PDA

View Full Version : Canon S80 any thoughts?

Clark94T
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but wanted to hear your thoughts on the Canon S80.

I have a Canon SD400 thats is in rough shape. Cracked screen... but it still takes good pictures. I plan to use this camera for drinking nights so no big deal if something happens to it. I've been really happy with the small size of the camera and the pictures it takes.

Only thing that I wanted was to be able to take some better night time photos. I don't mind going with a slightly larger camera, but I don't want so large that it won't be able to fit in my pocket. I understand I'd have to get a tripod to take adv. of some of the manual features and thats fine. I just don't want to lose the ability to carry it around with me easily when taking other pictures.

So I went ahead and bought the S80. Had it for a week and the sliding function broke. GREAT.... I was very happy w/ the camera, but that pissed me off. Im hesitant to buy another one after that. I returned it and have credit @ amazon.com.

However, I loved the size and the manual features. Any other cameras I should consider that are this small and offer manual features? I've looked around and am out of ideas. Would like to hear any thoughts you guys had and if there are any other cameras I should go check out at the store before I buy. If not I'll probably just go with a Canon sd550 and give up some of the manual features or press my luck and try another S80.

Thanks for your help/opinions,

Clark

4dmin
01-10-2006, 09:17 AM
hey clark check out: www.dpreview.com great site :goodjob: