PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Skyline *US Release*

2micro4u
01-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know when the next Gen Skyline is being released in the US.
*Also is it actualy being released in the US or is just a rumor*
*Any one know around how much it will run.

skillzilla
01-10-2006, 02:00 AM
I dunno but the design has actually grown on me quite a bit. At first I was iffy, now it is OK, in a year m sure Ill love it.

And if anyone has time, post some of the supposed specs on it, ie drivetrain layout, motor numbers, price, etc.

teggy 2nr
01-10-2006, 07:27 AM
i heard it will run on the 4.5 v8 motor twin turbo with around 500 horse......the base price is $87,000 or $78,000 i forget.....read it in a magazine

tony
01-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Thats a photochop someone did on my350z.com. All rumors but from credible sources:

No Skyline name, it will be called the GT-R
In the U.S it will be an Infiniti
3.7L Twin Turbo 450hp
$65,000

Again RUMORS, not the absolute truth. heres a picture on the concept

Cool Cat GTR
01-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Supposed to be released in the U.S. in 2007. Price range is between $60,000 to $100,000. Engine and tranny have not been announced yet. Supposed to have approximately 450hp. Will be called GTR (no Skyline tag) and will be sold under the Infinity franchises.

Nissan is keeping the mechanical data and performance data secret at this point.

CapnNismo
01-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Supposed to be released in the U.S. in 2007. Price range is between $60,000 to $100,000. Engine and tranny have not been announced yet. Supposed to have approximately 450hp. Will be called GTR (no Skyline tag) and will be sold under the Infinity franchises.

Nissan is keeping the mechanical data and performance data secret at this point.
Tripper beat me to it ...

But Nissan has said that NISMO and Lotus will be teaming up on the suspension ... that is the only real confirmed spec that and I believe they have confirmed AWD (90% sure).

SpecV_Scott
01-11-2006, 01:05 AM
It has also been confirmed that it will be FAST AS HELL.

Type-R
01-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting for this thing

skillzilla
01-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting for this thing

hahahaha like I can afford it anyways :) . In all honesty, Im not too hyped on it, nothing super special IMHO.

Cool Cat GTR
01-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm sure the car will be very nice but at what price. The rumored $60,000 to $100,000 is a big variance. Then you have to wait for the aftermarket goodies. I'm still very happy with my RB26DETT powered GTRs. I hope more than anything that Nissan doesn't make them so luxurious that it loses it's performance roots.

CapnNismo
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I sincerely doubt this car will lose it's performance roots ... not since Nissan has built this up so much. If they just flashed the car out at a show and then put it into production in the next model year, I would be worried. But consider they've had the GTR set for re-production since about 2001 (iirc) and they don't plan on releasing it until 2007 as an 08 model. My money is Nissan is going to get it right.

BTLFED
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I'll see what I can actually dig up. I work at Nalley Infiniti.

Speedm0(\)key
01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm sure the car will be very nice but at what price. The rumored $60,000 to $100,000 is a big variance. Then you have to wait for the aftermarket goodies. I'm still very happy with my RB26DETT powered GTRs. I hope more than anything that Nissan doesn't make them so luxurious that it loses it's performance roots.

luxurious?.. thats why nissan seperated Skyline and GT-R

CapnNismo
01-12-2006, 07:25 PM
The GTR has always been a relatively comfortable sports car ... but what Tripper is worried about (from my understanding) is that he is worried that the new GTR will be so luxurious that it will stray too far from the racing lineage that the GTR is known for.

Type-R
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
luxurious?.. thats why nissan seperated Skyline and GT-R

What?

A GT-R is a Nissan Skyline with a Nissan GT-R engine. There is nothing seperate about the two.

Kinda like say for instance.... Honda Civic Si B16A2 and a Honda Civic Type-R B16B. Same junk, differant name, differant stats.

CapnNismo
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
The GTR and the normal Skyline (referring to the R-chassis cars) were two entirely different monsters. Granted, both cars are Skylines of different trim levels (GTS, GTS-T, GTR, etc), the engines and performance you get between the GTS and the GTR are EXTREMELY different, even in the turbocharged GTS models.

But right now in Japan, the Skyline is pretty much a GTS with a different badge (Skyline 350GT). Hence why Nissan is making a big deal of bringing back the GTR. It was retired in 2002 when they stopped producing the R-chassis and it will be a project over five years in the making (original GTR concept was released in 2001).

