PDA

View Full Version : HIN pulling out of ATL (your thoughts)?

4dmin
01-02-2006, 08:54 PM
HIN pulling out of ATL (your thoughts)?

Well i know working with those guys doing promotions and what not for them they have had issues the past couple years with participation. Atl HIN was one of their weakest markets. Last year they finally had to turn cars away, but i think it was too little too late. I think they aren't getting the spectators needed to keep coming back. I see this being a growing trend in the market here.

Event cost, Venue cost, participation, spectators, are all factors i believe in this decision. It sucks to see another big event leave Atl, but this could be a good thing. I know if i was a part of a club/team i would be organizing events for the new year. It doesn't matter if you show/race/drift all have a part in the scene. Push what you do and we all will thrive. ;)

Hopefully we will have some new things for you guys this year. :goodjob:

ironchef
01-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Sucks, I haven't been able to go to any of them because of shit that came up, so i wanted to go to this one.

JustinSane110™
01-02-2006, 08:55 PM
FUK them... :eye:

NAIZBST
01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
went to 2 of them here and they both sucked, some cool cars but also some that shouldn't have been there. ATL needs better shows

Georgia_boy
01-02-2006, 08:58 PM
I think IA needs to do a decent sized show

5thgcelica
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
it sucks, its just one less show here..

granted this past HIN was a let down, lots of things could have been improved.

so IA should just take over and do it all!

PhAtBoYMr2
01-02-2006, 09:03 PM
ticket prices were way too expensive for what the show was

JDMBeau
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
i wish i pulled out first

The Ren
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
IA needs to do an indoor show.. Shoot Id sponser it.. lol

NAIZBST
01-02-2006, 09:09 PM

^^^ that would be great :goodjob:

JDMBeau
01-02-2006, 09:11 PM
it would be worst than HIN with the showey shit....lol

but i would probally go

The Ren
01-02-2006, 09:15 PM
^^^ that would be great :goodjob:
Im serious.. have you noticed that at HIN, Nopi and all the other big name shows.. who wins? Favorites.. there were plenty of amazing looking cars at HIN and at NOPI that got no recognition.. and of course turning away some of the cars they did? Josh was right when he said the parking lot was better.. it was. I mean I think we could really have a great season this year if we do it right.. and by "we" I mean the whole ATL import scene.. so many people say its dying.. but its just changing..and I really think with the right marketing and the right event 2006 could be huge... :2cents:

JustinSane110™
01-02-2006, 09:16 PM
FUK them... :eye:
^^ Add that to the options please Paul. :D

4dmin
01-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Im serious.. have you noticed that at HIN, Nopi and all the other big name shows.. who wins? Favorites.. there were plenty of amazing looking cars at HIN and at NOPI that got no recognition.. and of course turning away some of the cars they did? Josh was right when he said the parking lot was better.. it was. I mean I think we could really have a great season this year if we do it right.. and by "we" I mean the whole ATL import scene.. so many people say its dying.. but its just changing..and I really think with the right marketing and the right event 2006 could be huge... :2cents:

hybrid events is where its at... Show/race/drift... you need more than just show cars now to get people out, but the problem is the $$$, Tunerfest cost us so much to put on i could buy and rebuild my car over w/ the amount of money spent. shit insurance cost alone for a big venue like that are ^^^alot^^^ ...

i think the clubs/teams need to get back in the game, helping out promoters that want to come to Atl... i remember when clubs used to battle for respect, i think those days have been past for a couple years, we need to get back to that to get the big events here and coming strong. :goodjob:

PSINXS
01-02-2006, 09:20 PM
i went once, wsnt impressed, dont care if its gone. i'd rather travel for a HIN anyway.

The Ren
01-02-2006, 09:20 PM
hybrid events is where its at... Show/race/drift... you need more than just show cars now to get people out, but the problem is the $$$, Tunerfest cost us so much to put on i could buy and rebuild my car over w/ the amount of money spent. shit insurance cost alone for a big venue like that are ^^^alot^^^ ...

i think the clubs/teams need to get back in the game, helping out promoters that want to come to Atl... i remember when clubs used to battle for respect, i think those days have been past for a couple years, we need to get back to that to get the big events here and coming strong. :goodjob:

Im in.. I was just thinking about that

4dmin
01-02-2006, 09:22 PM
i went once, wsnt impressed, dont care if its gone. i'd rather travel for a HIN anyway.

ya out of town events are a blast, HIN orlando is always my favorite, now we need to get the clubs coming up here, this year was the first but we need to get the florida crews coming up they have some strong clubs down there

PSINXS
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
^which is where i will be attending for HIN. Should be a good time. Florida has great cars.

4dmin
01-02-2006, 09:28 PM
we go down w/ ECI and we rent a house, it is a fucking blast, we party every night and its a fucking blast :D

PSINXS
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
^mind if we join ya on the caravan? we got our own place to stay but wouldnt mind traveling with ya.

Crazy Asian
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Dude we should get as many clubs as we can in Atl and just have a huge battle with Florida. Let's see who wins.

