PDA

View Full Version : Info to enter formula D?

Big Rick
04-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I've heard people say you don't need much to enter your car in formula D, some people says otherwise. Anyone know for sure whats required? I need to know ASAP. As far as roll cage, etc. I check there site but on drifting.com they say its not updated and correct.

CodyW
04-12-2005, 01:49 AM
you actually need quite a bit of stuff (6 point cage, approved fire suit/gloves/shoes/helmet, SFI approved seat, 5-point harness, SCCA pro license, lots of money, etc..). you can download a PDF rulebook at www.formulaD.com but if you're actually trying to register it's most likely way too late (a few dates are already closed and the rest are waiting list only).

Big Rick
04-12-2005, 11:02 AM
yeah we have all the requirements, i called today, now i just gotta find out if we can still enter the car.

HiPSI
04-12-2005, 11:03 AM
atlanta already has over 20 people on the waiting list, so unless more than 20 drivers back out it's not going to happen.

as far as preparations, it's not all that cheap to get ready for Formula Debt. Basic Safety requirements are the following (above and beyond what most practice events require):

-6 Point rollcage, either bolt in or weld in but must conform to SCCA standards for the materials/construction and must have door bars.
-SFI approved rollbar padding must be applied to the cage anywhere the occupant(s) of the car may come in contact with the tubes
-FIA approved racing seat and well made bracket to hold it down
-SFI/FIA approved 5 point harness (y-type not allowed and mounting points must all conform to SCCA rulebook)
-SFI 3.2A1 or better fire suit. Single or double layer suits also require that you wear SFI 3.2A1 or better underwear (longjohns basically made of nomex). Three layer suits are allowed without the underwear.
-SFI approved nomex/proban socks
-SFI 3.2A1 or better fireproof hood (ninja mask :D)
-SFI 3.2A1 or better driving gloves
-Shoes must be constructed of non-flammable materials (real driving shoes)
-Snell SA2000 rated helmet, M2000 is not acceptable

that's all i can remember for the moment... if you'd like a copy of the rulebook email me at esanford@gmail and i'll send it over to you. it's a lot more complicated than just getting those things but that's the biggest part of it.

Tracy
04-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I talked to Andy Luk from Formula D about 2 weeks ago and he said that they were going to shut down registration because they had a waiting list for almost all of the events at that time. They may have closed it by now. WDC isn't going to happen. So all of those folks are scrambling for Formula D now.

Big Rick
04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
I talked to Andy Luk from Formula D about 2 weeks ago and he said that they were going to shut down registration because they had a waiting list for almost all of the events at that time. They may have closed it by now. WDC isn't going to happen. So all of those folks are scrambling for Formula D now.

that suxs

Big Rick
04-12-2005, 01:19 PM
atlanta already has over 20 people on the waiting list, so unless more than 20 drivers back out it's not going to happen.

as far as preparations, it's not all that cheap to get ready for Formula Debt. Basic Safety requirements are the following (above and beyond what most practice events require):

oh yeah, i know, we use to run an rx7 under scca club racing, suxs that we didn't think about the event in time, gonna try for another 1 even tho they all maybe closed.

CodyW
04-12-2005, 01:22 PM
if not, there's always the DG trials and SEDA practice days we'll be having this summer, they'll all be lots of fun, way cheper, and less intimidating :).

Big Rick
04-12-2005, 01:26 PM
if not, there's always the DG trials and SEDA practice days we'll be having this summer, they'll all be lots of fun, way cheper, and less intimidating :).

haha i hear ya, i will definitely look into that.

Tracy
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Yea. The DG and SEDA stuff is so fun! Everyone is always really cool at those events :)