PDA

View Full Version : My car is bogging. Need help.

ghionw
01-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I have a 96 ek hatch. i swapped my stock intake mani for a d16y8 intake mani and I also put a short ram on it. In the mornings when it is cold and I drive the car, it bogs down sometimes. I need to know what causes this so that I can get it fixed... I would appreciate any advise because this is getting annoying.

i4_garage
01-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I have a 96 ek hatch. i swapped my stock intake mani for a d16y8 intake mani and I also put a short ram on it. In the mornings when it is cold and I drive the car, it bogs down sometimes. I need to know what causes this so that I can get it fixed... I would appreciate any advise because this is getting annoying.

>>>wat is boggin?...can u be more specific?

ghionw
01-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Bogging - That is when the car suddenly either loses power or when the rpm suddenly drops for no apparent reason.
I will try to think of a better way to explain it, but thats the best I got for now. I hope that helps.

i4_garage
01-06-2006, 08:30 AM
did u change ur gasket?

uproot
01-06-2006, 08:43 AM
might not be gettin enough fuel.. check your fuel injectors

B16a2 Civic
01-06-2006, 08:46 AM
lots of things, mainly could be fuel related, like uproot said, check your injectors, your fuel level, also, even check your spark plugs.....is it massive power loss, did it throw a CEL

IntegraXTR
01-06-2006, 09:13 AM
its the vacuum lines dude, when you swapped your IM did you change the IM gasket? did you put the vacuum lines back in the propper places? I just installed my skunk2 and had to "T" off some vacuum lines but thats what I think it is

ghionw
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I did replace the IM gasket.
It doesn't throw a CEL.
I will have to check the injectors. I will probably swap back my y7 injectors into the y8 IM.
To the best of my knowledge the vacuum lines are in their respective places.

One of my biggest questions, is why would it happen mainly when it is cold out.

I appreciate all your comments so far.

B16a2 Civic
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
well if it bogs, could be your timing belt or your cat convertor, mine bogged untill i replaced both those, especially when tryin to launch

ghionw
01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
well if it bogs, could be your timing belt or your cat convertor, mine bogged untill i replaced both those, especially when tryin to launch
Wouldn't that throw a CEL code though. And it never did that before I swapped the Inatke Manifold

B16a2 Civic
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't that throw a CEL code though. And it never did that before I swapped the Inatke Manifold

hmm, i dun kno, its kind of tough to guess on it then, more then likely its somethin minor, i'd just double check all the lines, make sure there are no leaks and everything is on tight