So calling a GTR just another Skyline amid a crowd of GTSs doesn't quite work when you compare the two cars. They got the same chassis, but the powerplants and drivetrains are too vastly different for them to be the same car like you say with the Civics.

Type-R
01-12-2006, 08:53 PM
The GTR and the normal Skyline (referring to the R-chassis cars) were two entirely different monsters. Granted, both cars are Skylines of different trim levels (GTS, GTS-T, GTR, etc), the engines and performance you get between the GTS and the GTR are EXTREMELY different, even in the turbocharged GTS models.

But right now in Japan, the Skyline is pretty much a GTS with a different badge (Skyline 350GT). Hence why Nissan is making a big deal of bringing back the GTR. It was retired in 2002 when they stopped producing the R-chassis and it will be a project over five years in the making (original GTR concept was released in 2001).

So calling a GTR just another Skyline amid a crowd of GTSs doesn't quite work when you compare the two cars. They got the same chassis, but the powerplants and drivetrains are too vastly different for them to be the same car like you say with the Civics.

It's the SAME car, differant engine. That is exacally what I said and that is EXACALLY what is here.

A GTS is the same exact thing as a GTS-t, one just has a turbo
A GT-R is the same as a GTS but with a differant engine.
Performance specs are OBVIOUSLY differant but point blank it is the SAME car.

Most people get GT-R's confused and think that the R34 is just a GT-R. That infact is untrue. The 34 was produced as not only a GT-R but a GT-25, GT-25t which could be best compared to a GTS/GTS-t.

As stated before, a GT-R is a R32/33/34 or what have you with a GT-R engine, and a badge on the rear end and front grill for 33/34 models.

CapnNismo
01-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Calm down, dude. It's just the intranet.

Type-R
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Calm down, dude. It's just the intranet.

I'm not upset, lol

I'm just trying to help you understand. Not pointing any fingers but a lot of people are mislead about vehicles in Japan as most things over here are significantly differant from what is available outside Japan. Honda has made more weird named/shaped vehicles here than I could possibly name in one day.

2micro4u
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Yo there mad love up in here for the GT-R... Thats whats up. :D

Even if I can't afford it at the moment. It would be nice to see them cruising on the streets, shows. ..and eventualy on the track.

i4_garage
01-12-2006, 10:21 PM
i am suppose to be selling one of my kidneys and my left lung to put a down payment of that.....i have stop drinking coke and stop second hand smoking....so my organs will be in top shape for top dollars......lol

LemonAJAX
01-20-2006, 04:11 PM
all i know is that it look so bad ass.. and if they release it in the US then the $price$ of the old ones will go down and i'll import a R33 or R32.. end of damn story... lol

§treet_§peed
01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
here's alink for more info on the 2007 Skyline!!!http://www.importtuner.com/features/0510_it_skyline/index.html

CapnNismo
01-20-2006, 11:05 PM
that article doesn't say very much at all ...

and what makes you think that the release of the new GTR will make prices for the older models go down???

LemonAJAX
01-20-2006, 11:28 PM
that article doesn't say very much at all ...

and what makes you think that the release of the new GTR will make prices for the older models go down???

if they release them in th US it will make the prices in Japan go down cause we can get the new ones... either way i'm gonna import an R33 someday..

Cool Cat Racing
01-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Ajax your an idiot. The price will go down for the cars in the US but the importation costs is still the same. If you want an R33 there are plenty here that are legal already and will be cheaper and easier to obtain. The price of the R34's here will go down significantly because a car with better performance will be offered new with a warranty. The others will come down but not near as far. And I hear all the time that "I'll get one some day" and of all the people I've heard say that, only one one has. As for the luxury, if you doubt it go look or drive an R34. The GTR has become more luxurious with each new model. You can already say they strayed from the performance roots from the R33 on. Driving both an R33 and an R32 is a completely different experience. This is why they put a little more performance in the R34. I believe the new GTR will be an incredible sports car but we'll have to see exactly where Nissan goes with it. As for the GTR's being the same as the GTS-T's with a different drivetrain, your only part right. The shell is the only thing thats close to the same and even thats slightly different from the RWD cars. Most of the parts on a GTR are specific to the GTR, if you doubt me work on them as much as I do and try to find parts. They can be interchanged but are not the same. That kind of gross over simplification is like saying an evo is the same as a lancer, just with a different engine. Nearly every part of the car is different between the two.

