PDA

View Full Version : (GSX, CRX, AE86) in Atlanta, 56k go to sleep. pics taken Jan, 11th and 12th, 2006.

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Some of the pics were the ones I took on the 11th while Alex and I were shooting his car. Here's the first five (from the Eclipse only shoot) many more to come. I actually even managed to get a decent picture of the Corolla, which is about the most non-photogenic car on the planet.

As always; I post pictures as I finish resizing them and cleaning them up in photoshop. So no bitching!

SilverJester
01-12-2006, 03:10 AM
some of mine from tonight, more to come:
http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06024/IMG_0382_small.jpg

http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06024/IMG_0380_small.jpg

http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06024/IMG_0381.jpg

btw, DAMMM you Robby, yours (from last night anyways) look better than mine :goodjob:

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 03:18 AM
we're tag teaming this bitch!

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 03:51 AM
Some more from tonight, that I just finished cleaning up.

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 04:19 AM
I have to post this pic alone.

+1 meh if you like it.

SilverJester
01-12-2006, 04:39 AM
This one took awhile to do. It's 3 pictures stiched together, I looked around Kevin (using his gehtto tripod) and Robby taking pictures....so I had to fit them both in.

http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06024/ThePhotoScene_small.jpg

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 04:47 AM
a few more, as well as some comments I made to Alex via AIM about the appearance of my car.

e s t i s FATUUS (5:38:29 AM): my car looks like an antique toaster

e s t i s FATUUS (5:41:34 AM): damn I actually got two good ones of the bread box tonight

e s t i s FATUUS (5:42:05 AM): lol it looks like a really timid sheep
SilverJester2020 (5:42:12 AM): HAHAHAHA

e s t i s FATUUS (5:42:56 AM): I need to have a photographer on board to take pictures whenever I get pulled over
SilverJester2020 (5:43:26 AM): lol, yeah

JITB
01-12-2006, 05:27 AM
rob, i want to get some pics, next time u go out..

those are nice..

SilverJester
01-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Last ones before I have to go get ready for work:

http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06024/_MG_0364_small.jpg

http://xs63.xs.to/pics/06024/IMG_0377_small.jpg

**edit: I rushed the window area of this last one (gotta go to work :( ) But I'll most likely come back and finish it later

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 05:48 AM
rob, i want to get some pics, next time u go out..

those are nice..

Thanks for the compliments.

Sounds good to me. Just let me know when you wanna do it, or if you come to the Kennesaw meet I could snap some pics there.

interior shot of the CRX;

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 06:44 AM
comments are always appreciated...

Nemesis
01-12-2006, 06:52 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28713&stc=1

I actually really like your car. I used to not like older cars too much until I got an 85, and for some reason I appreciate them a lot more.

The pics look very familiar for some reason though, cant quite put my hands on it lol

A.P. Photography
01-12-2006, 07:29 AM
The pics look very familiar for some reason though, cant quite put my hands on it lol
Gee, I wonder why :lmfao:

Ok so were you shooting at the GA Tech hotel parking deck or was it another one?

ironchef
01-12-2006, 07:50 AM
I can honestly say thats the best 2g eclipse i've seen, hands down.

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 08:14 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28713&stc=1

I actually really like your car. I used to not like older cars too much until I got an 85, and for some reason I appreciate them a lot more.

Wasn't my idea to go there, and I doubt I'll be going back after all the shit we got from the various security guards driving around. Although I doubt you're the only person who's taken pictures at Atlantic station. After all Hulud posted some pictures of his car there just recently. It's not really "older cars" I think are ugly, I just think my Corolla looks like total shit sitting still.

Oh I don't know if you ever saw the panoramic I did from a while back... I did it from the roof of the Atlantic station hotel before it was built. Sadly I did it with my shitty Sony Cybershot so the results weren't great.

Gee, I wonder why :lmfao:

Ok so were you shooting at the GA Tech hotel parking deck or was it another one?

Another one.

Where's all the criticism I've come to expect from you?

A.P. Photography
01-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Another one.

Where's all the criticism I've come to expect from you?
It is too early in the morning for me to start right now, let me get back to you after lunch :tongue:

Let me know next time yall head out on the weekend, I just got a new lens I need to try out.

5thgcelica
01-12-2006, 08:50 AM
awesome pics...i especially like the one of the three together.

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 10:01 AM
awesome pics...i especially like the one of the three together.

There's actually more of those, I just haven't tinkered with them yet.

silver
01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I like the Pier 1 Imports sign... Bad Ass Imports, lol.. Nice touch though, I like how you pay attention to detail like that in your pics as well as everything else!!

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 10:29 AM
I like the Pier 1 Imports sign... Bad Ass Imports, lol.. Nice touch though, I like how you pay attention to detail like that in your pics as well as everything else!!

