PDA

View Full Version : Misc Church signs???

4dmin
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok so i love reading the signs on five forks... "CHURCH IS A GIFT FROM GOD, ASSEMBLY REQUIRED"... ok where in the bible does it say you have to go to church to worship god?

why do churches have to advertise or use scare tatics to get people in the doors???

quickdodgeŽ
01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
They just want to scare their beliefs into you and make you think that you will burn for enternity if you don't. And who in their right mind wants to burn for eternity. They want to scare you into thinking that your life will just be shit if you don't follow them and their way of thinking. Everything will be perfect if you just go to church. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
01-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok so i love reading the signs on five forks... "CHURCH IS A GIFT FROM GOD, ASSEMBLY REQUIRED"... ok where in the bible does it say you have to go to church to worship god

No where. A church is a house of worship. Just like a library is a place to read books and gather knowledge. You can do both at your house, but you can go to either if you want to go to a quieter place with no distractions.

why do churches have to advertise or use scare tatics to get people in the doors???

I guess it is up to the church on what they do. I know churches that do neither. The only sign you will find outside is that of what religion it is.

xliv2racex
01-29-2006, 12:02 PM
HaHa yeah,
for the readers of IA look up:
revolution by george barna. its a good book worth a read and it tells where (statistically) churchs like that are headed. and what is next to take their place. Keep in mind this is Christian reading so other religions might not accept it. but it has some pretty solid theology in it.

98Impreza234
02-14-2006, 12:01 PM
It is how they make money.

{X}Echo419
02-14-2006, 01:48 PM

it' simple in the mind of a evangelical christian. they believe(only through me is ther salvation. I donno what book it's in sorry) that it is their calling to bring people to Jesus Christ for salvation. That by not accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior that you wil go to hell and they don't want that to happen to you.
To draw a parrell: Why to atheists always feel the need to put down christians and try and convince people that their is no God? Only difference is there aren't very many "atheist churches"(and there are) with signs on the side of the road. :2cents:

man
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
that's why i love my church, we have never been told that we have to go to service to worship. In fact we have always been taught that it doesn't matter if you do good deeds or go to church.

02-15-2006, 08:25 PM
the only way a Christian church could defend telling people they need to go to church is that, in the NT, it says a couple times you should congregate with other Christians. also, it is in some docterine that the Holy Spirit shows up if three or more gather to praise God. (i think its three, could be wrong).

unfourtunatly it probably is a scare tactic but that wouldnt be the first time churches have tried that approach...

Crazy Asian
02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Im a christian and I dont believe you need to goto church everyday. Its not mandatory just go once a month and just see whats happening you know. The only really necessity of being a christian is just having a really strong bond between god and having a lot of faith in him. Me personally I like the idea of going to church everyday almost like me going to god's house and just playin at his house I dont mind going to church everyday since I had a lot of close friends but being in Atl..we have worship time in a house. HAHAHAAH but ya. I

metalman
02-16-2006, 08:29 AM
the only way a Christian church could defend telling people they need to go to church is that, in the NT, it says a couple times you should congregate with other Christians. also, it is in some docterine that the Holy Spirit shows up if three or more gather to praise God. (i think its three, could be wrong).

unfourtunatly it probably is a scare tactic but that wouldnt be the first time churches have tried that approach...

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matt. 18:20 K.J.V.)

Simply put, this "gathering" CAN include a church but doesnt require it.
It simply means if you seek the God in a worshipful way in His name, He will be there with you, whether that gathering takes place in your home, a prison cell, or a cathedral matters not and whether its 2 people or 2000 matters not either.

Example, in the Bible the prophet Daniel worshipped God three times a day, by HIMSELF. Church attendance is not recorded in Heaven...sincerity of heart and the corrosponding quality/intensity of ones works are. Churches that use the "you have to attend church or you'll go to hell approach" have no basis for that teaching in the Bible.

metalman
02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
that's why i love my church, we have never been told that we have to go to service to worship. In fact we have always been taught that it doesn't matter if you do good deeds or go to church.

Although church attendance doesnt matter, according to the Bible all persons are judged according to their deeds....so I am afraid according to Scripture THAT does matter.
In fact deeds/doing/not doing are involved in the very definition of sin.
But it sure would be "convenient" if it didnt. That would let everyone off the hook.

blacknightteg
02-16-2006, 08:38 AM
i dont know bout where everyone else goes, but, me being catholic, and growing up the specific church, i never was told, "you dont do this you go to hell", or " you do this you go to hell" in my opinioin its just the dihard southern baptist people who if you arnt part of their faith, your arnt "saved" and not going to heaven, which in my personal opinion, is something that god wouldnt want...but thats just my $.02

buddha@TeamFX
02-16-2006, 10:50 AM
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matt. 18:20 K.J.V.)

It simply means if you seek the God in a worshipful way in His name, He will be there with you, whether that gathering takes place in your home, a prison cell, or a cathedral matters not and whether its 2 people or 2000 matters not either.

Example, in the Bible the prophet Daniel worshipped God three times a day, by HIMSELF. Church attendance is not recorded in Heaven...sincerity of heart and the corrosponding quality/intensity of ones works are. Churches that use the "you have to attend church or you'll go to hell approach" have no basis for that teaching in the Bible.

Agreed..It isn't necessary it just helps you to grow to be around people of your own faith!!...But church can be anywhere you are...No certain place

babygurl
02-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Agreed..It isn't necessary it just helps you to grow to be around people of your own faith!!...But church can be anywhere you are...No certain place

Doesnt it specfically state in the bible that church is not a place with 4 walls, its in your heart, as where jesus and god are?

02-16-2006, 01:58 PM

i understand. i was saying this is how a church could TRY and justify that statement. churches tend to pick and choose what they find important anyways so its whatever.
i am a Christian and i dont go to church. reason being that in the church i find what makes others not want to be associated with and scares people away from the religion. if i were to find a church i enjoyed then i would go but most are full of the "sayers" and not the "doers". imo.