4dmin
01-02-2006, 09:44 PM
^ that would be cool, the drive down/back is a blast

eViLMunkey
01-02-2006, 09:58 PM
After goin last year i kinda say this coming since yeah they turned good cars away for more reasons than one. . And tunerfest i still had fun even in the hail and all but its the clubs that haven't been helping out im atlanta and they have been disapating from the scene here. . But i say this one coming

nightracer
01-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Fuck HIN
Fuck Vision entertainment
Fuck Rich Goodwin and all his Hollywood nutswingers

I could give a shit about some fucking rice convention anyway..

tony
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Man this is so true, just from personal experience I got a quick lesson "judging" I never really said it but I was SOOOOOOOOOO pissed with the judging at NOPI that even if I still had my G I wouldnt care to participate, I would have had more fun riding around and that is the one thing I regret I didnt do.

With HIN, I kind of saw it coming. Both years it was here the magazines just ragged on how boring the show was, it amazes me that the V-103 car show is here to stay but HIN is gone though, it says a lot about what people like to see in this city.

ALVIN
01-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Hot ImportAtlanta Nights?

T.S.
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM

Hey paul didnt IA take over TUnerfest though. Im not saying go out and spend 10k or how much it cost on the Downtown atl. location. But what about the Gwinnett Arena. OR that place in south georgia the we went too! Its just as big but probably not as expensive. I mean you guys could put on a indoor/outdoor show. Kinda like a show and drift. There parkenlot is huge too. Im just trying to think of some way to think of other ways. Over the past couple years the good shows have been in flordia ever since about 2002 shows in atlanta have sucked. BUT WE as a community need to look at this as a bad thing. We are lossing a big headliner for Atlanta. Yeah they may not have the best judging or shows. But we shouldnt be happy about this at all. just my :2cents:

Later
Ts

ALVIN
01-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Gwinnett COunty Fairgrounds has some nice drift expos every now and again. That is a pretty big lot for a decent sized show...gwinnett arena would be nice also...very huge.

T.S.
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
im just trying to think of ways to keep the ATL scene alive. Why dont we do a night show somewhere, those are always really good??

Jimmy B
01-03-2006, 12:34 AM
do i have to orginize another show? ;) j/k

atl has never really had a big HIN or other indoor show.. indoor shows are cool,.. but i could set up a parking deck that is just as cool, if not better.....

but i wouldnt do it for any less than 200 cars.. and thats not gonna happen!! lol

nightracer
01-03-2006, 12:52 AM
I could organize something far superior to any HIN rice convention given the appropriate funds. :)

JustinSane110™
01-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Who were the other 2 votes for "Fuk em"? http://www.drunkdubs.com/albums/album79/LIRL.gif

Jimmy B
01-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I could organize something far superior to any HIN rice convention given the appropriate funds. :)

but x-rated did it on limited funds..

PhAtBoYMr2
01-03-2006, 12:54 AM
do i have to orginize another show? ;) j/k

fantasy nights was some good shit....i remember being a young lad trying to holla at some of them honeys in the bikkini contest

JustinSane110™
01-03-2006, 12:55 AM
fantasy nights was some good shit....i remember being a young lad trying to holla at some of them honeys in the bikkini contest
Haha, just medium pimpin back then.

Kathryn
01-03-2006, 12:59 AM
With your kind of attitudes, you're right.... the Atlanta scene will die. Look I know not everyone likes car shows, drift events, or even race events. But the lack of participation and attendance doesn't make it appealing to any promoter or sponsor. Which sucks, because I remember back when we begged just to have nopi put on a regional show with 20 cars and we would drive 50 miles just to get there at 7am. No matter how big or what shitty cars were there, we still went because we LOVED being involved and surrounded in it. It seems the last couple of years people on here have gone to the big events (HIN, NOPI Nats, D2) and have done nothing but bash them. All I would ever read is how much people said it sucked. No one ever offered ways of improvement or constructive critism. But what sucks is all you did was hurt yourselves. HIN isn't going to be the last to pull out, especially if you guys won't work to keep the scene growing. Quit being so jaded. If you don't think Atlanta is being represented well, then do something about it. Don't mistake motion for action and remember your story is told by what you do next...

4dmin
01-03-2006, 07:51 AM
With your kind of attitudes, you're right.... the Atlanta scene will die. Look I know not everyone likes car shows, drift events, or even race events. But the lack of participation and attendance doesn't make it appealing to any promoter or sponsor. Which sucks, because I remember back when we begged just to have nopi put on a regional show with 20 cars and we would drive 50 miles just to get there at 7am. No matter how big or what shitty cars were there, we still went because we LOVED being involved and surrounded in it. It seems the last couple of years people on here have gone to the big events (HIN, NOPI Nats, D2) and have done nothing but bash them. All I would ever read is how much people said it sucked. No one ever offered ways of improvement or constructive critism. But what sucks is all you did was hurt yourselves. HIN isn't going to be the last to pull out, especially if you guys won't work to keep the scene growing. Quit being so jaded. If you don't think Atlanta is being represented well, then do something about it. Don't mistake motion for action and remember your story is told by what you do next...

+20 thank you :goodjob:

DaMaGe ZWK
01-03-2006, 09:19 AM
the girls were hot, but most the cars sucked, and so did the ticket prices...

dartingd
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
how much was it to get in? i never went....i went to nopi nat. a couple years, then totaled my accord the year i was going to show...haven't been since..nopi was kinda pricey to get into, but it was kinda fun...won't ever take the wife again though...i enjoyed tunerfest more than anything!!

