PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Run Sun. 1/15/06!!!

speedminded
01-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Mostly Sunny with highs in the 50's, who's up for a cool weather mountain run?

I was thinking if we still wanted to cookout I could put together everything for jambalya (aka my signature Gumbolya™) and simply add water and heat over the grill at the park...pre-cook the chicken & andouille sausage and put in tupperware containers then throw in salad shrimp for the last 5 minutes of heating...i've done it several times at the track. Would just need people to bring bowls, spoons, drinks and a couple bucks each if possible (a large pot cost me about $40 to make). The parking fee at Vogel State Park is $3.

Time: Sunday, January 15th - 10:00am
Location: Home Depot - Hwy. 400 N. across from the Premium Outlet Mall in Dawson Co.

Meet at Home Depot @ 10am or so and plan to head north at 10:30.

Map to meeting spot...

Nemesis
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Only two days notice?

speedminded
01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Only two days notice?Weather is too "iffy" this time of year to plan ahead. I gave a friday before notice last time and i think i was the only one not to show up, oops :eye:

COGCaviZ24
01-13-2006, 09:15 AM
hmmm... put me down as a maybe. my dad's shop is close and i'll probably working on my car. i might ride out

Marta Mike
01-13-2006, 09:17 AM
I'd actually be up for it if some peeps gonna roll.

RISKYB
01-13-2006, 09:28 AM
im game

IntegraXTR
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
damnit, if only I didn't work weekends, all the good shit happens when I'm stuck

dazn
01-13-2006, 11:33 AM
whats the pace gonna be like and whats the route??
im deciding whether im gonna be on two or 4 this weekend.

speedminded
01-13-2006, 11:54 AM
whats the pace gonna be like and whats the route??
im deciding whether im gonna be on two or 4 this weekend.There MAY be a possibility of the northside of the mountains being slippery either from existing conditions or possibly sand, salt, or gravel remaining from tonight or tomorrow. I'll call a couple people in Dahlonega to get an update on road conditions.

As for pace, it's not a race...there will always be some "playing" but I expect everyone to respect each other, especially with not knowing how the road will be around the turn.

I respect being near a bike and depending on the rider if I want to stay away from him/her...I would expect everyone else to do the same. I don't push bikes and despise driving next to them unless i'm on one myself....You can tell within just a couple turns a riders confidence and if they aren't 110% then i don't want anything to do with them. With the slight possibility of hazardous conditions I wouldn't recommend taking the bike unless you have a group going up that can all run together.

dazn
01-13-2006, 12:14 PM
There MAY be a possibility of the northside of the mountains being slippery either from existing conditions or possibly sand, salt, or gravel remaining from tonight or tomorrow. I'll call a couple people in Dahlonega to get an update on road conditions.

As for pace, it's not a race...there will always be some "playing" but I expect everyone to respect each other, especially with not knowing how the road will be around the turn.

I respect being near a bike and depending on the rider if I want to stay away from him/her...I would expect everyone else to do the same. I don't push bikes and despise driving next to them unless i'm on one myself....You can tell within just a couple turns a riders confidence and if they aren't 110% then i don't want anything to do with them. With the slight possibility of hazardous conditions I wouldn't recommend taking the bike unless you have a group going up that can all run together.

last time i was up there, which was sunday, the only road that really was worth avoiding is 180 between 60 and 129. the rest of 180 was fine, like near 75 and such.
there is a group of riders forming for that day but they will be a really really fast pace that wold be out of the question.
it i dont join that group ill be there with my car.

Tiff-O-Bitties
01-13-2006, 12:18 PM
180 is FUN!!! But definately dangerous! I might ride out, I'll know for sure on Saturday!

dazn
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
180 is FUN!!! But definately dangerous! I might ride out, I'll know for sure on Saturday!

180 is fine for cars, just not that great for bikes since there is still a lot of gravel and stuff on the sides of the roads in the switchbacks

Tiff-O-Bitties
01-13-2006, 12:26 PM
oh yea, i know.. i ride too.. i dont think i would take a bike on it.

speedminded
01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
oh yea, i know.. i ride too.. i dont think i would take a bike on it.i still owe you a ride :idb: :D :tongue:

HiPSI
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
180 is fine for cars, just not that great for bikes since there is still a lot of gravel and stuff on the sides of the roads in the switchbacks

would be fun on a supermoto or big-bore DS bike :).

actually, if the weather is decent i'll be up there on 2 myself, if the weather sucks it'll depend on whether i can go pick up my tire machine before sunday and mount up some good rubber.

Tiff-O-Bitties
01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
i still owe you a ride :idb: :D :tongue:

hahaha.. i think you might still be in shock from the ride i gave you! lol :lmfao:

speedminded
01-13-2006, 01:08 PM

actually, if the weather is decent i'll be up there on 2 myself, if the weather sucks it'll depend on whether i can go pick up my tire machine before sunday and mount up some good rubber.You finally get one?! You should mount it in your truck and it take to the events :-P

HiPSI
01-13-2006, 01:17 PM
You finally get one?! You should mount it in your truck and it take to the events :-P

i have a small motorcycle trailer i plan on carting it around with.

speedminded
01-13-2006, 01:30 PM
i have a small motorcycle trailer i plan on carting it around with.you have a tire hookup? i can get them at 10% over cost...

Kalifornia087
01-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Damnit, Finally a nice sunday run, and my car is down... Hopefully it will be back up in about a month or less, and after that i will be down for anything like this.

Kalifornia087
01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
oh and hey speedminded, you wanna hook me up with some good tire prices?? LoL, the bird is down, but is going to need two tires (imagine that...) as soon as it hits the road again. lmk

-Austin

speedminded
01-13-2006, 01:39 PM
oh and hey speedminded, you wanna hook me up with some good tire prices?? LoL, the bird is down, but is going to need two tires (imagine that...) as soon as it hits the road again. lmk

-Austinpm me the size and i can check on it.

dazn
01-13-2006, 03:06 PM

actually, if the weather is decent i'll be up there on 2 myself, if the weather sucks it'll depend on whether i can go pick up my tire machine before sunday and mount up some good rubber.

hehe, i was going through 180 a few weeks ago when it was still really really bad, fresh gravel and everything, still snow on the sides of the road and everything. following a drz through it watching him slide around and stuff, was great till i started sliding, hehe.

do you plan on riding with the GSB group? ?If so i might see you there.

speedminded
01-14-2006, 01:23 PM
It looks like it's gonna be a perfect day for sunday drive....

David88vert
01-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I went up last weekend on the bike. There was a little bit of gravel in the corners on 180. Other than that, it was good. We ran a decently aggressive pace, and had no incidents.

UpSideDownDesi
01-14-2006, 06:43 PM
morning there and night y'all know where lol.