CapnNismo
01-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Thank you Tripper :) Glad to see you're feeling better :D

And there is no "if" the new GTR will come to America. It already is ... Nissan has confirmed it time and again. It's going world wide. That means Europe, Africa, wherever.

auxiliary
01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
I am pretty sure that they are not the excact same car with just different motors.

I am sure if you have a GTS you can not put a GTR motor and Transmission in side of it.

You'll have to keep the RWD transmission.

thank you...

Cool Cat Racing
01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
David, this isn't Tripper. Auxilliary, you can keep the AWD with any R platform car. The main problem is the transfer case not fitting in the tunnel but many people have modified it by denting it in enough to clear it. How many honda guys have to knock dents to fit a motor? Its simply a matter of what your definition of bolt in is.

CapnNismo
01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Then who is it? Ryan?

LemonAJAX
01-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Ajax your an idiot. The price will go down for the cars in the US but the importation costs is still the same. If you want an R33 there are plenty here that are legal already and will be cheaper and easier to obtain. The price of the R34's here will go down significantly because a car with better performance will be offered new with a warranty. The others will come down but not near as far. And I hear all the time that "I'll get one some day" and of all the people I've heard say that, only one one has. As for the luxury, if you doubt it go look or drive an R34. The GTR has become more luxurious with each new model. You can already say they strayed from the performance roots from the R33 on. Driving both an R33 and an R32 is a completely different experience. This is why they put a little more performance in the R34. I believe the new GTR will be an incredible sports car but we'll have to see exactly where Nissan goes with it. As for the GTR's being the same as the GTS-T's with a different drivetrain, your only part right. The shell is the only thing thats close to the same and even thats slightly different from the RWD cars. Most of the parts on a GTR are specific to the GTR, if you doubt me work on them as much as I do and try to find parts. They can be interchanged but are not the same. That kind of gross over simplification is like saying an evo is the same as a lancer, just with a different engine. Nearly every part of the car is different between the two.

wow anywhere in my post did i mention Import Fees.. no, i was only talking about the cars themselves, cause if the car price goes down then the overall price goes down... right??

eViLMunkey
01-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know when the next Gen Skyline is being released in the US.
*Also is it actualy being released in the US or is just a rumor*
*Any one know around how much it will run.

That's one of the performance packages for it.. I've seen 4 different packages offered...

Cool Cat Racing
01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
wow anywhere in my post did i mention Import Fees.. no, i was only talking about the cars themselves, cause if the car price goes down then the overall price goes down... right??
If you couldn't afford one before, you won't be able to afford one afterwards. Even now it is more expensive and time consuming to try to import one than to just buy one already here. When the new GTR comes out here it will affect the pricing here more than the pricing there. The main reason for the high price is the fact that you can't get one any other way over here. In Japan you can get GTR's all over so the release of a new model won't affect the price as much as you think. The R34's in Japan will take a much larger hit than the R33's that you want and the R34's will take a steep dive here. The price on one car generally only drops significantly when the following model is released but isn't affected much when subsequent models are released. If your wanting to properly import an R33 your SOL right now anyways until someone picks up Motorex's tab and takes over because as of right now they're the only ones authorized to do so. I'm sure your going to sit there and spout off shit you've heard about how to properly import a car but I've been dealing with this game longer than you've been thinking about driving so I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you any longer.

AFSil80
01-22-2006, 10:21 PM
If you couldn't afford one before, you won't be able to afford one afterwards.

Said the GT-R0x0r$ God, and on the Third Day, it was so.

Wow, everyone give Ryan a hand, way to resort to personal attacks. Rather than just say 'you're lame' you actually thought something through. I really liked that part about 'I've been doin this longer than you've been thinkin about driving lolz.'

This thread is a fucking joke. Nothing but speculation, wishful thinking and pipe dreams. With a dash of drama.

Just my $0.02.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AFSil80/lamesauce.jpg

CapnNismo
01-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Tell us what you really think, Ryan, lol.

Can't fault any of those comments, either, Peter.

