PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Parkway Wreck - RIP -

GsrTurbo320
01-15-2006, 11:29 PM
4 teenagers just died on barrett parkway tonight not even half n hr ago, i just got few calls from people sayin that but no word on who and what happen..

RIP

EX-Svic
01-15-2006, 11:32 PM
damn that sucks, always young lifes taken away.........

green91
01-15-2006, 11:34 PM
im sorry to hear that. barrett isnt a place to go and play around. i avoid it like the plague. its always sad to hear of more young people getting killed

5thgcelica
01-15-2006, 11:35 PM
well if they were street racing..... i feel sorry for thier parents...

but if it was just some random crash, then that really sucks.

Crazy Asian
01-15-2006, 11:35 PM
^^^ same.

HyPer50
01-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Hmm.. any word on how/what happened? I'm sure the cops are going to be much worse next week... hopefully it wasn't a street racing incident.

SLOWR/T
01-15-2006, 11:40 PM
yeah i was thinking the same thing. if they were racing barrett is pretty much done with. cops will be so tight it wont be funny! its crazy how many people wnat to race on barrett with the amount of cops and all.

RUSH
01-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Well you know the cops are gonna say it was street racing, I dont know what happen, but besides a semi hitting you, how else can you wreck and lose 4 lifes...on Barrett??

Why avoid Barrett?? Use Barrett for what its there for, not crusing around all the time, like what I see all the time! There is nothing wrong with going there and enjoying it like what it is meant for!

anyway, I feel for there parents!

4DRGSR
01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
man that sucks same thing happens here all the time on riverwatch pkwy in augusta.....that is a real shame......i feel for the families off the lost...and my prayers are with you

Sibious
01-15-2006, 11:52 PM
well if they were street racing..... i feel sorry for thier parents...

but if it was just some random crash, then that really sucks.
ya same here. they shouldnt put them self ast risk if there not a good driver or experience, but if not racin that is horrible and prayers go out there gamilys

HyPer50
01-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Well you know the cops are gonna say it was street racing, I dont know what happen, but besides a semi hitting you, how else can you wreck and lose 4 lifes...on Barrett??

Thats really what I was thinking too... I mean, short of going 80+ into the bridge or something, I dont see how you are going to kill 4 riders on barrett.

RISKYB
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
lets hope it wasnt racing and rip to the innocent

RUSH
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Thats really what I was thinking too... I mean, short of going 80+ into the bridge or something, I dont see how you are going to kill 4 riders on barrett.

Yeah I mean I feel for them and the families, but I want to hear the story!

GsrTurbo320
01-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah I mean I feel for them and the families, but I want to hear the story!

I'll get it for you guys, as soon as I hear about what happened..& I don't want to post up any wrong Info.

A.P. Photography
01-16-2006, 07:32 AM
MARIETTA -- Police are blaming speed for a wreck that left two teens dead and four other motorists hospitalized today.

Fifteen-year old Stan White and 19-year old Brett Marsh were killed when the BMW they were riding in slammed into Volkswagen Jetta on Barrett Parkway at Stilesboro Road in Cobb County Sunday night. Two other teens in the BMW were injured.

There were two people in the Jetta; one of them was injured and is being treated at Kennestone Memorial Hospital. A second person in the Jetta escaped injury.

The driver of the BMW, 18-year old Justin Hotchkiss is in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital. The fourth occupant of the BMW, 18-year old Martin McCoy is in stable condition in a Cobb hospital.

Investigators tell Channel 2 Action News that Hotchkiss lost control of the BMW and crossed the median, slamming into the Jetta at a high rate of speed.

Brett
01-16-2006, 07:45 AM
You play you pay.

The Ren
01-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Wow.. I feel for the parents more than anything.. Hence the reason Ren doesnt street race... PERIOD..

RISKYB
01-16-2006, 09:19 AM
that sucks, the cops are gonna be hot now

DrivenMind
01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm trying to find out if these are kids I know or not...

edit: I doubt cops will be a ton more strict, Stilesboro road is way, way the hell down Barrett, where most of the "car people" who come to Barrett never go.

DrivenMind
01-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Deadly Cobb Wreck Kills 2 Teens
Web Editor:*Sean Rowe
Reported By:*Paul Crawley

Last Modified: 1/16/2006 9:41:53 AM

A deadly overnight car wreck along Barrett Parkway, near Stilesboro Road, in Cobb County killed two teenagers and left two others hospitalized.

