PDA

View Full Version : FS:parting out 95 GSR 4 door

gsrchicky82
04-12-2005, 09:54 AM
I bought this car and was told it was a clean title, modified it, and did basically everything you see the pics..went to get it registered and found out it was a salvage title. With all the modifications, it will NEVER pass inspection so now i'm parting it out and buying another 4 door...BASically EVERYTHING on the car is for sale from inside out...the only thing i am NOT selling is

-FRONT END
-EVERYTHING INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY
-SUSPENSION & WHEELS

anything else you need list and make offer...THANKS!

Sandy
770-913-8376

INTERIOR IS TAN AND PRETTY MUCH STOCk

VIN # JH4DB8584RS001418

RutRoe
04-12-2005, 10:23 AM
HEy Sandy,

Have you tried having it inspected? They say not to have stuff painted I think, but maybe you could figure something out...

I sold a jdm front end to someone a few years ago that they had put on their salvaged gsr and got everything to pass...

As long as the structural integrity is intact and the airbags and stuff liek that are good, I would think you'd be ok.

Here's my thought.... if the paint is the issues, which looks awesome, maybe you could just sand everything, and I mean everything.. have it inspected and then have the car repainted.

I knwo that would be a pain in the ass but it might be easier than having to find another shell and go from there.

Who knows.

Good luck with it.

gsrchicky82
04-12-2005, 10:37 AM
HEy Sandy,

Have you tried having it inspected? They say not to have stuff painted I think, but maybe you could figure something out...

I sold a jdm front end to someone a few years ago that they had put on their salvaged gsr and got everything to pass...

As long as the structural integrity is intact and the airbags and stuff liek that are good, I would think you'd be ok.

Here's my thought.... if the paint is the issues, which looks awesome, maybe you could just sand everything, and I mean everything.. have it inspected and then have the car repainted.

I knwo that would be a pain in the ass but it might be easier than having to find another shell and go from there.

Who knows.

Good luck with it.

No, i haven't gotten it inspected and i've done A LOT of research on this and i found out that all the damage has to be fixed (which it is) and you are right about the not getting painted part. Another thing is the JDM front has no bumper support which is why that front didn't make it to the US so thats why i am thinking it won't pass...another thing is the motor is not stock and it will never pass with that intercooler. Well, im not positive but thats what i am guessing. I don't want to pay for inspection unless i know its going to pass considering i spent thousands and thousands of dollars into the car. This car has emptied my pockets BIG TIME, put a lot of stress on me , and has given me nothing but props and headaches..hehehe..(the props is good, headache is bad)

If i know the car will pass..i would do what you said and just sand the car down because i was going to get it repainted anyways..

oh yea and also..you have to have a rebuilders license to rebuild the car and that's another thing we don't have :(

I will probably look a little more and see what i can do but thanks alot for your advice..its making me think on the brighter side...hopefully it all works out good.....THANKS!

Brandon C
04-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Call Southern Customs in Eli Jay they Had a very Simmilar problem w/ and S2000

Niq please
04-12-2005, 10:55 AM
wow nice car!

-Nomi

A.P. Photography
04-12-2005, 11:19 AM
No, i haven't gotten it inspected and i've done A LOT of research on this and i found out that all the damage has to be fixed (which it is) and you are right about the not getting painted part. Another thing is the JDM front has no bumper support which is why that front didn't make it to the US so thats why i am thinking it won't pass...another thing is the motor is not stock and it will never pass with that intercooler. Well, im not positive but thats what i am guessing. I don't want to pay for inspection unless i know its going to pass considering i spent thousands and thousands of dollars into the car. This car has emptied my pockets BIG TIME, put a lot of stress on me , and has given me nothing but props and headaches..hehehe..(the props is good, headache is bad)

If i know the car will pass..i would do what you said and just sand the car down because i was going to get it repainted anyways..

oh yea and also..you have to have a rebuilders license to rebuild the car and that's another thing we don't have :(

I will probably look a little more and see what i can do but thanks alot for your advice..its making me think on the brighter side...hopefully it all works out good.....THANKS!
Sandy,
Call down to Adams Autosport in Forest Park and talk to Adam. He rebuilt a totaled out GSR with a compelete JDM ITR front end and had it inspected and was retitled a used car. He is awesome and knows what he is doing.

RutRoe
04-12-2005, 11:27 AM
YEah... I'm thinking you're not as bad off as you had thought.. sure you may need to give someone a little cash to help you pass it, but if that's it, then you'll be good to go.

Just sand it down and go for it. If you guys repaired the car right the first time, then people who might buy it in the future shouldn't have any big quams about the mods.

