PDA

View Full Version : Misc breaking a lease?

SwiftGTiRacer
01-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Is there any secret to getting out of a lease? I moved into this shitty appt. in FL cause it was all I could find and etc. Now i got a pay raise and found some decent apartments but i can't seem to get out of my lease without loosing my security deposit. Does anyone know of any secrets?

Swifty

brads94accord
01-09-2006, 08:59 PM
um...other than loosing your deposit...no. its a lease, you signed it sating you would pay rent for that given amount of time. there is always some sort of consequence for breaking a contract unless of course you aren't of majority(aka a minor) which im sure your probably aren't. im not in real-estate but after taking business law last semester and spending almost the entire semester on contract law thats my take on it

quickdodgeŽ
01-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I simply talked to my landlord last year when I broke my lease. She let me go without holding my deposit. Later, QD.

SwiftGTiRacer
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
oh, my landlord is a dick! the heating system in my apartment broke and is beyond fixing so instead of letting me out of the lease he gave me 2 space heaters. I said thats not good enough. So i go and talk to the city and there is no code against it. then i talked to an attorney and they told me i have a 50/50 chance of winning in court and judges normally lean torward the landlord in a case like this. So basically i'm screwed. The only thing i can think of is having a housing inspector come and try to find whatever he can wrong with the place.

Swifty

Julio
01-10-2006, 07:08 PM
have someone break into your place... easy fix.

punkr6
02-08-2006, 09:32 PM
there is a law in ga. that if you buy a house,you can break your lease with no problems