PDA

View Full Version : 99-00 si conversion

Seventh_Gear
04-11-2005, 03:33 PM
i have a 93 civic coupe want to do the 99-00 si front conversion want to know if any body knows a site where i can read how to due it ?

Wuts the right way to due it cut the fender in half or is there another way?

dereksi
04-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Yo i got the hood,front bumper, and headlights, off my 99 si [blue]. Cant help you with the install but i got the parts if you need.

Seventh_Gear
04-11-2005, 05:26 PM
how much 4 everything
leave me a number and ill get back at u tomorow thanks

dereksi
04-11-2005, 05:37 PM
pm'd you

CLEAN-ASS-EK
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
In order to do a front end conversion is kind of costly and time consuming but it can be done. here is how it works.

First

take off all the exterior parts that are being swaped. In your case fenders,hood,bumper and headamps.

second

get all the parts that you will need again in your case Headlamps,hood,fenders,bumper and most importantly a new radiator support for the make and model of the conversion. why a radiator support you may ask. you need a new radiator support because it is literally the backbone of the front of the car it is what almost all of the parts are going to be attached to if you want the parts to line up correctly.

Third

Find a good shop to take off the old radiator support and weld on the new one. get all of your parts painted to match.

Fourth

Go for what you know. Assemble all of your new parts on your new radiatior support which is now on your car.

regardless of what others tell you this is the correct way of converting your car. others may say "you don't need a radiator support just get all the new parts and bolt it on it should be good"

NO

the parts will not fit correctly and if you did managed to work the parts into place without a new radiator support I would not recomend interstate driving for fear that the parts you RIGGED will come off. Shops Usually charge about $250 to take the old radiator support off and putting on the new one. Not sure about paint b/c different shops vary. but all in all I wish you the best of luck. It should be clean ass hell after completed. If you have any questions or need any parts NEW/Wholesale feel free to PM me or call me @ 404-207-8633 my name is Brandon.

civic95
04-12-2005, 12:11 PM
radiator support or not the fenders will not lineup correctly with his doors. this is not a bolt on process for a 5th gen civic. he will need to have the 2 fenders cut, and welded together for it to look right. And even then you have to know what your doing. Take the wrong measurement, and you've wasted your time.

CLEAN-ASS-EK
04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
yep he's got a point. Good thing we're here to help.