Jimmy B
01-03-2006, 09:41 AM
ok, here are ideas to get MORRE peopel there, same guidelines as fantasy nights accually..
1/2 indoor or covered(better imo) show 1/2 outdoor...
most cars are outside, but a few selecct(15-25) are covered, of all kinds, wild/mild
have the covered portion set up in a club atmosphere, a FEW dj's playin, inside and outside..
to get inside to see the cars, and the bikini contest, and whatever else too, its a SMALL fee(not 25 like HIN)
sell liquor, and food
advertize to cars, trucks, and bikes.. ALL KINDS too, american, an import..
advertize everywhere, online, shops, some clubs, all over atl... everywhere

A.P. Photography
01-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey paul didnt IA take over TUnerfest though.

Later
Ts
IA started Tunerfest :goodjob:

The Ren
01-03-2006, 09:51 AM
ok, here are ideas to get MORRE peopel there, same guidelines as fantasy nights accually..
1/2 indoor or covered(better imo) show 1/2 outdoor...
most cars are outside, but a few selecct(15-25) are covered, of all kinds, wild/mild
have the covered portion set up in a club atmosphere, a FEW dj's playin, inside and outside..
to get inside to see the cars, and the bikini contest, and whatever else too, its a SMALL fee(not 25 like HIN)
sell liquor, and food
advertize to cars, trucks, and bikes.. ALL KINDS too, american, an import..
advertize everywhere, online, shops, some clubs, all over atl... everywhere

Good idea except for the liquor.. being a import kinda thing your looking at people from ages mostly around 18-25. You dont need alcohol to have fun..

dartingd
01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
You dont need alcohol to have fun..

i agree....

A.P. Photography
01-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Good idea except for the liquor.. being a import kinda thing your looking at people from ages mostly around 18-25. You dont need alcohol to have fun..
Jimmy is just thinking about himself on the alchol :lmfao:

Jimmy B
01-03-2006, 10:16 AM
naw.. i quit drinking, BUT, i do look at it for some people that want a beer or 2, make it available, and you are forgeting about the spectators, there are some peopele that enjoy having a beer, and seeing what they like,. look at baseball, basketball, football.. the venues make tons of bank on liquor sales!

4dmin
01-03-2006, 10:16 AM
IA started Tunerfest :goodjob:

actually we did take the place of another event and we changed the name. :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
01-03-2006, 10:20 AM
actually we did take the place of another event and we changed the name. :goodjob:
I thought IA started it :doh: , oh well, it is kick ass now that IA has its own event.

mocha latte cupcake
01-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I think it sucks, i never got to make it but i would like to see IA do a big scale show like that. that would rock, points for the idea.

blacknightteg
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
what the slut said^^^^^^

Seymour222
01-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I think it sux. Based solely on the fact that I have never been. The largest "show" I ve been to is Nopi. Oh well, shit happens.

Jaimecbr900
01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Get used to it folks. It's not just about Atlanta, it's about $.

If a promoter loses money, they will not want to come back. It's simple math. Yes HIN this year was handled like crap IMO (people not getting in, bad judging, etc) but to be honest there aren't very many other choices right now. It's either support them or they leave. If I was running it, I'd do the same thing to be honest.

I think way too many people look at Cali and think that we should be just like that just by asking. It doesn't work that way. Hell even in Cali they have super rice fests, but they have 100 ricers paying bucks to show their rice. Promoters then come back to have 100 more. That's business. Everyone wants a mega cool and hip show, but don't want to pay more than $5 to get in. Doesn't work that way. People need to realize that putting on a show in a parking lot takes a ton of work, let alone in an indoor venue where you have to a lot more logistical problems to deal with than outside. Fire Marshalls all freaking day, security, staff, vendors, the venue, etc.....all that costs lots of money. Money that has to be put out in large part before the event even starts. If a promoter then tallies up all the stuff and STILL loses money, why come back?

I've been right in the middle of helping put together several shows, including one most of you guys have attended (our annual SELOC meet). That's a charity event and nothing like HIN or NOPI, and trust me......it aint easy to pull it off. So trust me, think about that before complaining too much.

:2cents:

4dmin
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I've been right in the middle of helping put together several shows, including one most of you guys have attended (our annual SELOC meet). That's a charity event and nothing like HIN or NOPI, and trust me......it aint easy to pull it off. So trust me, think about that before complaining too much.

:2cents:

dude i'm already sweating TunerFest v.3 :eek: :crazy: :tongue:

threehundred
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
dude i'm already sweating TunerFest v.3 :eek: :crazy: :tongue:
But the end result will be well worth it. If the turnout is anything like this year's (pre-tsunami), it will be wild.

