PDA

View Full Version : Applebee's Served Alcohol To My 5-Year-Old

babygurl
01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id=12458&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wfmy.com%2Fnews%2Farticle.asp x%3Fstoryid%3D55000

Mother: Applebee's Served Alcohol To My 5-Year-Old

One woman filed a lawsuit in federal court against Applebee's because she says they served him a "drink."

New York, NY -- Cynthia Pereles stopped keeping apple juice in her refrigerator this summer. That's when she says her son Seth, now 6, developed a definite aversion to the juice after a meal at an Applebee's in Battery Park City.

"It was rather late, Seth is used to going to bed at 8 and it was 10, if I'm not mistaken," Pereles said. "And so he was acting up, as 5-year-olds do."

Pereles says the waiter seemed annoyed as Seth took time to decide he wanted apple juice.

"When the waiter brought our drinks, Seth took a sip from his kiddie cup, he said "mommy", he was like spitting and said this is so nasty," Pereles said.

Her son took two sips before Pereles says she examined the drink.

"Then I took a sip and I realized it was alcohol in the cup and I was just horrified," she said.

Pereles said a manager told her the drink was a Long Island Iced Tea, just served accidentally to Seth. However, she says the drink was in a kid's cup, so she doesn't understand how such a mistake could be made.

Meanwhile, she said Seth started acting as if he was drunk.

"Licking bread baskets, and laughing uncontrollably, and it was just insane," Pereles said.

She ended up taking her son to Beth Israel Medical Center. The hospital confirmed Seth was treated there. CBS 2 then went to the restaurant to get their side of the story.

A thank you and a no comment was all we got.

We also reached the restaurant by phone. They told us to contact corporate headquarters here in New York. We tried, but they haven't returned numerous phone calls."

"I think that they handled it in a really unprofessional way with no care, no concern whatsoever," Pereles said.

Pereles' attorney has filed a lawsuit in federal court. The entire chain, Applebee's International, is also named in the suit. A spokesperson told CBS 2 the company has not yet seen the suit and does not normally comment on litigation.

Repost Squintz
01-10-2006, 02:50 PM
....idiots these days

dartingd
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
i don't like applebee's anyways,....-1 for them tho...

B16a2 Civic
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
that baby wont drunk!!! we rode our big wheels that night and he aint swerve

The Golden Child
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
wow

dartingd
01-10-2006, 02:53 PM
they took him to the hospital? i know you can die from it from drinking too much, but two sips can kill a kid? i'd sue for attempted murder or something, lirl...throw the book at em!!!

quickdodge®
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
I gave negative reps to Applebee's. Later, QD.

Rabunchic
01-10-2006, 02:58 PM
I wouldve beat the hell out of that waitress!!!!!!!!!!!

thinkfast®
01-10-2006, 03:00 PM

that is a sooooooo -1 right there LIRL

good one Quick, almost as good as the cow and milk out the nose joke!

speedminded
01-10-2006, 03:02 PM
two sips and the 5 year old was "drunk"....rightttt. It was 10pm, what choices does the kid have in the way of drinks...milk or juice? It's good to allow your kids to make their own decisions but he was probably already acting up and being a nuisance...and that's why they did it.

...it's still stupid to do as a server though bc you know the consequences are going to come back and bite you in the ass.

B16a2 Civic
01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
two sips and the 5 year old was "drunk"....rightttt. It was 10pm, what choices does the kid have in the way of drinks...milk or juice? It's good to allow your kids to make their own decisions but he was probably already acting up and being a nuisance...and that's why they did it.

hahahahaha
that is so LIRL

B16a2 Civic
01-10-2006, 03:05 PM
heres how it would down if i was teh waiter

Me: and what would you like lil man
him: ummmm
me:.......
him:ummmm
me:........
me: look here you lil crumbsnatcher, imma come back with some alchy, your gon drink it and get plastered, got it * points to mom* and you aint gon say shit about it and your gon tip me 30%, got it

T.S.
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
heres how it would down if i was teh waiter

Me: and what would you like lil man
him: ummmm
me:.......
me:........
me: look here you lil crumbsnatcher, imma come back with some alchy, your gon drink it and get plastered, got it * points to mom* and you aint gon say shit about it and your gon tip me 30%, got it

yeah im so sure thats how it would go you big tough guy you! Tell that 5 year old whats up!! :jerkit:

B16a2 Civic
01-10-2006, 03:22 PM
yeah im so sure thats how it would go you big tough guy you! Tell that 5 year old whats up!! :jerkit:

BTLFEDS quote would be best in this situation.
" the 'care' train left and i wasnt on it"

Kevykev
01-10-2006, 07:05 PM
i heard about that!

DrivenMind
01-10-2006, 07:21 PM
probably hoping the alcohol would shut the fucking kid up.

I love how one waiter can fuck up and get the entire chain sued.

GsrTurbo320
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
HAHAHA I HEARD ABOUT THIS on the RAdio 1079 this afternoon haha messedd up shhiiet.

XBLG20
01-10-2006, 07:39 PM
i've hated Applebees for awhile ... i hope they go out of business

SampaGuy
01-10-2006, 08:21 PM
fukcing woman just wants the money, another bullshit lawsuit

devinwebb907
01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
heh ive been working at an applebees for a year and a half, never had any shit remotely close to that happen.

Darling Nikki
01-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't know bout you guys, but I sure could use a big glass of Apple Juice...yummy

rollininstyle2004
01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Forget the negative reps, just ban them ;)

NzProjeKt
01-11-2006, 03:18 AM
My parents use to give me sips of wine as a baby... It supposedly helps with fevers...

JustinSane110™
01-11-2006, 04:22 AM
^^ Ummm... ok then...

BTLFEDS quote would be best in this situation.
" the 'care' train left and i wasnt on it"
That's ight B, I guess we gotta start using tags so some of our slower members can catch on...

fukcing woman just wants the money, another bullshit lawsuit
Word, she coulda just took the kid home, put him to bed and he woulda been fine the next day. It should've gone no farther than a call to the manager and let them handle the waiter. Sad part is she's prolly gonna get paid too.

trythefly
01-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Bad judgement on the waiter/bartender's part though. I would sue too.

StreetSweepn
01-11-2006, 09:26 AM
People are too sue happy these days. I really think some people go out looking for something to happen so they can make money. And another thing, Who licks bread baskets when they are drunk. I mean did they have acid in the drink too I have been extremly drunk a few times and dont think i have ever tasted a bread basket

trythefly
01-11-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm definitely not sue happy, and certainly do not actively "look for something to happen so they can make money". If you were in fact, refering to me. I think there enough bullshit cases in the courts today as it is. If this happened to my child I would have handled it a bit differently. I would have still sued though. You do not serve a child an alcoholic beverage under any circumstance.

The whole licking of the breadbasket part is funny though.

Hulud
01-11-2006, 09:45 AM
i guess you can say goodbye to their $2 house long island ice teas

StreetSweepn
01-11-2006, 09:50 AM
i wasnt refering to you more just stating how everybody sues everybody over bullshit and yeah the licking of the bread basket was the best part of the whole story

thinkfast®
01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
I heard after the food the kid was seen splitting a philly in the parking lot, talkin bout how shit is real in the streets

RISKYB
01-11-2006, 12:39 PM
sue the shit out of em

devinwebb907
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
just thought id share...there still is no lawsuit for this

Ms Dollar
01-11-2006, 10:17 PM
that ius so wrong they shoueld have given the alcohol to meeee