PDA

View Full Version : Engine check (dc2)

IntegraXTR
01-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Ok, so we put in a skunk2 manifold in my car (b18c1) 2 days ago, did exactly what skunk2 sent us and also checked honda-tech to make sure, well, considering my car is a 96', skunk2 sent special instructions on how to install due to the EVAP and PCV not just plugging and play, anyways we used a "T" to connect the two and plug it up....So all sensors are on and working, also replaced the intake manifold gasket, cleaned it out with carb cleaner, plug up everything, refill the antifreeze, and cranked the car. Everything runs GREAT, no weird idle problem (skunk2 stated that if you're idle is crazy its due to a vacuum line) or anything. Test drove it and it sounds good too. Get all the way home and the engine check light pops on :confused:, so did a little research and most of the response is that the ECU is searching for the secondaries/butterflies and for maximum results to get a P28 chipped, meaning I would have to convert to OBD-1. So what yall think? Is the light on because its searching for the secondaries? I mean the car runs excellent, no problems what so ever.

speedminded
01-06-2006, 11:18 AM
My CEL would go on and off randomly when i first did my swap....i was still using a P72 GS-R ECU. I looked over the lines a couple times then sat aside the following saturday to make it right since the code was something to do with that. Within minutes i saw that on that was capped off shouldn't have been and one of the lines was crossed...i ended up buying a T from napa and made them right (what i thought to be anyways) and the CEL went off...got the P73 ECU and it's still been fine.

IntegraXTR
01-06-2006, 12:14 PM
hmm, soooooo are you saying that you agree that its the secondaries? Because I really don't want to convert my car to ond-1 just because I want to leave it where its at, if running a p73 would help then I will go buy one, but I'm very picky and would like for the cel to go away. Help me out jason, let me know wsup.

speedminded
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM
hmm, soooooo are you saying that you agree that its the secondaries? Because I really don't want to convert my car to ond-1 just because I want to leave it where its at, if running a p73 would help then I will go buy one, but I'm very picky and would like for the cel to go away. Help me out jason, let me know wsup.it's something with the lines i think...actually i'm positive it is if it just started after you installed it. Maybe this weekend you can bring it by and we'll look at it. It would be killer if you could bring a gallon of kerosene for a warmizzle shop ;)

IntegraXTR
01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
fasho dude, help me out man, is there anything I need to bring besides some kerosene? I mean I used a "t" to connect the lines and everything, but shouldn't it be searching for the secondaries? well anyways, I get off at 6pm tomorrow so if you're free let me know so I can swing by.

IntegraXTR
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
any other ideas ppl?

99SI
01-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Have you gottten the CEL read to see what the exact code it is pulling is? Most auto parts stores will do that for you free. That would probably give a better idea of where to begine if you knew what the actual code that it is pulling is.

IntegraXTR
01-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Have you gottten the CEL read to see what the exact code it is pulling is? Most auto parts stores will do that for you free. That would probably give a better idea of where to begine if you knew what the actual code that it is pulling is.

yeh, I wanted to go to autozone and check it out but haven't had time, matter of fact I had to put in the manifold at work, I'm at work 98% of the time

99SI
01-07-2006, 11:30 AM
I hear ya. I work six days a week and drive an hour to and from work. By the time I get home I'm ready to eat, shit, and get in the bed! I would definately get the cel checked to see what the exact code is. That will give you a more exact idea of what's going on. Who knows, it could be a bad o2 sensor or some other shit like that. I would definately get it checked before I spent a ton of time guessing and tinkering. Good luck and give an update if you get the code pulled.

RISKYB
01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
let me know how that works out for ya, b/c ive been wanting to do that with my gsr too

IntegraXTR
01-07-2006, 12:41 PM
definetly, I'm going to try to swing by autozone, but I'm almost sure that its searching for the secondaries, read it on Honda-tech, but who knows. I'll keep you guys updated.

1/4Mile
01-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I have a 00 Civic and went to a Obd1 B16a2 and Cel was present, I also have an AEBS Intake Manifold, and Yes a Chipped P28 should solve that problem and help you dramatically with performance. I work for me:goodjob:

IntegraXTR
01-08-2006, 01:05 PM
I have a 00 Civic and went to a Obd1 B16a2 and Cel was present, I also have an AEBS Intake Manifold, and Yes a Chipped P28 should solve that problem and help you dramatically with performance. I work for me:goodjob:

yes thats what skunk2 recommended and also on honda-tech, because due to the missing secondaries you will not get maximum results with the stock p72, going to a p28 chipped will enhance that.