One of the two injured teens – Martin McCoy – was listed in critical condition at WellStar Kennestone Hospital Monday morning, 11Alive’s Paul Crawley reported. The teenager who drove the car in question – 19-year-old Justin Hotchkiss – was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital and initially listed in critical condition.

His condition was downgraded to stable condition by early Monday, authorities said.

The four teens were in a black 2004 Mercedes BMW traveling southbound on Barrett Parkway about 10:15 p.m. Sunday when the wreck occurred, Cobb police said. The BMW strayed across the road’s center median, colliding head-on with a 2003 VW Jetta in the oncoming lane.

Two BMW passengers – Stan White, 15, and 19-year-old Brent Marsh – were declared dead at the crash site, police said.

The driver of the Jetta – 20-year-old Tracey Chapman – was taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital to be treated for injuries, police said.

Cobb police Officer Wayne Delk said, “The two passengers in the Volkswagen were not seriously injured. The driver, Tracey Chapman, a 20-year-old from Marietta, was transported to Kennestone [Hospital], but again, no serious injuries.

“He passenger was up and walking at the scene, but was not transported. He was treated at the scene and released from the scene,” he said.

Hotchkiss could face serious charges regarding the accident, police said. While they said they didn’t think alcohol played a role in the deadly collision, speed may be a contributing factor.

tattoodlude
01-16-2006, 09:49 AM
that is why you should keep that shit at Commerce the streets are no place for racing I have kids in my car and my wifes car all the time. My wife and I try our best not to drive at night for the simple reasons of that. If anyone hit my wife or I(when they were trying race or doing something stupid) with my children in the car I know for a fact that I would go to jail that night.

redlinenprelude
01-16-2006, 10:02 AM
retards..it was probably dads car..

and wtf is a " black 2004 Mercedes BMW " ?????

quickdodge®
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
This belongs in the "KILLS" section...heheh. At least the idiots were the ones that died and not any innocent people. Later, QD.

DrivenMind
01-16-2006, 10:20 AM
jesus QD. I understand you don't like people racing on public roads, but these are young, stupid, impressionable teenagers we're talking about. I'm not saying what they did was right, but I wouldn't be happy about some young kids dying because they were to immature to drive. I'd much rather see them go to jail and loose their license, than loose their life altogether.

Ruiner
01-16-2006, 10:26 AM
jesus QD. I understand you don't like people racing on public roads, but these are young, stupid, impressionable teenagers we're talking about. I'm not saying what they did was right, but I wouldn't be happy about some young kids dying because they were to immature to drive. I'd much rather see them go to jail and loose their license, than loose their life altogether.

I think that you are missing the point: These kids could have EASILY killed someone else with their stupidity for driving so fast. It's a harsh lesson, but it's better that they died rather than killing some innocent family that was on their way home. If someone has to die, then he would rather it be the kids that were being stupid and not some innocent family. Make sense? I think that is what he is saying.

collins
01-16-2006, 10:30 AM
tis tru. qdizzle has no tolerance fo that shit. he's just mad his neon wont go over 65

Hulud
01-16-2006, 10:35 AM
im with redlinenprelude

wtf is a 2004 Mercedes BMW?

Hulud
01-16-2006, 10:38 AM
those kids were dumb and the world is a safer place w/o them
:2cents:

im sorry but if i were driving the jetta i would be glad that the driver is either dead or in critical condition. seriously kids driving a car tehy shouldnt be, its the parents fault as well.
i mean to an extent i fell sorry for the parents, but not too sorry. they bought their kid a 2004 mercedes or bmw and what the fuck do you expect from spoiled kids?

HyPer50
01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
that is why you should keep that shit at Commerce the streets are no place for racing I have kids in my car and my wifes car all the time. My wife and I try our best not to drive at night for the simple reasons of that. If anyone hit my wife or I(when they were trying race or doing something stupid) with my children in the car I know for a fact that I would go to jail that night.

They are going to have even more problems now since they closed down the only really local track to Barrett.. They need to open up a nice 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile track on the NW side of Atlanta, then more people would probably take it off the streets and to the track. Not everyone likes Commerce or feels like making a 2 hour drive to one of the other tracks.

Dr.G
01-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Everyone keeps stressing 'kids' plural, when none of us really know exactly the details of what actually transpired. The fact that the "driver" is ultimately responsible it's a shame that two of the passengers were the ones that were actually killed. Fuc'd up situation all together when lives are lost- regardless..

