls. I have lost 11 lbs in a week. Also I eat plain oatmeal for breakfast with a protein shake, for lunch grilled chicken and a small salad with no cheese or dressing and for dinner I have grilled chicken with steamed vegetables. I am also on some meds to help me with losing the weight.

MongolPup
02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
^ holy shit eleven pounds?

Tracy
02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
skipping rope burns 3X's more fat than running.

KMDX
02-13-2006, 11:00 AM

LMAO!

Darling Nikki
02-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Tracy I have no rope. will you lend me some lol?

Darling Nikki
02-13-2006, 02:23 PM
^ holy shit eleven pounds?

yes 11 pounds. I went shopping yesterday and bought an x-small shirt for the first time in awhile.

JustinSane110™
02-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Tracy I have no rope. will you lend me some lol?
Just go ghetto style and get a extention cord. :goodjob:

Darling Nikki
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
^BAHAHAHAH....its cool I got my way of working out. Its doing pretty well so far.

blurred visions
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
The most practical is of course running. If your serious then GET SERIOUS. Get good running shoes and invest in some type of mp3 player. Put songs on it that will keep you going, I listen to trance which helps me run further. The treadmill is great because you can see and control how much you do. Watch how things progress on the treadmill and you will be amazed. Make sure to drink pleanty of water during the day and try not to drink too much right before the run.

Z32redondo
02-20-2006, 11:02 PM

True.....Being a high school wrestler I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks....The thing is to just eat alot of low calory foods (soup, cerial ETC) try and get 3 meals with no more than 300 calories each and jump rope, run, and basic sit-ups, push-ups should do the trick. When I say run it is a couple miles a day even if u cant run the whole thing take it slow run at ur own pace but do a couple miles a day we did 3. Jump rope for 9 minutes straight or in intervals of 3 minutes with a small break in between each. And the basics are just...BASIC. No cokes or anything carbonated it brings down the oxygen level in ur blood making u more tired easier when u run...If u need anymore "tips" ask.