That one was actually Alex's handy work, we're were gonna wait and see how many people noticed it. You're the first to say something about it.

silver
01-12-2006, 10:42 AM
That one was actually Alex's handy work, we're were gonna wait and see how many people noticed it. You're the first to say something about it.

What did I win?!?!?! lol

Chuckster
01-12-2006, 11:06 AM
some hawt pics. my fav is the ps one with "Bad ass imports"

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
two more...

Nemesis
01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Although I doubt you're the only person who's taken pictures at Atlantic station.

Hey now, no need to take the shit personal. All im saying is that they just look familiar. Take it any way you want, it isnt my problem. After all, I was complimenting your car, but whatever.

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey now, no need to take offense to what I said. All im saying is that they just look familiar. Take it any way you want, it isnt my problem. After all, I was complimenting your car, but whatever.

I didn't really take offense, I just kinda assumed you and Teg we're trying to pick on me a little bit, since the spot is almost the exact same one where you shot Wayne's car. Also I kinda expected Teg to come on here bashing... erm "criticizing" all the pictures Alex and I took last night, so I was in "defense" mode.

I appreciate the compliments on the car. I guess you just have to live with the thing to see it from my perspective. Everything leaks, blown head gasket, alternator belt is on it's last let, carrier bearing on the drive shaft is about to go, the clutches in the LSD are shot, Clutch master cylinder still needs to be replaced (it's sitting on my desk right here), ontop of all that I can't go below a quarter of a tank or my fuel pump sucks up all the rust sitting at the very bottom of my gas tank and causes my car to die. So factor in that it's my daily driver and you can see that the little bugger frustrates the hell out of me.

A.P. Photography
01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Also I kinda expected Teg to come on here bashing... erm "criticizing" all the pictures Alex and I took last night, so I was in "defense" mode.

Well I will not say anything about any pics you take again. Did not realize it offended you so bad. :rolleyes:

DrivenMind
01-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Well I will not say anything about any pics you take again. Did not realize it offended you so bad. :rolleyes:

Not really offended, it just kinda comes off as condescending when you rarely say anything positive and point out as much negative as you can, even if you're trying to be helpful. If you like to critique, then by all means have at it.

Dark Side
01-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Would u mind if I got on some of this pic taking with u guys. If not let me know next time u guys are doin it and I will come out. It would be cool to have a white EF hatch and a white crx in a pic togther. Let me know whats up.

PS: Nice pics BTW !

girly_typeR
01-12-2006, 08:32 PM
wow Alex, I really like your pictures. =] Especially the part where you switched out, "Pier 1 imports" to... "bad ass imports." haha

ProjectWidow
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Damn guys!! Pics look awesome!

I saw the badass imports sign and was wondering if that was a new store, lol. Then I looked down and saw Pier 1 imports. Nice touch.

Awesome pics guys, would love to take some pics of my lude in the night like that!

SilverJester
01-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone! If there is a sign in a picture of mine I will change it in at last one pic to something else and see if anyone notices.

Would u mind if I got on some of this pic taking with u guys. If not let me know next time u guys are doin it and I will come out. It would be cool to have a white EF hatch and a white crx in a pic togther. Let me know whats up.

PS: Nice pics BTW !
You got my number Arsolan, gimme a call I'm always down for shooting some pictures....in fact I just shoot Le Anne's car tonight.

KevinT707
01-13-2006, 01:32 AM
geez I'm late, but of course incredible pics from Robby & Alex. What else would I expect from these 2 guys :). Ok who wants to make my new signature? the one where my car reflects off the puddle by Alex !

DrivenMind
01-13-2006, 02:43 AM
I'll work on your sig tomorrow after noon, and post up my up close pic of the CRX in the water.

I'm going on 48 hours with no sleep so I need to try and get some rest.

Genya
01-13-2006, 03:52 AM
Awesome pictures, awesome cars. As always very impressive!

girly_typeR
01-13-2006, 04:36 PM
geez I'm late, but of course incredible pics from Robby & Alex. What else would I expect from these 2 guys :). Ok who wants to make my new signature? the one where my car reflects off the puddle by Alex !

Um excuse me sir, that'd be me.. like the one i made before, i should make the cool puddle one too.. har har.. :)

SOHCGunnin82
01-13-2006, 10:33 PM
yo dat CrX is what's good. love the indiglo gauges on there

eViLMunkey
01-13-2006, 10:58 PM
those pics look really good... dayuumm...

pethelizer
01-15-2006, 03:11 AM
wow. cars look great, and the pictures are beautiful.
great work guys, very inspiring.

DeutscheBAG!
01-15-2006, 10:46 AM
good pics robbie and alex..the water reflection is by far my favourite.

#1Beaver
01-15-2006, 11:16 AM
damn love the pix guys
love the interier of the CRX