GsrTurbo320
01-16-2006, 12:11 PM
...damn that sucks, must be really horrible for everyone involved in the accident & for the families.. (Damn speeding..why speed on barrett connector) Thanks for posting up the Info. estis fatuus & GA_Teg.

dartingd
01-16-2006, 01:19 PM
regardless of how stupid they were, it's always horrible to lose lives...i'm w/ estis on this def...

Darling Nikki
01-16-2006, 01:54 PM
I think that you are missing the point: These kids could have EASILY killed someone else with their stupidity for driving so fast. It's a harsh lesson, but it's better that they died rather than killing some innocent family that was on their way home. If someone has to die, then he would rather it be the kids that were being stupid and not some innocent family. Make sense? I think that is what he is saying.

Amen...

{X}Echo419
01-16-2006, 02:03 PM
This belongs in the "KILLS" section...heheh. At least the idiots were the ones that died and not any innocent people. Later, QD.

now we don't hav eto worry about them reproducing and adding more stupid people to the world. :2cents:

^damn that was wrong^ :doh:

The Ren
01-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Exactly.. Not that I wish death on anyone but if someone had to die.. thank god it wasnt innocent bi-standards...

tony
01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Did I miss something or did it say anything about racing anywhere? And the passengers died not the driver who is 19 years old. If I read correctly the car drifted into oncoming traffic.. there are too many variables to conclude that "stupidity" is the cause of the accident.

The article says speed may have contributed but hell we already know the media does not always report the absolute truth. Inexperience in certain situations, fatigue, nobody knows what caused the accident so I dont understand saying anyone deserved to die in this accident. Just because teenagers are involved and the accident occurred on Barrett does not mean street racing is the cause. RIP to the passengers and my condolences to the family.

PhatbacK
01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Did I miss something or did it say anything about racing anywhere? And the passengers died not the driver who is 19 years old. If I read correctly the car drifted into oncoming traffic.. there are too many variables to conclude that "stupidity" is the cause of the accident.

The article says speed may have contributed but hell we already know the media does not always report the absolute truth. Inexperience in certain situations, fatigue, nobody knows what caused the accident so I dont understand saying anyone deserved to die in this accident. Just because teenagers are involved and the accident occurred on Barrett does not mean street racing is the cause. RIP to the passengers and my condolences to the family.

i agree. never said anything bout street racing or any of that. kids may have just been goin a lil too fast and lost control. regardless......its still sad to hear 2 kids lost their lifes. no one deserves that.

and i live on barrett and i havent heard anything about this. weird.

thinkfast®
01-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Exactly.. Not that I wish death on anyone but if someone had to die.. thank god it wasnt innocent bi-standards...

LIRL :lmfao:

Thanks Ren I needed that :D

redlinenprelude
01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
mann i saw some pics of it on the news..pretty bad..

ooh, and it was a black BMW M3..

EmminoDaGreat
01-16-2006, 06:58 PM
The four teens were in a black 2004 Mercedes BMW < anything wierd there?

These kids went to hiram high school... i have seen them b4, they werent racing and i know exactly where they wrecked.... my :2cents: is that where they wrecked there is a pretty bad hump in the road... that at a high speed would make the ass end of a rwd car slide out from under you w/ an inexperienced driver... i know that if i hit it in my car it slams it around a bit.. just my :2cents:

HyPer50
01-16-2006, 07:32 PM
LIRL :lmfao:

Thanks Ren I needed that :D

Ya, she's got a way with words sometimes.

Anyways... I think yall are bein' pretty fucked up about this, sayin' it's good that they died and all... I'd say atleast 95% of the people on here go over the speedlimit, and that should could happen to anyone, speeding or not.

I was going 65mph on I-75 (65mph zone) when I rolled my mustang just by trying to avoid some debris in the middle of the road... Yall don't know all the circumstances of what happened, nor do I, but it's kinda fucked up to say it's good there dead... They are just some reckless kids (at most)... not Adolf Hitler. Also, it was the passangers that died, not the person in control.

redlinenprelude
01-16-2006, 08:41 PM
"witnesses say it was a race.."

Seymour222
01-16-2006, 09:30 PM
This is really wierd. One of the guys I bowl with was upset and did not bowl tonite because he told me his bestfriend was killed on Barrett the other nite. He proceeded to tell me that "he" (the driver of the 745) was trying to get over and someone would not let him, so he sped up, got over, the car he was trying to get in front of sped up as well. The front of the other car clipped the back of the 745, and then, well I guess you know the rest. Stupidity, maybe not, ignorance maybe so. Dunno. Oh well thats tha way it goes sometimes. Thoughts go out to their families.