QuickBrick
01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
With your kind of attitudes, you're right.... the Atlanta scene will die. Look I know not everyone likes car shows, drift events, or even race events. But the lack of participation and attendance doesn't make it appealing to any promoter or sponsor. Which sucks, because I remember back when we begged just to have nopi put on a regional show with 20 cars and we would drive 50 miles just to get there at 7am. No matter how big or what shitty cars were there, we still went because we LOVED being involved and surrounded in it. It seems the last couple of year’s people on here have gone to the big events (HIN, NOPI Nats, D2) and have done nothing but bash them. All I would ever read is how much people said it sucked. No one ever offered ways of improvement or constructive criticism. But what sucks is all you did was hurt yourselves. HIN isn't going to be the last to pull out, especially if you guys won't work to keep the scene growing. Quit being so jaded. If you don't think Atlanta is being represented well, then do something about it. Don't mistake motion for action and remember your story is told by what you do next...

Well put Kathryn! But I truly hope HIN is the last…

People if you think for one minute these shows don’t hit the boards and read the degrading comments, you have a lot to learn. BTW the same goes with other companies and promoters looking at ATL as a host city. I also agree that sponsors are looking for return on their investment, but I’m not referring to show sponsors as Kathryn is (oh how true though), this inference is to sponsorships for you! Before you type, think people. To be clear I doubt any comment here was untruthful, but leaving a bad taste in the deep pocket mouths will turn them away, please stay positive...

As far as Nopi goes IMO it will always remain the super bowl of ATL car shows, it was built here and is a nation-wide standard “thank God”. Because of sheer visitor/participant numbers it should remain, we are lucky to have it, be supportive…!

Last, IA taking over the show from that other board was a huge improvement, the turnout is now enormous and should be the same this year. Well done Julio, Pablo and Paul, I’m looking forward to a bigger and better 06 show! Paul if you guys need any help this year just say the word. And may the weather God’s be with us this time around ;)

T

speedminded
01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Pulled from the other thread...

I predicted they wouldn't come back last year, i'm going to guess the same for D1 at Road Atlanta...the turn out for big events seemed to have been horrible the past year and wouldn't doubt it if most promoters are pulling out...Not like anyone cares but i've been dissapointed in most of them...ie nopi this year...over half of the cars had bodykits, accessories, & paint schemes we all used to see on cars back in '96-'98.

It's strange, local meet interest seems to be up while the bigger events are down. JTuned is having a huge meet in a couple weeks in Cali...now if they brought one over here and had a JGTC event at Road Atlanta i'd be willing to bet it would be a crazy sellout. :2cents:As paul mentioned the "hybrid" events are where it's at...promotors need to cater to more than one specific group of people to stay alive.

Drift Atlanta was on a holiday weekend this year too wasn't it? ...Kinda poor scheduling is to blame for its turnout.

The Ren
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Well put Kathryn! But I truly hope HIN is the last…

People if you think for one minute these shows don’t hit the boards and read the degrading comments, you have a lot to learn. BTW the same goes with other companies and promoters looking at ATL as a host city. I also agree that sponsors are looking for return on their investment, but I’m not referring to show sponsors as Kathryn is (oh how true though), this inference is to sponsorships for you! Before you type, think people. To be clear I doubt any comment here was untruthful, but leaving a bad taste in the deep pocket mouths will turn them away, please stay positive...

As far as Nopi goes IMO it will always remain the super bowl of ATL car shows, it was built here and is a nation-wide standard “thank God”. Because of sheer visitor/participant numbers it should remain, we are lucky to have it, be supportive…!

Last, IA taking over the show from that other board was a huge improvement, the turnout is now enormous and should be the same this year. Well done Julio, Pablo and Paul, I’m looking forward to a bigger and better 06 show! Paul if you guys need any help this year just say the word. And may the weather God’s be with us this time around ;)

T
Well said.. Id definatly put money into something If I knew I was going to get a good return.. but even more so If I knew It could turn into something great..

Tracy
01-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Gwinnett COunty Fairgrounds has some nice drift expos every now and again. That is a pretty big lot for a decent sized show...gwinnett arena would be nice also...very huge.

They don't allow those anymore at GCF

LaurenK
01-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh well...

Tracy
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Well said.. Id definatly put money into something If I knew I was going to get a good return.. but even more so If I knew It could turn into something great..

I got $5 on it and pretty good event insurance ;)

eViLMunkey
01-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah if we increase in participation that would help alot but getting people motivated to participate is the hard part

The Ren
01-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I got $5 on it and pretty good event insurance ;)
Ill match your $5

JustinSane110™
01-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Ill match your $5
I see your $5 and I'll raise you $0.43 and a shirt button...

Tracy
01-03-2006, 07:37 PM
yay! we have 10.43 and a shirt button. Anyone else?

The Ren
01-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I see your $5 and I'll raise you $0.43 and a shirt button...
I see your $0.43 and Raise you $10 and one of my sexy supra pictures

Tracy
01-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I see your $0.43 and Raise you $10 and one of my sexy supra pictures

damn we got 20.43 and a shirt button and a sexy supra pick. Fine, I raise another $10 and a ride in my Evo.

The Ren
01-03-2006, 07:41 PM
damn we got 20.43 and a shirt button and a sexy supra pick. Fine, I raise another $10 and a ride in my Evo.

stakes are rising... $20.43, a shirt button, a supra picture, and a evo ride..

Tracy
01-03-2006, 07:43 PM
stakes are rising... $20.43, a shirt button, a supra picture, and a evo ride..

corrction, that would make $30.43, a shirt button, a supra pic and an Evo ride. :D

The Ren
01-03-2006, 07:43 PM
corrction, that would make $30.43, a shirt button, a supra pic and an Evo ride. :D
If I add another $10 do I get free shit? lmao..

