PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Civic SI

mivec3g
04-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Has anyone seen the new concpt for the new SI? If you ask me, it is the best SI ever to come out. It will be in America for sale in Nov(projected). I just wanted to know anyone elses insight on this one. I drive a 2005 Civic VP right now and am thinking on trading it in for this. Any thoughts?

Negrodamus
04-11-2005, 12:50 AM
http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/images/06si1.jpg

http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/images/06si3.jpg

http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/images/06si4.jpg

That Bitch looks hard as hell

mi4dub
04-11-2005, 01:01 AM
I am lovin the looks of the new Si
looks like cross between audi tt and scion tc.
not doggin the previous gen owners but i bet Si lovers r lovin the makeover.

mivec3g
04-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Yea I mean this car has got me pissed off that I didn't wait to but it instead, but hows was I to know about it right? The new SI will have stock 18" alluminum rims, sloted roters, 4-piston bremdo calipers, a 200hp, 8000redline i-vtec engine. This is going to be the most sought after SI since the 99-00.

mi4dub
04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
yuppers... few people i know are ready to trade in their dc5's for the new and improved si.

Cliff
04-11-2005, 11:05 PM
the new si won't have 18's brembos or slotted rotors i guarantee it just wait...also headlights will not be blacked out and no spoiler....oh well concept is still hot but i liked my 2000 just fine

Bleh
04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
yeah it looks damn good

Code3
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
hottness right there. :bowdown:

they did it right.

soul
04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Anything other than the Mini Odyessy will work for me

Brett
04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Yea I mean this car has got me pissed off that I didn't wait to but it instead, but hows was I to know about it right? The new SI will have stock 18" alluminum rims, sloted roters, 4-piston bremdo calipers, a 200hp, 8000redline i-vtec engine. This is going to be the most sought after SI since the 99-00.

Incorrect sir... The new SI will NOT HAVE all the flashy show shit you see, and if you want to see it in person, its on display at the auto show. Looks great in person. But it will not make production with the Brembo Brakes, 18 Inch Wheels, Center Mount Exhaust, That Spoiler.... and other things like shaved handles and you can bet the black out headlights and tails wont make it also, But IT WILL have the 200hp motor and you are looking at a 90% of what the actual car will look like, Minus the 10% of show shit you see on it now... But its old news, Car pics of this have been around for almost 6 months now :D

Vteckidd
04-15-2005, 08:23 AM
your joking right, I HIGHLY doubt itll come with 4 pistons calipers. THere is rumor itll come with the RXS TYPE-S MOTOR, but i highly doubt it as well, i would expect a 180hp detuned Type-S motor so as not to compete with the RSX sales.

I HIGHLY doubt itll come with 18in wheels either. there is talk of an OPTION for the bigger wheels, but thats all. what you are seeing is a CONCEPT of what itll be like. From my info the mody will stay the same as pictured for the most part, expect moinor changes to the nose an rear, but everything else is still up in the air. if youremember this time last year honda announced their "coupe SI" for 2005, that was very similar, and it never came out.

If honda does come out with this version of the SI , why the fuck would anyone by an RSX S? TRADITIONALLY honda has always tried to keep the sticker price of a civic UNDER 20k. this car will go for 25k+ if they keep everything on it like the brembo calipers , 18 inch wheels, etc.

SO in closing, dont hold your breath, ill belive it when i see it

Brandon C
04-15-2005, 10:16 AM
I agree also Brett The Reason it has shaved handles right now is there is no Interior..as Told To Me From the Honda Rep..Yes this one will make production but as listed above none of the Brake package and wheel package will be on it but yes there will be a 200hp motor in it and a 6 speed transmission.

A.P. Photography
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
TRADITIONALLY honda has always tried to keep the sticker price of a civic UNDER 20k. this car will go for 25k+ if they keep everything on it like the brembo calipers , 18 inch wheels, etc.

SO in closing, dont hold your breath, ill belive it when i see it
Have you seen the prices of the new civics latley, they are already pushing close to $25k

Vteckidd
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Have you seen the prices of the new civics latley, they are already pushing close to $25k
baseline civics are around 17k, SIs you can get them for 21k brand new, Sticker price is one thing im tlaking about what hondas SUGGESTED retail is. IE not dealer markups

speedminded
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I agree also Brett The Reason it has shaved handles right now is there is no Interior..as Told To Me From the Honda Rep...That entire car is bullshit...nothing more than a rolling poster. What you saw at the carshow was a combination of steel square tubing, plywood, & 1 x 4's with some sheet metal and plexi-glass layed over it....