GsrTurbo320
01-16-2006, 09:32 PM
^^^ Road Rage Maybe? Or the fucking jackass in the car that didnt let him get over in the other lane.

SLOWR/T
01-16-2006, 10:29 PM
ooh, and it was a black BMW M3.

He proceeded to tell me that "he" (the driver of the 745) was trying to get over and someone would not let him

alright theres a big difference in these 2 cars which is it.

SLOWR/T
01-16-2006, 10:35 PM
im right there with hyper50 on this i couldnt believe what i was reading. i must be seeing something else. cause nowhere in those posts did i see that they were racing and yet everyones happy that no one inoccent died?? i believe the drivers still alive as of now so hes the only one that can decide to race. that means everyone else in the car or not is inoccent.

IndianStig
01-16-2006, 10:41 PM
wasnt it a bit wet out last nite?

or was that two nites ago?

HalfBaked
01-16-2006, 10:42 PM
I just wanna get this straight...QD, if your 21 year old daughter drove over the speed limit, lost control and was killed while wrecking into another car you'd be like "better her, than them?"

I doubt it.

No where did it say they did anything but speed...

fawk_you
01-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Does anyone know who Brent marsh is? That name sounds so familiar?

RandomGuy
01-16-2006, 11:52 PM
thats the dude that was all over the news for the whole funeral home conspiracy shit... he was double digging plots and shit, scamming people.

fawk_you
01-17-2006, 12:12 AM
No hasan... serious question yet again.

Sibious
01-17-2006, 12:18 AM
um dunno sr, but it does have a lil ring to it like i heard it. but i think its the brent part. sry lea

RandomGuy
01-17-2006, 12:29 AM
No hasan... serious question yet again.
http://www.bettybowers.com/newsdead.html

im serious too... thats where you heard the name it was ALL over the news...

does "Tri-state crematorium" ring a bell

:eye:

JoeCoolinATL
01-17-2006, 12:57 AM

sounds realllllly familiar to me. and i know it has nothing to do with the tristate thing.

fawk_you
01-17-2006, 01:11 AM
sounds realllllly familiar to me. and i know it has nothing to do with the tristate thing.

Word... I gotta find out- this is really bothering me. :(

4DRGSR
01-17-2006, 01:33 AM
THIS JUST HAPPENED HERE LOCALLY LAST NIGHT/DAMN KIDS SHOULD NOT DRIVE AT THAT AGE.....BUT WHO IS TO BLAME THE PARENTS OR THE KIDS...MAN THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST TWO YEARS.....MY GOOD FRIEND WILL MARSHALL JR. WAS KILLED NOT EVEN A 1/4 OF A MILE FROM MY FIANCE'S HOUSE BACK IN FEB. OF 2005.....HE HAD JUST TURNED 21...AND SOME ASSHOLE HIT HIM ON HIS MOTORCYCLE FROM DRIVING TOO FAST ON A DANGEROUS CURVE.......THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.....

2 teens killed in accident
15-year-old N. Augusta pupil was driving friend
By Sandi Martin | South Carolina Bureau
Monday, January 16, 2006 AIKEN - Robby Kasten was just 6 years old when he announced that he wanted to learn the violin.

He just picked it right up, said Roy Kasten, Robby's father.

It was one of several instruments the North Augusta High School sophomore learned to play.

Robby played the viola, trumpet and electric guitar, too, Mr. Kasten said, and he performed with Augusta's Suzuki Strings, Augusta State University's jazz band and his own rock group.

"He was just a wonderfully talented boy," Mr. Kasten said.

On Sunday, two weeks shy of his 16th birthday, Robert "Robby" Edward Kasten died in a single-car wreck in Edgefield County.

Also killed was his friend Robert James "Bobby" Kotz, 18, who was a passenger in the car.

Robby, who was driving, lost control of his 1995 Chevy Camaro at about 6:45 p.m. and slammed into two trees on Big Oak Drive, about 16 miles south of Edgefield, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.

Both died at the scene.

Robby had a learner's permit, Lance Cpl. Steve Sluder said, but state law requires that a licensed driver at least 21 years old and with a year's driving experience sit beside him.

Robby's father said his son was coming back from practice with his rock band when the wreck occurred.

"I don't understand it," Mr. Kasten said. "I think it was a crazy accident."

