PDA

View Full Version : F#CK PAYPAL

AtifSajid
01-11-2006, 07:03 AM
So I sell an ipod online via ebay..I actually sold about 20, but anyway, one customer of mine decides to go in and change the battery out, and after it doesnt work, he sends it back 30 days later, and it doesnt work at all. He doesnt even close the ipod back correctly, it is slighlt wobbly. Paypal gives them there money back even after a very thorough explanation given by me.
My warranty on those are 3 days from the time you recieve.

READ BELOW IF YOU WANT TO...

This is what I sent them after I found out about the chargerback...

I am absolutely upset at the chargeback that you guys hit my account with. I even supplied AMPLE evidence that the item that was sent back had been opened, tampered with, and not even put back together correctly. THIS IS NO WAY TO DO BUSINESS AT ALL!! So that means I can charge $5000 items through paypal to someones account, tamper with it, take something out of it, and send it back and file a dispute with my credit card company and get my damn money back with no problems!?!?!? This is ridiculous!! I have been using paypal and letting your company take percentages out of my profit all this time and your company doesnt even have the desceny to call me and let me know that the charge back is complete??? Just hit my account for it and end of story? That is no way to do business.

The buyer had no right to even try to commit a chargeback after he manipulated the item completely. I am so pissed off at this right now. I got the item back and it doesnt work at all! DOES NOT WORK AT ALL! He class=RTE>
I want someone to call me back and tell me what kind of valid reason was supplied that the charge class=RTE>
Atif Sajid
This is my cell number. If I do not pick up please leave a number for me to call back.. I will call back!

THIS IS HOW THEY RESPOND..

Dear Atif Sajid,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am
happy to assist you further.

We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this matter has
caused you. Sellers form the backbone of our customer base, and we
deeply regret the need to perform any reversal. Please understand that
this chargeback was investigated within the terms of our User Agreement
which you agreed to when you opened your PayPal account. At this point
we have no further recourse to assist you in this matter, we suggest
that you contact the buyer directly to resolve this issue and or recover
your merchandise.

Unfortunately, we do not control the outcome of the chargeback decision
reached by the buyer's issuing bank in a credit card transaction. By
accepting the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, you agreed to accept
the decision of the issuing bank as final and legally binding for this
type of dispute.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I understand your frustration regarding this matter and apologize for
any inconvenience it might have caused you.

Sincerely,
Kyoko
PayPal Chargeback Division
PayPal, an eBay Company:2up::2up::2up::2up::2up:

ALVIN
01-11-2006, 07:08 AM
That sucks big time...I hate when people do that after they have completely read and understand the agreement and then go ahead and accept the payment and pay it. Only to get the item, fuck with it, and then say ohh this isnt the thing I ordered or I dont want this anymore. Especially after 30 days what you said. I'd take this shit to court.

Jimmy B
01-11-2006, 07:10 AM
that is one reason that i HATE accepting credit cards, or using paypal.. it has happened to me quite a few times, and they have the product, adn im out.. jsut because they didnt want to pay for it... its ludacris!!! so im out 500-700 bucks... IT SUX!!

atif.. i feel ya on it...

AtifSajid
01-11-2006, 07:14 AM
It was only about $180, so I wont take him to court. I sent him a nasty email already, and he didnt reply..but damn...

trythefly
01-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Thats bad business. Paypal is a bitch, but a necessary one for most people.

rolling_trip
01-11-2006, 07:40 AM
does paypal keep their cut when it is sent back?

Brett
01-11-2006, 07:42 AM
On top of that they send you the generic email the person who sent it to you didnt even type it, I hate companies like that when they cant take the time to personally reply to an email.

B16a2 Civic
01-11-2006, 08:08 AM
yeah atif, fuck an email, write paypal a real letter, requesting a call back or a non system generated response back...if you dont get action, move up in teh ranks, leads, supervisors, managers etc etc

dartingd
01-11-2006, 08:14 AM
hmm...i thought if as soon as the transaction cleared you could transfer it to your bank account and that was end of story...paypal could only take money from your actual account..i may be wrong...anyone?

thinkfast®
01-11-2006, 08:58 AM
what is homeboys email

B16a2 Civic
01-11-2006, 09:01 AM
LIRL, its about to go down!

Brett
01-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Ricky gonna jump all up in Paypal's CARA!!!

AtifSajid
01-11-2006, 09:18 AM
hmm...i thought if as soon as the transaction cleared you could transfer it to your bank account and that was end of story...paypal could only take money from your actual account..i may be wrong...anyone?

Well the money is linked to your bank account. So as long as you stay with paypal, the bank account is linked, so they can go directly through paypal and pull the money out of your account. I do thousands of dollars business through paypal so its crucial i have them. Its a sense of security for most people and myself. But shit like this is ridiculous. They should listen to what you have to say and not just fund someone there money back if they mess your stuff up.

B16a2 Civic
01-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Well the money is linked to your bank account. So as long as you stay with paypal, the bank account is linked, so they can go directly through paypal and pull the money out of your account. I do thousands of dollars business through paypal so its crucial i have them. Its a sense of security for most people and myself. But shit like this is ridiculous. They should listen to what you have to say and not just fund someone there money back if they mess your stuff up.

can you file a dispute...theres gotta be a way....you cant just be out of the money and broken ipod

thinkfast®
01-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Ricky gonna jump all up in Paypal's CARA!!!

HAHA Brett gettin hid blilungual on lately!! damn FRO RLY son!!

but seriously, what is his email :D

dartingd
01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
hmm...that's stupid...sorry to hear it!

5thgcelica
01-11-2006, 09:42 AM
damn man. im sorry to hear that. id be as pissed of as you are...

keep fighting it!

AznTraitor
01-11-2006, 12:18 PM
so wait, he got his money back and kept the ipod?

dartingd
01-11-2006, 12:29 PM
no...got his money back, and sent the ipod back broken...

AznTraitor
01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
no...got his money back, and sent the ipod back broken...

oooh, that fuckin sucks...

and Atif, you are going about this all wrong....

what you should do is send a polite email back to him and apologize that he couldnt get the new battery in, and that you will send him another ipod.....

..with that said, take a huge shit in a box and mail it to him...

I can picture it now, he'll be all excited and once he opens up the box.....ooooh....I think we know how it will go.

RISKYB
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
screw paypal

dartingd
01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
oooh, that fuckin sucks...

and Atif, you are going about this all wrong....

what you should do is send a polite email back to him and apologize that he couldnt get the new battery in, and that you will send him another ipod.....

..with that said, take a huge shit in a box and mail it to him...

I can picture it now, he'll be all excited and once he opens up the box.....ooooh....I think we know how it will go.

honestly sounds like a good idea, lirl...i'd like to take a picture when he opens it.....

civic95
01-11-2006, 01:01 PM
was this sold on ebay? If so, here is what you do. Keep his ebay ID, and weekly check to see if he list anything for auction. Win his item, and send paypal payment. Then ask for a refund. Then, keep watching, and have a friend do the same thing on his next item, and so on.

AtifSajid
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
thats a awesome idea!!!^^^^

ahmonrah
01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
yeah , i was gonna sa , that this wasnt even a personal email. that was one that was already generated and flew off to you when you filed your complaint.