JustinSane110™
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Hmmm, I'll throw in a extra $11.28 and a stick of Orbit gum. :goodjob:

The Ren
01-03-2006, 07:46 PM
So we got $41.76, stick of orbits, My supra picture, a shirt button, and a ride in the EVO!

Tracy
01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
So we got $41.76, stick of orbits, My supra picture, a shirt button, and a ride in the EVO!

I ain't puttin in anymore until some other nigga's put some in. But I got something free for ya, Ren ;)

The Ren
01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I ain't puttin in anymore until some other nigga's put some in. But I got something free for ya, Ren ;)

OOOO.. Oh oh and my thing is in.. I need to come by and get it put on the car.. not to mention I need to order some stuff..

Tracy
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
OOOO.. Oh oh and my thing is in.. I need to come by and get it put on the car.. not to mention I need to order some stuff..

I love things! Call me tomorrow morning...or afternoon for the rest of the world. I'm bout to jet.

5thgcelica
02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
it would seem someone voted on the poll.

EJ25RUN
02-05-2006, 11:40 PM
always felt alot of the cars at hin were unstreetable or very ugly,

im not into the show scene but respect those that do it.

but i also know that some cars at hin would make anyone :upchuck:

so i say fuk em.

last, i wish there would be a tokyo auto salon type show that tours the

country. they had one in cali last year and no reason to not continue for the

rest of usa.

BTEC
02-06-2006, 09:12 AM
fuc HIN bc they didnt throw out eoung free shirts and shit ne way. Plus they didnt do the go-cart challange last year. I was in first place the year b4 til the the other team T-boned me in the middle of a turn so one of their guys could get past me.

Sibious
02-06-2006, 09:27 AM
im with ya Ren! its also sucks but ia can pull off a better show :goodjob:

BluesClues
02-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I would LOVE to see IA host a indoor car show!

RISKYB
02-06-2006, 10:16 AM
i would be down for an IA indoor show

BluesClues
02-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Let me know if we will have one, that way I can have my shiat ready by then. Nah mean?

Tasuki_Civic
02-06-2006, 01:39 PM
it didnt matter anyway... the last 2 events was wack anyway.............the only good entertaining thing that happehed is when my friend should his nuts to beat some chick with a thong in some compation

SwurvinIn
02-06-2006, 01:40 PM
i think the issue is we have all these other cities in the south east to "compete" with. HIN orlando and miami rock out...why come to atlanta's version when you can save your money and head to florida? the only thing we have going for us is the ricer fest know as nopi nats...its actually great to see that people from all over the contry still make it to atlanta every year. hopefully it will get better....

Nemesis
05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
The only reason I was able to show was because I was placed into Nopi Elite. My judge passed me by in about two minutes, and didnt give out all the trophies they said they would in my class, and gave the first place to a company owned car. People were being turned down left and right, and behind me was an almost stock IS300.... go figure.

02lx
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I agree the atlanta import scene is dying not only from lack of strong teams, but also individual participation. I have not been on the import scene last long as most of you and I am already dissappointed. I was expecting to come on the scene and just be amazed, but instead I see the same thing everytime. Where are the friendly rivalries between teams and individuals. almost every week there is a meet up in barrett or varisity and the many of the people that turn up are the ricers and only a few hot cars. If we are to make atlanta hot again, we need everyone to start putting in work. When there is a car show, the teams need to come out in full force and go head to head, when there is a meet, there should be just a big turn out that it ends up becoming a car show by the end of the night. Just like how we are here talking about FL cars and their teams we need for them to talk about us the same way and I do not see anything stopping us from doing that.

P. A.
05-02-2006, 09:56 PM
fuk them

Mr. Antonov
05-05-2006, 12:08 AM
last time it was here.. it sucked.. it was indoors.. they had maybe 50 cars tops.. it was way to small.. bit boring.. all i did was watch the girls dance ;)

Pablo
05-05-2006, 01:53 AM
I honestly think that it is the competitors/spectators fault that the "big" events leave Atlanta every year.
it comes down to this....3 years ago there were 2 car shows a weekend for 5 months straight and people were bitching that there were too many shows. Now, there is 1 show a month and people bitch that there are no shows in ATL.
I honestly blame you guys! The fact that you won’t go to HIN and pay $25 to get in the door or that you won’t go to formula d and pay $20 to watch a show and drift is pathetic.
Since 1997 I have been going to shows. Stereos/car
I have drive 5 mile to 3000 miles just to go to one show. I am not afraid to spend a few bucks to get in a show that I know I am going to enjoy.
Why do you bitch that you won’t go to HIN in ATL as a spectator but you will drive 3 hours to charlotte and see that one??? I don’t fucking understand.

The reason the tuner market in Atlanta sucks is because you made it that way!
I have put my dues in for 10 years and have earned the right to bitch about a show. All you people that have only been doing this for 1 -3 years have no right to bitch about this shit. You guys are the reason this market SUCK....yes, I said it again.

Come next year, all that will be left is going to be a few drifting show and maybe NOPI nationals. Is that what you want?

