PDA

View Full Version : Any other drifters wanting to lend me...

Nemesis
01-13-2006, 10:46 AM
some of their time?

Im wanting to get a little more into drifting this year, and give it a try. My platform is definatly different and probably harder to start out on , but id really like to attempt it. Ive done some research, rode in some cars, watched Drift Bible reliogiously :lmfao: , but I would like some "in-car" help. I honestly dont want to sound stupid, but im just asking for maybe a day or two in the coming month or so. Im not sure where you guys practice.

Ill pay for dinner/lunch or whatever. I understand people have lives and usually need a little incentive. And it doesnt have to be a cheap place. Its on me.

SampaGuy
01-13-2006, 10:33 PM
ask on www.southeastdrift.com

billet350
01-15-2006, 06:10 PM
george ill help you lol

Tank
01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
hey george can you wait til i get back cause im trying to get into it also just got my 86 and i come back in a month so id also like to join oh and ill throw in some incentive also

cappi-na6c
01-24-2006, 12:32 PM
just sign up for a drift event by DGTrials (march 4th i think) you can get some help from the proz there.

HiPSI
01-24-2006, 02:11 PM
just sign up for a drift event by DGTrials (march 4th i think) you can get some help from the proz there.

or any SEDA event ;). any event i'm at i'm always glad to help anyone wherever i can so if you want some instruction just ask george, don't waste your time with the illegal stuff because you won't learn anything. same offer extends to tank or anyone else wanting to learn.

Nemesis
01-24-2006, 02:13 PM
or any SEDA event ;). any event i'm at i'm always glad to help anyone wherever i can so if you want some instruction just ask george, don't waste your time with the illegal stuff because you won't learn anything.

I hear that man. Was that you that responded on SEDA to me? I noticed the same sig. I definatly will ask. I just dont want to turn into that guy with the black 5.0 at Expo last year :lmfao:

HiPSI
01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I hear that man. Was that you that responded on SEDA to me? I noticed the same sig. I definatly will ask. I just dont want to turn into that guy with the black 5.0 at Expo last year :lmfao:

yeah, my name over there is "icantdrift". and the black 5.0 is Kieran from GTE, very nice guy and those cars are a bit of a handful compared to others (steering is a little slow and his car has pretty snappy power).

Tank
01-24-2006, 03:02 PM
hey ipsi im always lookin for help so ill definilty come through bro

HiPSI
01-24-2006, 09:13 PM
hey ipsi im always lookin for help so ill definilty come through bro

if either of you guys are up for a trip SEDA is having an event in Nashville on Feb 25th. should be a great event and they are letting us run tandem :D (those who have proper safety gear and driving skills at least). gonna be a great event and SEDA events rock since you can have your friends come and actually get ridealongs in your car :).

lazyboi444
01-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Well Hipsi I'll take you up on that offer to for help! Since DG is starting back up their events at TURNER I'll probabaly enter! Hopefully i can enter the first event in Mar i'm really push for it! Hipsi are you gonna be in that First Event on Mar 4? If you are and i'm not in it do you think i can get ridealongs? Not trying to be a idiot or anything its just i learn best from watching and executing! So just pm me!

Tank
01-25-2006, 04:03 AM
if either of you guys are up for a trip SEDA is having an event in Nashville on Feb 25th. should be a great event and they are letting us run tandem :D (those who have proper safety gear and driving skills at least). gonna be a great event and SEDA events rock since you can have your friends come and actually get ridealongs in your car :).
hey i wont be back from kuwait til march 4th so whatever events after that im down im sure george will rolll since we live by each other man

Nemesis
01-25-2006, 07:14 AM
hey i wont be back from kuwait til march 4th so whatever events after that im down im sure george will rolll since we live by each other man

Definatly im down for whatever! Even if its just riding along if the 300 cant make it. But, I cant make it on Feb 25th. Ill be at little taledega with the other small group. :(

Nemesis
01-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Oh, Id also like to get a ride along on the March 4th event..... free hi res pics of your car afterwards :) lol

Kalifornia087
01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
I just dont want to turn into that guy with the black 5.0 at Expo last year :lmfao:

ARe you talking about the SN95 or the fox body?

HiPSI
01-26-2006, 04:07 PM
for all those asking about ridealongs, you'll have to ask Erik Jacobs or another DG official about that. their rule as it stands is no passengers unless they are also drivers in the event, so you'd have to be registered to do so. i will be at all of their local events this year (since i get to do them for free :D) and as long as they ok it i'll take people for rides. there will also be a few events at AMS for both DG and SEDA as far as i know, and ridealongs are allowed at the SEDA events for sure as long as you pay the $10 gate fee. this year should be really interesting though, with DG allowing tandem practice along with SEDA doing the same, and add Drift Fury (maximum angle) to the list of local organizers and i won't even have to leave town to get my fix this year.

like i said, don't be afraid to ask me or any of the other drivers you think might be able to give you some pointers. i can't think of any local drivers that would have any issue with helping someone else interested/participating in the sport when asked (i kinda like teaching sometimes more than driving).

a warning to you guys: once you hit your first event you'll start spending all your time scouring atlanta for cheap tires and spending all your money on making your car borderline streetworthy :D.

lazyboi444
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Well i know Eugene and Erik so ridealongs shouldnt be any problems for me at any events!

Tank
01-27-2006, 04:08 AM
damn it i dont know anyone so i guess i gotta get my foot in the door