PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Aquarium

Nemesis
01-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been, Im waiting to go to the GA Aquarium at a later date, and headed to TN this weekend with my lady for short day trip. How is the Aquarium? Lots of things to do?

A.P. Photography
01-03-2006, 09:59 AM
The TN aquarium is nice. Went a couple of years ago and there is quite a bit to see. You should have fun up there :goodjob:

Hulud
01-03-2006, 09:59 AM
havent been since i was a youngin

Nemesis
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Sweet, the website kinda sucks. There a really no pictures at all of the facility.

thinkfast®
01-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Aquarium is ok, I wouldnt waste my time up there w/ the GA Aquarium now open, dude you could make it up there it really isnt that bad as people make it out to be.. lines werent too crazy to get in, and though its crowded you won't get irritated.. I know I do when there are that many white people around. but they are friendly and shit. I didnt have to pull my blade out or nothin!

1439/2000
01-03-2006, 10:01 AM
The GA Aquarium is way better.

It has like different rooms and sections. The TN aquarium is like one ramp you just walk through. Not as fun for sure, especially for the drive.

Buy tickets online for GA aquarium and stand in line for 20 minutes. Its not that bad, I did it!

A.P. Photography
01-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Aquarium is ok, I wouldnt waste my time up there w/ the GA Aquarium now open, dude you could make it up there it really isnt that bad as people make it out to be.. lines werent too crazy to get in, and though its crowded you won't get irritated.. I know I do when there are that many white people around. but they are friendly and shit. I didnt have to pull my blade out or nothin!
:lmfao: Good, Ricky didn't have to cut a cracka while in line so it must not be that bad.

HiPSI
01-03-2006, 10:03 AM
if you go on a weekday it probably wouldn't even take 20 mins to get in with advanced tickets.

Nemesis
01-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Hmmm, tempting.. I am definatly going to the GA aquarium, but I really have nothing to compare it to and dont mind the drive up there.

I just might go the GA aquarium instead. So you guys are saying its not really worth the drive ?

dartingd
01-03-2006, 10:04 AM
i didn't care for the tn aquarium...haven't been to the ga aquarium yet...my personal fav. is ripley's aquarium in gatlinburg though...

A.P. Photography
01-03-2006, 10:05 AM
It has like different rooms and sections. The TN aquarium is like one ramp you just walk through. Not as fun for sure, especially for the drive.
!
It is not as bad as they make it seem Nemesis. Yes compared to the GA aquarium it does not have a chance but that is the way they designed the one in GA. For a day trip it would be cool if you just want to get out of the city/GA for a bit. Warning tho, the streets up there SUCK. They are not lowered car friendly, well they are not friendly to any car really :doh:

dartingd
01-03-2006, 10:06 AM
go to gatlinburg, lirl...only a 2.5 hr drive for me...

thinkfast®
01-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Hmmm, tempting.. I am definatly going to the GA aquarium, but I really have nothing to compare it to and dont mind the drive up there.

I just might go the GA aquarium instead. So you guys are saying its not really worth the drive ?

I wouldnt go man, I mean its ok if you just wanna experience lameness, or experience going back and forth around a fuckin 2 mile indoor ramp.. TN aint got shit on GA Aquarium, just do the damn thing and quit bitching. HELLO, WE GOT WHALE SHARKS AND SHIT!!! :D

Darling Nikki
01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
its pretty cool...there isn't much hype about it now that GA's is a lot bigger. It still is fun though.

Kevykev
01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Me and my girl usually drive up there every year but havent gone since '03

You must go to the Gatlinberg Location to visit the Ripley's Aquarium.

Lots of festivities, eateries and shopping centers in that area.

Worth the extra drive!

Nemesis
01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Me and my girl usually drive up there every year but havent gone since '03

You must go to the Gatlinberg Location to visit the Ripley's Aquarium.

Lots of festivities, eateries and shopping centers in that area.

Worth the extra drive!

Any more info on this Kev?

thinkfast®
01-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I beat some chick at Ruby Falls once.. real romantic and shit. beat it up ever so gently

Jimmy B
01-03-2006, 10:23 AM
i brought a lady friend up there a few years ago, have been a few times, its a nice day trip to get outa atlanta, im sure its nothing compared to GA, but its a nice quiet ride up there, the streets suck when you do get there, but to get away for a few hrs, go to the aquariam, and all the shops, its relaxing..

imo, i would head up there, then at a later date go to the ga one..

Kevykev
01-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Any more info on this Kev?

http://www.ripleysaquariumofthesmokies.com/

Lots of Amenities in that area man!

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
I beat some chick at Ruby Falls once.. real romantic and shit. beat it up ever so gently

:lmfao: :lmfao:

4dmin
01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
personally i think the New Orleans Aquarium is the best (minus the whales at the GA)

dartingd
01-03-2006, 11:35 AM

i think jack black had a song about this...