Cool Cat Racing
01-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Its not a personal attack, except me calling him an idiot. He seems to be under the impression that by a new GTR coming out it will drop the prices of current skylines to the point where he could afford one. If he can't afford an R33 now then in 2 years when the new GTR is avalaible, without finding a great job, he won't be able to afford one then. By his age he's still in High School so thats not too likely. A lot of people only look at the purchase cost but fail to ever look at the maintenance. When you deal with it everyday you'll realize how expensive it gets. I just get real tired of every ignorant person saying they'll own one or they know a loophole to import one when both aren't true. It gets old when people call me at least twice a week asking the same questions or post up something like they know what they're talking about. All these people end up the same way, without a skyline and finally understanding why everyone told them it doesn't work that way.

LemonAJAX
01-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Its not a personal attack, except me calling him an idiot. He seems to be under the impression that by a new GTR coming out it will drop the prices of current skylines to the point where he could afford one. If he can't afford an R33 now then in 2 years when the new GTR is avalaible, without finding a great job, he won't be able to afford one then. By his age he's still in High School so thats not too likely. A lot of people only look at the purchase cost but fail to ever look at the maintenance. When you deal with it everyday you'll realize how expensive it gets. I just get real tired of every ignorant person saying they'll own one or they know a loophole to import one when both aren't true. It gets old when people call me at least twice a week asking the same questions or post up something like they know what they're talking about. All these people end up the same way, without a skyline and finally understanding why everyone told them it doesn't work that way.

yes i'm still in highschool (which i Graduate this year) and i dont plan on getting one until AFTER college.. so i've still got 4-5 years.. but for me it's a toss-up between an R33 and a Mercury Marauder (they are bad as shit too..) .. and btw your right i know nothing of importing cars.. and i was not aware that there was only one company authorized to import skylines.. also if you find me a skyline in this country.. i'll find a way to own it.. and dont say a junk yard.. every skyline i've seen in a junk yard is totaled with more than likely frame damage.. and more than likely has a leaking turbo.. and i'd rather have a supra over a skyline cause the thought of a right-side drive scares me honestly.. but you right i probalbly wont end up with a skyline.. but i more than likely will get a Marauder and it will be plenty fast..

Cool Cat Racing
01-23-2006, 02:34 PM
When you have the money to buy one I can easily find you one that is for sale. Until you have the money in hand talking about it is just that and isn't worth my time.

wantboost
01-23-2006, 02:43 PM
^^^ I like your shop man and this guy is an idiot but [QUOTE] but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you any longer.[QUOTE]Until you have the money in hand talking about it is just that and isn't worth my time.[QUOTE] ur just getting a little redundant

AFSil80
01-23-2006, 04:39 PM

Type-R
01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I am pretty sure that they are not the excact same car with just different motors.

I am sure if you have a GTS you can not put a GTR motor and Transmission in side of it.

You'll have to keep the RWD transmission.

thank you...

Same car, sorry.

Type-R
01-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Find a RI/ICI willing to do the paper work and conversions;
http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResultsSimple.cfm

Do some more searching and you'll find the .pdf document about DOT reconsidering the eligibility of all Skylines with the exception of 96-98 (R33's).

The data is available to submitt a petition, it's possible and it's costly.

$10,000 got my RX-7 in ;)

Cool Cat Racing
01-24-2006, 08:27 AM
^^^ I like your shop man and this guy is an idiot but [QUOTE] but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you any longer.[QUOTE]Until you have the money in hand talking about it is just that and isn't worth my time.[QUOTE] ur just getting a little redundant
When you take two posts out of context, yes it seems redundant. When you Read the posts it doesn't. One was saying I'm not arguing with him about how to legalize skylines or the differences between them. The next post is about a different topic, him buying a skyline. If he wants one and has the money I can find him one of the more than 40 legal R33's in the country that the owner is willing to sell. There I was simply telling him that until he has the money in hand and wants to spend it on a skyline its nothing more than a pipe dream and isn't worth my time talking about it. When he has the money it is.

CapnNismo
01-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, because then when he has the money, you can charge a finder's fee! :D

CapnNismo
03-11-2006, 09:33 AM
btw, the motor for the new GT-R has been announced.

It will be the VQ32DETT ... told you :)

tony
03-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Got a source for that info? I cant find it anywhere

Mattlanta
03-24-2006, 12:01 PM
:headslap:

:rant: < You guys are loosing the simple point...