The two teens had been friends since the beginning of the school year, said Kathy Kotz, Mr. Kotz's mother.

Mr. Kotz had run out of gasoline, and Robby was taking him to get more when the wreck took place, she said.

Mr. Kotz, a senior at North Augusta High, didn't play in the band, she said, but he was on the swim team and had just started taking martial arts lessons.

Her son hadn't decided what he wanted to do after high school, she said. He had almost died as a baby, Mrs. Kotz added, and "it was like he was programmed, that he knew he wouldn't need any plans."

Lance Cpl. Sluder said that investigators don't yet know how fast Robby was driving when he lost control but that the car was traveling at high speed.

Both teenagers were wearing seat belts, Lance Cpl. Sluder said.

Robby died of severe head injuries, and Mr. Kotz had severe head injuries and body trauma, Edgefield County Coroner Thurmond Burnett said Monday.

Blood samples from Robby were sent to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division for toxicology testing, Mr. Burnett said.

Results are expected to be back within three to four weeks, he said.

Reach Sandi Martin at (803) 648-1395, ext. 111, or [email protected].

From the Tuesday, January 17, 2006 printed edition of the Augusta Chronicle

JoeCoolinATL
01-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Word... I gotta find out- this is really bothering me. :(

sounds like the name of one of the guys off bimmerforums

fawk_you
01-17-2006, 01:37 AM
^--thats horrible.

fawk_you
01-17-2006, 01:40 AM
sounds like the name of one of the guys off bimmerforums

Im not really sure exactly- um ima look further into it. LEMME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING PLEASE. :)

quickdodge®
01-17-2006, 01:45 PM

That is exactly what I am saying. Thanks, Ruiner. I'd much rather them die than an innocent family on the road, too. No one seems to understand that part. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Did I miss something or did it say anything about racing anywhere?

No. But it did mention a high rate of speed. Either way....Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-17-2006, 01:50 PM
I just wanna get this straight...QD, if your 21 year old daughter drove over the speed limit, lost control and was killed while wrecking into another car you'd be like "better her, than them?"

I doubt it.

No where did it say they did anything but speed...

No. I just want to get this straight. Why don't you leave my goddamn family out of this? I didn't bring your family or you into this. Say what you want to me, but don't ever say anything about my family or especially about them and dying in the same sense. Later, QD.

HalfBaked
01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
It was a question.

I'm just saying you would be just as uncompassionate for someone if it was someone you knew or cared about?

People make mistakes and just because these kids were speeding and died doesn't mean they are bad people or deserved to die.

Vteckidd
01-17-2006, 02:48 PM

+1

not enough info is known. what if the guy was diabetic and went into shock? what if he was on his cell phone , what if he blacked out from an epileptic seizure? we dont kow enough to make any assumptions yet.

HOWEVER
if it was street racing, then they deserved to die. this is coming from a street racer. i do it, but i like to think that 2am hwypulls with no traffic around is a LITTLE less boneheaded. I dont ever try to test my car out with other people around, certainly not barrett pkwy. just plain stupid.

quickdodge®
01-17-2006, 05:09 PM
not enough info is known. what if the guy was diabetic and went into shock? what if he was on his cell phone , what if he blacked out from an epileptic seizure? we dont kow enough to make any assumptions yet.

But he was still traveling at high rate of speed. Now if any of the problems you mentioned had caused this, I would be the first to step down and say my apology on it. That's bet. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-17-2006, 05:18 PM
It was a question.

I understand that, dude.

I'm just saying you would be just as uncompassionate for someone if it was someone you knew or cared about?

It's a good, tough question to answer. If anyone was fuccing up like that and wouldn't stop, then I don't know. Of course, being a parent, I would never want anything to happen to my children, but at the same time, I don't know how I'd react knowing that my child killed someone else because he/she was acting a fuccing idiot. .

People make mistakes and just because these kids were speeding and died doesn't mean they are bad people or deserved to die.

I realize people make mistakes. But speeding down a highway is usually not a mistake. It's not something you accidently do(except maybe long trips on the freeway...lolol).

I will admit, until all the facts are out there, I shouldn't have passed judgement on the driver. SO I will retract that until the facts come out. If he was racing/goofing off, then my thoughts stand, if not.....I retract. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
01-17-2006, 05:35 PM
But he was still traveling at high rate of speed. Now if any of the problems you mentioned had caused this, I would be the first to step down and say my apology on it. That's bet. Later, QD.
oh i know what you meant, and i know what you were saying, and if it was racing, ill back you 110%.