PDA

View Full Version : Question about Root Canals???

silver
01-09-2006, 12:35 PM
I am going to the dentist at 3:30 for a last minute root canal... since I haven't really planned on getting one so soon, I have not gotten the chance to research it that much... I know it's probably different for everyone, but I was wondering if anyone here has had one and what I should expect.. maybe not so much as what to expect at the dentist, but like later today or the next day? anyone?

The Yousef
01-09-2006, 12:36 PM
...it's the most excruiating pain one can go through!!!!!!!

...j/k
i have no earthly idea

{X}Echo419
01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I got 1 a few years ago and it didn't hurt at all. it was a little sore a few days later. I just chewed on the other side. I think the Dr. gave me some meds 2! :D . don't worry it isn't bad at all :goodjob:

Brett
Think of the worst pain you have ever felt. Multiply that by 1,000,000,000 :D

Nemesis
You have a chance of them pinching a nerve and losing all the feeling on your right or left side of your body permanently. But thats only a 35 percent chance of happening.

kelly marie
01-09-2006, 12:40 PM
omg honey.. lol everyone is so mean.. they do them everyday so dont worry!! you will get great drugs!! lol

Brett
01-09-2006, 12:40 PM
You have a chance of them pinching a nerve and losing all the feeling on your right or left side of your body permanently. But thats only a 35 percent chance of happening.

I thought it was 45%

Leisa
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Heather, I pray that you have dental insurance... I say this because I work for a dental insurance company and I have seen claims come in showing a root canal can cost up to 1500.00... And I will say this, as long as the endodontist knows what they are doing, you should have minimal pain....

JustinSane110™
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I thought it was 45%
Ehh, we'll just call it 40% to be on the safe side, lol.

The Yousef
01-09-2006, 12:45 PM
I thought it was 45%

i thought it was 75%?

silver
01-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Heather, I pray that you have dental insurance... I say this because I work for a dental insurance company and I have seen claims come in showing a root canal can cost up to 1500.00... And I will say this, as long as the endodontist knows what they are doing, you should have minimal pain....

I am coming out of pocket $900.. which isnt that bad to how much it would cost if I didn't have insurance, lol...

Leisa
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
holy shit.. girl... www.compbenefits.com ... go there and get you some dental insurance...lol

silver
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
i thought it was 75%?

:lmfao: ok guys.. you all are really funny, lol!

quickdodge®
01-09-2006, 12:54 PM
holy shit.. girl... www.compbenefits.com ... go there and get you some dental insurance...lol

No advertising by non-site sponsers, goddamnit. As per site rules. You can get banned for this type of shit.

Later, QD.

{X}Echo419
01-09-2006, 12:59 PM
No advertising by non-site sponsers, goddamnit. As per site rules. You can get banned for this type of shit.

Later, QD.

I don't think she's a sponsor/employee of that site? I mean "The Varsity" isn't an offical sponsor and we talk about it all the time. :iaowns:
ICBW

Leisa
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Later, QD.

[hangs head down in shame].... Im sorry QD...lol

Brett
She works for that company, and Mike, You ban her, I will ban you!! :lmfao:

quickdodge®
I don't think she's a sponsor/employee of that site? I mean "The Varsity" isn't an offical sponsor and we talk about it all the time. :iaowns:
ICBW

See! I told you that you were a goddamn idiot! This was another fuccin joke you fuccing moron. LOLOLOLOL @ you. AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can't stop at your idiocy. LOLOLOL!!!!!! Later, QD.

BTW:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/damnidiot.jpg

The Yousef
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
:lmfao: ok guys.. you all are really funny, lol!

..sad part is i'm not kidding :eek:

quickdodge®
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM

Listen here, chump. No preferential treatment is given here, lolol. And she can stay, only because she is Leisa, not because she is Mr. MUTHAFUCCIN Clean's wife. Lolol. Later, QD.Later, QD.

JustinSane110™
01-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh snap!!

See! I told you that you were a goddamn idiot! This was another fuccin joke you fuccing moron. LOLOLOLOL @ you. AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can't stop at your idiocy. LOLOLOL!!!!!! Later, QD.

BTW:

Oh snap part 2!!!

Leisa
01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Listen here, chump. No preferential treatment is given here, lolol. And she can stay, only because she is Leisa, not because she is Mr. MUTHAFUCCIN Clean's wife. Lolol. Later, QD.Later, QD.

awww you are too too kind :)

:yay: :yay: :yay: I can stay!

Brett
01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I just read on a dentist website the risk is now 85% of loosing all body function and having to live in a wheel chair after the operation.

silver
01-09-2006, 01:38 PM
I just read on a dentist website the risk is now 85% of loosing all body function and having to live in a wheel chair after the operation.

Oh really.. that sucks.. well as long as I have feeling in at least one of my hands to take care of things... I'll be aight

SniperJoe
01-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Heather, don't worry about it. I had one done a few years ago and it wasn't bad. It isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

apex
01-09-2006, 02:08 PM
had one last year..its tiresome, brutal (lots of force is used to work the pulp out), and EXPENSIVE....

BTEC
01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I am coming out of pocket $900.. which isnt that bad to how much it would cost if I didn't have insurance, lol...
i got the hookup. dude told me hell do mine for a lil over 500. lol!!! and yes hes a real dentist. im thinking, pull tooth for $100 and spend other $400 on making car faster. lol!!!

{X}Echo419
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM

BTW:

well excuse me. sorry if I didn't pick up your shitty attempt at scarcasim.
maybe if you wern't such an ASSHOLE TO EVERYONE ELSE IN EVERY OTHER THREAD, I wouldn't have thought you were serious.

btw: if I was an idot(although compared to you I'm a fuccing genuis) I could learn something today and become smart, and tomrrow you sir will still be a faggot.

quickdodge®
01-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Another ill-attempt, dummy? You're the only jackass that I am an asshole to, cuz you, bitch, deserve it. Later, QD.

silver
01-09-2006, 06:51 PM

I thought it was 45%

Ehh, we'll just call it 40% to be on the safe side, lol.

i thought it was 75%?

Just an fyi to you guys… I can still walk and I still have all feeling in my body where I am supposed to have feeling, lol

quickdodge®
01-09-2006, 07:07 PM
^^^ The effects are called "after-effects" for a reason. On average, it usually takes about 24-48 hours for any paralysis to take affect. If it does. You will notice it happening if, when you go to bed, you wake up feeling tired, you have stuff in the corners of your eyes, and you have a wet spot on your pillow from drooling because you couldn't feel the drool coming out so you could suck it back in. Later, QD.