I suggest you stop bitching about shows and putting shows down and start showing up to the and participating. By that I mean, showing or paying to be a spectator.

I have sat for the past 8 months on this website just reading all the trash talk that people say about the show scene in Atlanta. And it sucks. How is a promoter going to seriously look at this city and seriously think about putting an event here?
I would not do it if I were them.

This is just my personal opinion and I have been dying to get this out.
I have 153k miles on my car and about 70k of them is from going to shows all over the country. So I can back my shit up!

Just my :2cents:

lowjack
05-05-2006, 02:25 AM
I honestly think that it is the competitors/spectators fault that the "big" events leave Atlanta every year.
it comes down to this....3 years ago there were 2 car shows a weekend for 5 months straight and people were bitching that there were too many shows. Now, there is 1 show a month and people bitch that there are no shows in ATL.
I honestly blame you guys! The fact that you won’t go to HIN and pay $25 to get in the door or that you won’t go to formula d and pay $20 to watch a show and drift is pathetic.
I have drive 5 mile to 3000 miles just to go to one show. I am not afraid to spend a few bucks to get in a show that I know I am going to enjoy.
Why do you bitch that you won’t go to HIN in ATL as a spectator but you will drive 3 hours to charlotte and see that one??? I don’t fucking understand.

I have put my dues in for 10 years and have earned the right to bitch about a show. All you people that have only been doing this for 1 -3 years have no right to bitch about this shit. You guys are the reason this market SUCK....yes, I said it again.

Come next year, all that will be left is going to be a few drifting show and maybe NOPI nationals. Is that what you want?

I suggest you stop bitching about shows and putting shows down and start showing up to the and participating. By that I mean, showing or paying to be a spectator.

I have sat for the past 8 months on this website just reading all the trash talk that people say about the show scene in Atlanta. And it sucks. How is a promoter going to seriously look at this city and seriously think about putting an event here?

I have 153k miles on my car and about 70k of them is from going to shows all over the country. So I can back my shit up!

Bro you could not have stated that to be more true, Juilo!! :goodjob:

The scene has ALWAYS been what the masses made it. I am so happy now I have to trailor my car to events that are miles and miles away.... NOT!!!

Pablo
05-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Bro you could not have stated that to be more true, Juilo!! :goodjob:

i am pablo!!!

Brett
05-05-2006, 09:16 AM

VERY WELL FUCKING SAID PABLO!!! Now we have to drive out of state to get these quality shows, But maybe we can get some to come back. Im going to HIN this weekend to support Charlotte, maybe that way we can keep one kinda close to us. DUB comes in 2 weeks people, Support it, Its one of the few National shows that still come here :)

The Ren
05-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Like I said.. We need to really bring it strong on drift Fury.. Formula D, Dub, and Nopi nats are the only things we have left this year... Which leaves us alot of time to bring our own shit...Compaired to the guys above I am a major noob in the scene going on a year and 1/2.. and I go to anything I can.. cause I enjoy it. I know there is atleast $2 a day somewhere you can cut out and save for shows and such... Again I still say IA needs a huge show. We need to make Tunerfest this year off the chain!!! The more publicity we can get to our events we still have... the better chance we have of keeping some kind of scene...

QuickBrick
05-05-2006, 07:08 PM

Well put bro! :goodjob:

Red
05-05-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree, well put Pablo.

Big Rick
05-06-2006, 01:12 AM
u know i hear people on here say they make so much money and all this b/s but 25 bucks for a show that has alot of good things to offer inside is not that much, and those 25 bucks is not just so u can get in but u are also supporting the show.

anyways i like the GA vs FL ideas, i don't think it would turn into a hate thing, i use to live in miami and its about meeting new people and checkin out new rides, something like that i think would turn bigger and bigger every year.

Big Rick
05-06-2006, 01:16 AM

i agree

Vteckidd
05-08-2006, 12:06 AM
ITS CAUSE THE SHOW SCENE IS DEAD!

car shows DONT SELL PARTS. its a trickle down effect. The main reason for these shows is MONEY. Vendors want to make MONEY. AN the car scene now a days, it aint selling parts.

Drifiting, Drag Racing. street racing is what is selling parts an putting money in companies pockets.

Car shows are lame for the most part, out of the 400 cars in HIN, i would bet maybe 5 would impress me. its all shit that has been done before, nothin is original anymore, an if it is original, its a matter of days until its played out (think neons, lambo doors, suicide doors, etc). It used to be a civic with a body kit was a show car. now, everyone an there brother has one, and the competition is WAY beyond civics. sorry, i aint paying $50 to go look at some halfassed civics or a supra, i can see that shit on my way to work. an the qulaity cars that are there, i would rather sit at home an see them in a magazine that i paid $5 for.

bottom line, car shows are on there way out, the "teams" are not what they used to be, the cars are not what they used to be, the people that want to do shows are not what they used to be for the most part.

As paul said, its coordinated events that will bring money. Show, Drag, Drift.

my .02

TeeJay
05-08-2006, 12:24 AM
very well put.

JoeCoolinATL
05-08-2006, 02:18 AM

all of you kids 25 and under read this shit and learn.