Regardless of the difference between the Skyline models, the POINT is that the new one will not be a Skyline anything... It will be the GT-R only!!!

No motor/tranny (or chassis) options... just the GT-R, and so, we will never have the Skyline here in America, but we will get the new GT-R

bdydrpdmazda
07-18-2006, 01:32 PM
The new GT-R will cost $70,000 and it will have a highly modified version of the VQ35 that will have twin turbos. It is set to come out in 2007 and is expected to look almost identical to the concept version. Theres a great article about it in the new Sport Compact Car magazine.

N/A EK
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
more pic's of the gt-r
http://www.yamaguchi.net/archives/images/nissan_gt_r06.jpg

http://www.yamaguchi.net/archives/images/nissan_gt_r05.jpg

http://www.yamaguchi.net/archives/images/nissan_gt_r03.jpg

bdydrpdmazda
07-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah, for all those who swore that it would be an Infinity were wrong, it will be released with a Nissan badge. NISSAN FTW!!!!!!!

Keebs ð¿ð
07-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Yea, Nissan got it back. It was suppose to be released as an Infiniti but somewhere down the road it got the Nissan badge back. I still like it regardless, but I'll probably never own one

bdydrpdmazda
07-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Ill own one!!!!!!!!

sean8564
07-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I was never to be relased as a infinti Carlos Goshan sent out the email like 6 months ago to all HQ employees that it was only to be a nissan that is why the New G35 will be another car in japan and not the skyline. In Japan these cars are still suppose to be badged as a Nissan GTR. As a test to see if for the second time in the Skylines history the GTR can be seperated this happened in the 70's

2micro4u
07-20-2006, 07:22 AM
I was never to be relased as a infinti Carlos Goshan sent out the email like 6 months ago to all HQ employees that it was only to be a nissan that is why the New G35 will be another car in japan and not the skyline. In Japan these cars are still suppose to be badged as a Nissan GTR. As a test to see if for the second time in the Skylines history the GTR can be seperated this happened in the 70's
Thats some good info

tony
07-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Still a bad move to make it a Nissan.. coming from someone who has owned an Infiniti and is in the market for the next GT-R, I care more about service than a name and a lot of people looking at this car feel the same way.

If Infiniti releases a car similar to the GT-R I would go with that in a heart beat, I'm hoping that will come true since Infiniti will become a global brand for Nissan.

sean8564
07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
this is true that the us based infinty dose get better service but you have to look as to why nissan needed infinti in the first place. Forgien automakers are oly allowed so many cars in America to compeat with the US auto makers. Now Infinti is just a over priced Nissan just as lexus with toyota. just an example
J30= Nissan lepard
Q45= nissan President F-50 and G-50 and the Y-33 chassis is the CIMA
G20= Nissan primeria P-10 and p-11 chassis
G35= Nissan skyline GT350 NOw here they did not produce the in the V35 chassis the 300 GT as well as the VQ25DD V6 modles
these cars around the world are nissan except for america also if youo look in the american mentality of cars they will not pay 60K plus for a honda or a Nissan that is because it is a japanese car and inferior to all other cars. Americans think since the japanese market is really for economy cars then i am not going to pay a lot for them that is why Nissan made Infinti so they could up charge on there better cars.

Type-R
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
The cars are all the same, don't let the political dealership names fool you. It's all the same here where they are made.

If you are really hard up for service center support and quality then I wouldn't even go near a dealership, everything is over priced and work is all biased and estimated that the owner is automotive retarted.

Do the work yourself or take it to a performance shop :-)

Type-R
07-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Now Infinti is just a over priced Nissan just as lexus with toyota. just an example

Excellent example

tony
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Infiniti is over priced? Considering all you get with a G35 or and M45 and what else is on the market they are very under priced and a great bargain, anything comparable is about $10k more.

bdydrpdmazda
07-21-2006, 09:20 AM
the luxury you get when buying an infiniti is well worth the higher price. the 350z is nothing compared to the class and luxury that the g35 brings to the table for a slightly higher price but I like the fact that the GT-R will be a nissan.

N/A EK
07-21-2006, 09:41 AM
:stupid:

Elbow
07-25-2006, 09:51 AM
The more I see the concept photos I like it.

japjimi916
09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
theyre selling them in japan in the fall of 2007 and theyre releasing them in the u.s. and canada in the fall of 2008