PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Even more bad luck....Look out!

absolude
04-11-2005, 06:29 AM
As if things could get any worse, right? Well I finally get to work yesterday; a few hours late because of my whole flat situation. I park my car in a parking deck (at Lenox) and guess what? SOMEONE STOLE IT!!!! I was there for 4 hours, and someone stole my baby. I freaked out for like fifteen minutes, kept telling myself I parked somewhere else, but I knew I had parked there.
Of course, I called the Police. After the typical delay, they arrived. I noticed a fishy Legend parked next to me (or where I was) and told the Officer that the windows were down, doors unlocked, and lots of valuables sitting in the car. Well, it turns out the Legend was stolen earlier on Sunday, and the person decided to upgrade (or downgrade, lol) to my Prelude. Full tank of gas, and three brand new tires too... Goddamnit! I hope they get seriously injured and wrap her around a tree. I know it's not right to wish bad things on other people, but I think this is an exception to the rule... SO LOOK OUT, all of you people with cars out there- someone is watching you. I guess instead of buying that last tank of gas, I would have been better off buying a marta card. :(

brittoknee
04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
ouch... absolude from ti???? if so... i feel ya... :cry:

B16a2 Civic
04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
danm mayne, sorry to hear dat, been in that situation.....try postin pics of ya ride so people can look out for it on here...this will give you a better chance of gettin it back

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Did you not see that your other thread was moved to it's appropriate section? That's where this belongs, too, man. Later, QD.

The Yousef
04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
dude...holy crap! hope they catch those bastards....i hope ur lude returns safely back in you possession....

Greddypacked
04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Im sorry for ya mang. I know i get scared leaving my ride in certain area's just cuz of this. My only suggestion for next time is get that bad ass Viper alarm system that has a screen remote that vibrates when your ride is tampered w/ and even tells you which part of the car is being messed w/. Then you can run outside w/ a baseball bat and hit a homer!

absolude
04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
thanks for the sympathy. sorry its not in the right place, and yep- Britt, its absolude from TICC. I think I will invest in that bad ass Viper system you were talking about. Thats if I ever get my poor Jessica back. So here is the pic. Only thing that is different are the rims. Chrome Lexanis (17). Its pretty obvious. There are silver Altezza's, magnaflow exhaust. There is a Batman plate on the front of the car (i know, thats pretty lame....) Here is a pics. I hope no one will freak out about the size or anything....
Oh- a friend of mine was watching the news and saw a story about a guy driving a stolen Maxima, and he ran into a Police Officer. This happened in Buckhead, at Lenox and Buford. Thats right up the street from Lenox Mall. The guy was shot by officers while fleeing. BASTARD!!!! Hopefully the person will come forward.

Bishop
04-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that man. I work off of lenox road, right next to 400. Glad i have a shitty car and i really wouldnt care that much if someone stole it. Hope you get your ride back and i will be looking out for it

brittoknee
04-12-2005, 11:20 AM
post it on TiCC as well... we'll keep our eyes out... i'm close to lenox so yeah.... spread the word!

Tracy
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
dang it! I'm sorry!

absolude
04-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks all. I appreciate it. BTW Britt, whenever I go to the website, it will not let me post a new topic...WTF?

trythefly
04-12-2005, 02:16 PM
sux man

endless
04-13-2005, 07:46 AM
one of my friends delsols got hit yesterday in the parking lot at perimeter. it had just been primed at sprayglow. its got a vis carbon hood, full kit, and like i said it had just been primed. Any tips and help are appreciated.
im wondering if these are connected at all.

absolude
04-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I doubt there is a connection. Sux for him though. At least he still has his car though...

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
when he meant hit, i think he meant to say hit up.....as in his car got stolen too....any updates on your situation though?

absolude
04-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Oh, wow. That puts him in my basket. Hmmm, you know there might be a connection. There has been a sharp increase in car theft/jackings in Atlanta. This is what the investigating officer said, and the news reported it as well. People are nuts... and it seems as though these thieves are going after older cars. My car is a '93, the Legend stolen prior to mine is a '93. The Maxima stolen on Monday was 95-99. And now your friend's 93-97 Del Sol.I wonder though. I remember the post someone made earlier about car clubs devoted to stealing and parting out other people's cars, perhaps is true.
But to update- there is no news. None other than my insurance confirming that I don't even have a claim to make. It turns out there is no clause in liability insurance for theft. Kinda crazy IMO. Insurance is supposed to protect one from things that are out of one's control. Theft is one thing that is inarguably out of one's control.... You should get some pics up of your friend's car. We will look out for it. Or maybe we should get a new forum- one devoted to stolen cars and recovery....

absolude
04-13-2005, 09:29 AM
and of course, he was in a mall parking lot.... damn

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2005, 09:31 AM
thats a good idea about that forum, you should talk to the mods about that, there was a article in honda tuning like an issue back talkin about alot of thefts and the cars gettin parted...i know here in columbus, car theft isn't that big, but at one point a few Si's were stolen, luckily mine wasn't

brittoknee
04-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks all. I appreciate it. BTW Britt, whenever I go to the website, it will not let me post a new topic...WTF?

are you signed in correctly?... there's been some issues with the site being .net now and all... i'll pm jason about it later...

absolude
04-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes- I am using the same one I got more than a year ago... I can't respond or create a new discussion. Its working okay for you?

brittoknee
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM
ya.. just fine... weirdness.. pm jason about it

speedminded
04-14-2005, 06:12 AM
gd will this shit quit happening, i can't possibly disable anything else on my car or it's going to be completely taken apart! Can you post a pic of it?

absolude
04-14-2005, 09:27 AM
if u r talking about my car-

accordsti
04-14-2005, 02:29 PM
damn that sucks, my aunts montero, camry, and GS430 got broken into last week they were all in the driveway with about $600 stolen from the montero and the camry was in the middle of the road, dumb ass robbers die!!!!!

absolude
04-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Good News All!!!

APD found my car this evening. It was abandoned in "fair" condition up in Gwinnett County. Sorry they didn't find the bastards who did it though. If you are out there and reading this though:

You might be able to get away with crime for all of your life, but trust and believe that it WILL catch up to you. Maybe not even before you die, but Karma can be a bitch. If you think stealing other people's possessions is ok, then they have a place in Hell for you. Stealing is never ok. Hopefully my car will be in order, and all, or most of my stuff will be there. I can't believe they want to charge me an impound fee, but whatever though... Thank God!!! Now, can someone point me in the direction of the nearest VIPER dealer?

speedminded
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
That's good, now how do they handle a stolen recovery...? Sometimes it is salvaged even if there is no visible damage. I guess that all depends on the insurance coverage too.

absolude
04-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, I can fairly safely assume that I will be fine going to get the car in the morning. MY insurance agent was a complete dick. He did not file anything anyway, so I don't think it will be a salvage or anything.