Vteckidd
05-08-2006, 08:41 AM
basically its simple:
the Average Joe cant compete with or at a major car show event. The cars that are winning have $50-100K in them, an the those are the cars you see in the magazines. Now, bret, dont take offense to this, but i happen to like your car alot. i think its clean, an it looks good. But, do you honestly think that you have a chance in hell at winning anything at HIN, or any other major car show? Now, you may not enter the car shows trying to win everthing, you may be entering just to have fun, hang out with buddies, etc. which is fine, but people doing that are few an far between.

What i mean is, i would bet 5-6 years ago the chancs of you winnning a show with the car you have NOW was a big probability. The chances of you picking up a sponsor probably wsa greater.

Now a days, there isnt a lot of motivation to enter, cause it costs SO MUCH MONEY. and whats the point if you cant win anything, an you cant compete with anyone cause you dont have the 50k$ car.

its like NDRA. right not , in the SPORTSMAN CLASS, Matt Keller is DESTROYING people with his Integra running 9.5s. who the fuck can compete against that. A guy like spoolin has no chance in hell, man, even Peter has no chance. Those guys have so much money, so much sponsors, back up motors, etc its just not worth it to guys like me, who have no chance of competing with those guys. AN, it would cost me so much money to even have a chance at picking up a sponsor, it just isnt feasibly possible.

In short , people are complaining that the shows suck, BECAUSE ITS TRUE, the shows suck. HIN was nothin but a ricer fest with an excuse to see asian models dance on a pole. i mean, who the fuck cares. When was the LAST TIME ANYONE WENT TO A CAR SHOW AND HAD FUN? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A CAR SHOW DIDNT SUCK?

IMO it will be a matter of time before ALL HIN shuts down, an i bet they have the one in Cali an thats it. there just isnt the market for it anymore.

Kat talked about driving 50 miles to a car show, well, you dont have to do that anymore , drive down the street an you will see all the kitted out civics, G35s you wanna see. the "scene" changed an got played 0ut, blame it on F&F, not the scene kids.

Brett
05-08-2006, 09:00 AM
basically its simple:
the Average Joe cant compete with or at a major car show event. The cars that are winning have $50-100K in them, an the those are the cars you see in the magazines. Now, bret, dont take offense to this, but i happen to like your car alot. i think its clean, an it looks good. But, do you honestly think that you have a chance in hell at winning anything at HIN, or any other major car show? Now, you may not enter the car shows trying to win everthing, you may be entering just to have fun, hang out with buddies, etc. which is fine, but people doing that are few an far between.

What i mean is, i would bet 5-6 years ago the chancs of you winnning a show with the car you have NOW was a big probability. The chances of you picking up a sponsor probably wsa greater.

Now a days, there isnt a lot of motivation to enter, cause it costs SO MUCH MONEY. and whats the point if you cant win anything, an you cant compete with anyone cause you dont have the 50k$ car.

To be honest, No I dont expect or even feel I have a chance in hell at HIN. I wish I would have stepped the car to where it is now a few years ago, because MAYBE and still thats a HUGE maybe I would have had a shot. But I dont roll into shows like HIN with a glimmer of hope. I cant compete with what they call "Mild" cars. These cars are partially or fully sponsored and have more money invested in one year into them then I will sink in over the life of me showing it...LOL. I go to support the show, to insure they come back, and I do it because I love the show scene, Love taking the car to a show, cleaning it for a show, Interacting with spectators, and hangin with close friends. When I go to HIn this weekend, thats the exact reason I am going. I know you werent bashing my car, Trust me. I know what it lacks, and with me not having a glassed enclosure, Glassed interior, and TVs everywhere in it, and me having a 2 door makes it a hard class for shows like HIN, I think having a 4 door is a car you can do less to and compete at HIN with because there is a serious lack of 4 doors at these shows, so you can roll in with not as much done as a "Mild" class 2 door (Mild when i say is what they call Mild at HIN which is 50k invested Honda's, etc). It is very discouraging for those of us who have the average budget who have to go against cars we do, but hey, We chose the hobby, so we do what we can.

But anyways, As far as supporting, Yes the show side is slowley straying away from Atlanta and evem local shows arent as common as they were a few years ago.

Like I said earlier, 3-4 years ago I had a show season that I did 52+ shows that one season, some weekends we hit 3 shows. Was costly, hard to do, but we did it because we truley love the show world. I hate the fact this year for me to do HIN that I have to travel out of this state to do it, I find ot obsurd to be honest. I hate how shows have pulled out. I am guilty of not supporting HIN at first. The first 2 years it came I didnt show because I knew my car was not HIN worthy, Now I have showed the past 2 years it was here, even though it still isnt HIN worthy, But it came to me feeling that giving the support out weighed if it was a car worthy of the event.

