PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Brakes on a 99 accord

accordon17s
01-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Could anyone tell me what tools i will need to do a brake job on my accord.... I dont know if there are any special tools that i will need if so where can i get them....

HyPer50
01-06-2006, 06:58 PM
to do what exactly? pads/rotors? if so... all you'll need is a wrench or socket/ratchet to remove the caliper/bracket if it has one, and a C-clamp to push the caliper piston back when it comes time to put everything back together... i'm pretty sure the 99 accord has floating rotors so no need to fuck with the bearings.

accordon17s
01-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Ok cool... all i am doin is pads, i just didnt know if there was anything special i might need to get before i took my calipers off and then needed a special took wit no way of gettin to a parts store.....

HyPer50
01-08-2006, 02:20 AM
Nah, if all your going to do is pads... you just got to take the 2 bolts that attach the caliper to the bracket out, take the old pads out, use a c-clamp or some big pliers and push the caliper piston back.. pop the new pads in and put it back together.. easy stuff. Now if your doing rear disk... not sure if the 99 accords have rear disk or not, but if so, alot of rear disk brakes have the pistons that need to be twisted back, which requires a special tool... so just be aware of that.