PDA

View Full Version : Damn, my granddad...UPDATED!!

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2006, 07:59 PM
My grandfather had a heart related surgery today. He had a pace-maker put in. I sure hope everything goes ok from here. It sucks because he passes out at leat 3 times a week and is always being put in the hospital and he always is drained of energy. He isn't my same granddad as he should be. When I was 3 years old, Father left my Mom, sister and I. He went to court and disowned my sister and I. My Mom never remarried and we grew up at my grandparents home. From 3 until 20. Shit's weird to see your father figure always in trouble with his health. Fuccing doctor wouldn't put a pacemaker in him because he felt that my granddad "wasn't a candidate" for one. I often wondered what would make him a candidate. Maybe after he died? Maybe after a fainting spell while he was in bathroom and he falls and really hurts himself? While driving he faints? Finally, after another spell o New Year's Day, he talked to his doctor again and again he said no. So, today, after talking to a different doctor, he had the surgery to put one in. I just hope things get better for him, cuz although he was my grandfater, he was also a Father to me. Ahhhh. Later, QD.

JMCIVIC01
01-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I hope everything works out for him! I'll put him in my thoughts and prayers!

COGCaviZ24
01-05-2006, 08:03 PM
sorry to hear that. my granddad(the geezer) passed away less than a year ago. he was an idol to me

hope he's ok

never_finished
01-05-2006, 08:05 PM
hope everything goes well, and things get better!

HyPer50
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Bah, I'm alot younger than you and I dont have any grandparents left... Anyways, best wishes for your granddad.

RandomGuy
01-05-2006, 08:43 PM
u serious about ur father disowning you... damn if that were me, i'd seriously be out for vengeance... im dead ass... leaving ur mom alone and shit damn thats fuckin serious.... boils my blood just thinkin about it.....

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
It's all good, dude. The fuccers dead. Been dead since I was 15. He deserved it. I remember my Mom finding out(like she cared) and when she told me all I said was good and asked if I could go out and play. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
ive never met my parents parents ..
hope it all goes well qd ill keep him in prayer ..

Ex_Vtec_Girl
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
damn qd, that sucks! hope everything went/goes ok! my grandfather lived for about 15 years with a pace maker...the whole concept of them is weird to me!

BTLFED
01-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow. I will definitely keep him in my thoughts. I know how it is to have your idol in trouble. I still miss my grandfather very much, and he died over a year ago. :(

I wish him nothing but the best.

quickdodgeŽ
01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
UPDATE!

Well. He was supposed to come home today, but the docs now say they aren't happy with the way his lungs look. He has what is called shadow spots in his lungs. Shadow spots are actually dormant pneumonia. If it gets active, they say he isn't strong enough to survive it. So, now all it takes a this to make things very worse. He feels fine right now. He isn't sick or anything. Just this now. Makes things stay on pins and needles. Later, QD.

COGCaviZ24
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
hold in there bud.

ahmonrah
01-07-2006, 09:22 PM
sorry to hear that. my granddad(the geezer) passed away less than a year ago. he was an idle to me

hope he's okrough idle or.......

COGCaviZ24
01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
smart ass IDOL

ahmonrah
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
stupid ass doctor. not that ti matters now since "pops" had the surgery but did the other doctor say why he WASNT a candidate for a pacemaker ?? i mean damn if someone comes to me and he's always passing out wouldnt low blood pressure or something wrong with his heart, be worth looking at?

quickdodgeŽ
01-07-2006, 09:29 PM
That's what we were wondering. Later, QD.

Deaf Pimp
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey QD, I hope everything turns out ok. Thank god for modern medicine!

The Yousef
01-07-2006, 11:30 PM
he'll be in my thoughts and prayers dude...

Kevykev
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I wish you the best man, I was very close to my grandfather. It was pretty hard losing him in the 9th grade. He was my right hand man. He was 87 When he passed away.

Stay up man, it'll be all good!

smiley723
01-08-2006, 09:55 AM
QD, everything will work out. If he is as strong as you are, he will be fine!! It is hard loosing a grandparent these days. Trust me, my grandma dies a year ago. she was my idol. He will be in my thoughts and prayers DEFINATELY!!