And you could just take off the turbo kit for a day :)

Give adam's auto a call and turn the charm on :)

Good luck

LightningSpeed
04-12-2005, 12:24 PM
does the rear lip fit 98 and up bumperz?

Soloboy
04-12-2005, 01:16 PM
How much you Asking for the ITR 5lug sandy.. I might know someone interested...!

mp5o
04-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Damn that sucks :(

<--- Mike w/ silver hatch

A.P. Photography
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
How much you Asking for the ITR 5lug sandy.. I might know someone interested...!...

...the only thing i am NOT selling is

-FRONT END
-EVERYTHING INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY
-SUSPENSION & WHEELS

gsrchicky82
04-12-2005, 03:21 PM
hahah..thanks alot for the editing...i've been getting some calls for the motor setup which i didn't want to sell...

sorry for the confusion...

yea but sorry aron i didn't want to sell the suspension...sorry to everyone else who misunderstood....

A.P. Photography
04-12-2005, 03:23 PM
your welcome :goodjob: Don't forget to call down to Adam at Adam's Autosport in Forest Park and talk to him about this. Like I said he rebuilt a GSR with complete JDM ITR front end and it was retitled as a used car.

gsrchicky82
04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
your welcome :goodjob: Don't forget to call down to Adam at Adam's Autosport in Forest Park and talk to him about this. Like I said he rebuilt a GSR with complete JDM ITR front end and it was retitled as a used car.

yea i will..would you happen to have the number? if not its cool i will try to find their website or something....THANKS a bunch!

A.P. Photography
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
yea i will..would you happen to have the number? if not its cool i will try to find their website or something....THANKS a bunch!
Adam's Autosport Inc
4692 Jonesboro Road, Forest Park, GA 30297
(404) 608-8588

Brandon C
04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
ga tEG aka JOHNY ON THE SPOT

gsrchicky82
04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
does the rear lip fit 98 and up bumperz?

no im sorry it won't

gsrchicky82
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Adam's Autosport Inc
4692 Jonesboro Road, Forest Park, GA 30297
(404) 608-8588

Thanks! your such a big help..i called no one answered..i'll try back tomorrow...

RutRoe
04-12-2005, 04:06 PM
ga tEG aka JOHNY ON THE SPOT

That's cause he's part of the BooB CreW ...

That's what we do :)

DexterThEG
04-12-2005, 04:45 PM
how much u want for the doors?

A.P. Photography
04-12-2005, 04:49 PM
That's cause he's part of the BooB CreW ...

That's what we do :)
Dats right

brittoknee
04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
damn... seems like a waste... so if you are parting out.. what exactly are you parting??? was wondering if you were gonna get rid of the ecu.....

good luck with it tho

BTEC
04-13-2005, 07:38 AM
i say do more reserach b4 parting it out (sorry to those who want parts off it). car is defni hot, id love to see on the streets. get back to the ppl list in this thread that might be able to help u 1st. Hate to see the car go like that.

A.P. Photography
04-13-2005, 07:40 AM
damn... seems like a waste... so if you are parting out.. what exactly are you parting??? was wondering if you were gonna get rid of the ecu.....

good luck with it tho
It would stand to reason if she is keeping the engine she would keep the ECU

gsrchicky82
04-13-2005, 09:18 AM
sOrry everyone..but i am no longer parting out the car...If it dosen't go through i will post this up again..

THanks for everyone who gave me great advice...I am going to do what i can and at least if i fail..i know that i tried..

Thanks everyone and sorry !

00CIVICSI
04-13-2005, 09:31 AM
wow that suck! why didnt you look at the title when you bought it!

gsrchicky82
04-13-2005, 09:36 AM

good luck with it tho

sorry i am keeping the hondata...i need it since i am still keeping the motor...

gsrchicky82
04-13-2005, 09:38 AM
wow that suck! why didnt you look at the title when you bought it!

Of course i looked at the title..it didn't say anything on it...once i brought it to get registered the lady was like its a salvage title and i asked her how come it didn't say so...i guess all title numbers that have a "4" on it means that it's salvaged so for future reference if you guys ever buy a car with the title number starting in 4 ..do not buy it...

she later typed salvage on it so now it does say salvaged

blacknightteg
04-13-2005, 09:45 AM
damnit sandy why you gotta sell that thing, that thing is bad ass....i saw that shit runnin when me n justin came up there to buy his springs.....im lovin that car....wish i had the money n i would buy some of your stuff to put on my gay RS

A.P. Photography
04-13-2005, 09:50 AM
she is not selling it anymore. :goodjob: