PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from emergancy surgery

chrisdavis
04-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Friday night I wasnt feeling to well and it got worse as the night went on. The pain got so bad that I didnt even argue with my wife about going to the ER Sat morning. We got there at 10 am and by 5pm I was in the operating room having my appendix removed. I found out that it had burst 2 days prior and I was very close to having major problems. The doctor told me I was very lucky that I came in when I did. I finally got to come home this morning and cant go back to work for a week and then I'll be on light duty for about a month.

Bishop
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Wow. Glad to hear you are ok

drupason
04-11-2005, 10:15 AM
glad you got fixed up! hopefully you will have a speedy recovery

Leisa
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Glad you are ok... that shit dont play!

blacknightteg
04-11-2005, 10:19 AM
yeah dude i hated that shit, i had my appendix taken out. i thought something else was wrong but then when i got to the emergancy room and after xrays n shit, found out it was my appendix, i didnt go into surgery till 7 that morning, but it was gay....i as in the hospital for bout 3 days after that, and to top it all off, apparently i had an tumor on the tip of my appendix.....but neways glad your ok man, take it easy

chrisdavis
04-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys. It was probably the scariest experience that Ive been thru.

kilpatty43
04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
man glad youre ok

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Lolol. Glad you're still cool. Later, QD.

AtifSajid
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
What was the pain like, and where did the pain start to occur? Any things to look out for...like what caused it? How did you feel..reason I ask is just to be on the look out..I know it hurt like shit and all that, but im kind of looking for specifics, because I dont know anyone who has been through this.

Kevykev
04-11-2005, 11:52 AM
oh shit glad to hear that you're ok man.

Scrappy
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
mine burst and i did not know what the pain was and kept letting it slide... came to find out after my body went into shock and could not even move a finger on demand that it had burst... it is a scary thing if not treated right away... glad you are okay man!

trythefly
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
My co-workers daughter just had hers removed friday as well. Her's burst also. scary shit when you are a 9 yr old I bet.....

mocha latte cupcake
04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
glad your ok man, will be prayin for a fast recovery.

chrisdavis
04-11-2005, 12:14 PM
What was the pain like, and where did the pain start to occur? Any things to look out for...like what caused it? How did you feel..reason I ask is just to be on the look out..I know it hurt like shit and all that, but im kind of looking for specifics, because I dont know anyone who has been through this.

I didnt feel it when it burst. Friday night I felt nauseus but I thought it was because I went a long time without eating, so we went out to eat. Afterwards I still felt queasy and as the night went on my stomach got real bloated and sore. I finally started to vomit and it was my dinner from that night which should have digested hours earlier. My digestive system had shut down and the food had nowhere to go. After I finished throwing up my dinner and my stomach wasnt the primary pain I noticed that my entire abdomen
was sore as hell. As I sat in the ER the pain moved across my abdomen from the left side(stomach) over to the lower right side which is where your appendix is located. The pain is unbearable, even after they injected me with morphine I was still in pain. It took three injections before it finally took the pain away.

Dragonfly5338
04-11-2005, 12:15 PM
that sucks, dude. same thing happened to me. mine ruptured while i was waiting in the ER for the doctor and i had to be rushed into emergency surgery. painful stuff, hope you have an easy recovery, man.

Brett
04-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Glad your okay man!!

Cliff
04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
good to hear you're aight man...at least you only had a 5 minute or less drive to the er

4dmin
04-11-2005, 01:25 PM
what is the cause of the appendix to burst?

ruah_23
04-11-2005, 02:09 PM
What's the cause of the burst appendix??

Pedal
04-11-2005, 02:18 PM
damn man sorry to hear glad you are feeling ok.... give me a call if i can help with anything

Julio
04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Only a week off work? fuck that, You will still be in pain. I had mines removed a couple of years ago. I was out for a month and some change...

Lortabs rule though.

Dragonfly5338
04-11-2005, 03:23 PM
what is the cause of the appendix to burst?

Just depends. Mine was because popcorn seeds got stuck in it, and then it got inflamed and finally burst.

chrisdavis
04-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Only a week off work? fuck that, You will still be in pain. I had mines removed a couple of years ago. I was out for a month and some change...

Lortabs rule though.

They never told me what caused it to burst and I never thought to ask.

And they did laposcopic(sp) surgery. They went in thru my belly button and two other small incisions. The recovery time is a third of of what the trditional method is.

uncle_el
04-12-2005, 11:14 AM
appendicitis is pretty common, as an appendectomy is one of the bread and butter procedures of a general surgeon.

the thought is that generally, some food gets into the appendix and gets stuck. the bacteria there (as there are bacteria all over the small and large intestine) get trapped, and get a nice source of food/energy. this combined causes inflammation, which causes the pain. the longer the bacteria get to be there and be happy, the more inflammation they cause, and the more stretched the appendix gets. the more it stretches, the weaker it gets. at some point, without intervention, it will burst.

the general thought is that once the appendix bursts, there is somewhere between 4-10 hours to get the person to surgery. if not, local infection spreads, the person becomes septic and can go into septic shock... not a pretty thing (and btw, is what killed the pope, albeit his source of septic shock was not appendicitis).

what to look out for: uncontrollable nausea, and vomiting, followed by what chrisdavis already pointed out- generalized abdominal pain (pain all over the abdomen) that gradually localizes to the right lower quadrant (pain on the lower right side of the abdomen). from every patient i've had with appendicitis, and people i know otherwise that have experienced it, the pain is unbearable.

Julio
04-12-2005, 11:26 AM

And they did laposcopic(sp) surgery. They went in thru my belly button and two other small incisions. The recovery time is a third of of what the trditional method is.

same as me. One thing though, One day after surgery and I was back home, I had a photoshoot with the civic, And I someway somehow drove about 6 miles from my house to the location of shoot. they took the pics, I got a check I went home and the pain was worst. I was a dumbass for doing that much. But the check was nice.
BTW, My bill was 22k.

Julio
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM

Hey, did you have to drink that nasty white shit before surgery, God I almost died, drinking that shit.

And I hope your private part was shaved hahahahhahaha

Scrappy
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
haha a weeks recovery?! wtf hes smokin crack then... because mine took 3 weeks and a day... still was in a little pain but enough to sit in class but not work still... hope everything is all good?!?! and julio TMI there buddy on the privates ;)

chrisdavis
04-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey, did you have to drink that nasty white shit before surgery, God I almost died, drinking that shit.

And I hope your private part was shaved hahahahhahaha

Yeah I had to drink that nasty ass shit. 40 oz worth and hold it down till the cat scan was done, which I barely managed to do

chrisdavis
04-12-2005, 01:31 PM
haha a weeks recovery?! wtf hes smokin crack then... because mine took 3 weeks and a day... still was in a little pain but enough to sit in class but not work still... hope everything is all good?!?! and julio TMI there buddy on the privates ;)

They wanted me to stay out of work for two weeks I got them to release me to go back to work on light duty in a week. They also did went in thru my belly button instead of making a big incision in my side which greatly reduces the recovery time from about 12 weeks to less than 6 for a full recovery.

Scrappy
04-12-2005, 01:32 PM
they went through my belly too... one little scar in the belly button and one right above my whoohoo... and trust me that scar will heal yeah great, but you turn sideways and you will kick yourself in the face for doing it... TRUST ME AND JULIO!

trythefly
04-12-2005, 01:34 PM
lol you said whoohoo

Scrappy
04-12-2005, 01:48 PM
some people get offended and i know most females dont like some words... and i said i am behaving on IA :D

trythefly
04-12-2005, 01:54 PM
what like cunt, snapper, cuder, slit, pussy???????/

LOL

blacknightteg
04-12-2005, 02:18 PM
dude i hated that white shit i had to drink....i had drinkin the whole damn thing, and then threw that shit up so i had to drink it all over gain, NOT COOL damn cat scan

Scrappy
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
my shit wasnt white, i had cherry flavor but it was still horrible and i threw up right after also... gettig that drink into my system took mor etime than the surgery i bet...