We have to hold onto what we enjoy, and if you still have the passion for this in you, then we have to make sure we get the attention of the national events and get them here, and to stay here. :2cents:

Vteckidd
05-08-2006, 10:43 AM
To be honest, No I dont expect or even feel I have a chance in hell at HIN. I wish I would have stepped the car to where it is now a few years ago, because MAYBE and still thats a HUGE maybe I would have had a shot. But I dont roll into shows like HIN with a glimmer of hope. I cant compete with what they call "Mild" cars. These cars are partially or fully sponsored and have more money invested in one year into them then I will sink in over the life of me showing it...LOL. I go to support the show, to insure they come back, and I do it because I love the show scene, Love taking the car to a show, cleaning it for a show, Interacting with spectators, and hangin with close friends. When I go to HIn this weekend, thats the exact reason I am going. I know you werent bashing my car, Trust me. I know what it lacks, and with me not having a glassed enclosure, Glassed interior, and TVs everywhere in it, and me having a 2 door makes it a hard class for shows like HIN, I think having a 4 door is a car you can do less to and compete at HIN with because there is a serious lack of 4 doors at these shows, so you can roll in with not as much done as a "Mild" class 2 door (Mild when i say is what they call Mild at HIN which is 50k invested Honda's, etc). It is very discouraging for those of us who have the average budget who have to go against cars we do, but hey, We chose the hobby, so we do what we can.

But anyways, As far as supporting, Yes the show side is slowley straying away from Atlanta and evem local shows arent as common as they were a few years ago.

Like I said earlier, 3-4 years ago I had a show season that I did 52+ shows that one season, some weekends we hit 3 shows. Was costly, hard to do, but we did it because we truley love the show world. I hate the fact this year for me to do HIN that I have to travel out of this state to do it, I find ot obsurd to be honest. I hate how shows have pulled out. I am guilty of not supporting HIN at first. The first 2 years it came I didnt show because I knew my car was not HIN worthy, Now I have showed the past 2 years it was here, even though it still isnt HIN worthy, But it came to me feeling that giving the support out weighed if it was a car worthy of the event.

We have to hold onto what we enjoy, and if you still have the passion for this in you, then we have to make sure we get the attention of the national events and get them here, and to stay here. :2cents:

yeah i was hoping you wouldnt take offense. i mean like i said i really like your car alot, an i think its very clean, always has been. But to get to the "next level" you better have 20K$ ready to spend or a sponsor to pick up the tab, know what i mean?

well, after reading what you have wrote, an frankly, i would put your opinion at the highest of the "show car crowd" since you have been doing this for a long time, maybbe you hit that nail on the head with:

I go to support the show, to insure they come back, and I do it because I love the show scene, Love taking the car to a show, cleaning it for a show, Interacting with spectators, and hangin with close friends.

maybe people just arent doing that anymore. With so many other outlets in the "car world" , maybe taht is whats going on. is used to be everyone went to a car showe to hang out, now, you can go to barrett, Commerce, Moreland avenue (el oh el).

Maybe thats why the decrease in shows, lack of interest. people like you are few an far between, maybe that is why the decline.

what do i know, im a drag racer :cool:

civic95
05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
I think their problem is they had a bunch of smartass assholes running it. Not to mention the lack of organization. Waiting all day outside to pull your car into the building the day before the show? The purpose of going to early "roll in" is to avoid the wait. I went once, and I will never go again, even as a spectator.

Brett
05-08-2006, 11:00 AM
yeah i was hoping you wouldnt take offense. i mean like i said i really like your car alot, an i think its very clean, always has been. But to get to the "next level" you better have 20K$ ready to spend or a sponsor to pick up the tab, know what i mean?

well, after reading what you have wrote, an frankly, i would put your opinion at the highest of the "show car crowd" since you have been doing this for a long time, maybbe you hit that nail on the head with:

maybe people just arent doing that anymore. With so many other outlets in the "car world" , maybe taht is whats going on. is used to be everyone went to a car showe to hang out, now, you can go to barrett, Commerce, Moreland avenue (el oh el).

Maybe thats why the decrease in shows, lack of interest. people like you are few an far between, maybe that is why the decline.

what do i know, im a drag racer :cool:

Yeah I understand what your sayin man!! Trust me. I hate it is slowing down but seems to be a fact we can try and change but it will take the whole show community to come togther and make it happen. if not, Within a year or so we will have nothing but NOPI and I have never and will never show at that show.

QuickBrick
05-08-2006, 01:38 PM
ITS CAUSE THE SHOW SCENE IS DEAD!

car shows DONT SELL PARTS. its a trickle down effect. The main reason for these shows is MONEY. Vendors want to make MONEY. AN the car scene now a days, it aint selling parts.

Drifiting, Drag Racing. street racing is what is selling parts an putting money in companies pockets.

Car shows are lame for the most part, out of the 400 cars in HIN, i would bet maybe 5 would impress me. its all shit that has been done before, nothin is original anymore, an if it is original, its a matter of days until its played out (think neons, lambo doors, suicide doors, etc). It used to be a civic with a body kit was a show car. now, everyone an there brother has one, and the competition is WAY beyond civics. sorry, i aint paying $50 to go look at some halfassed civics or a supra, i can see that shit on my way to work. an the qulaity cars that are there, i would rather sit at home an see them in a magazine that i paid $5 for.

bottom line, car shows are on there way out, the "teams" are not what they used to be, the cars are not what they used to be, the people that want to do shows are not what they used to be for the most part.

As paul said, its coordinated events that will bring money. Show, Drag, Drift.

my .02

I love it, another automotive enthusiast that is bias toward his line of work. I’ll give you this; unlike others on this site at least you’re an enthusiast! ;)

Vteckidd, if you don’t think that marketers, companies and websites are looking to be involved with the show world you have blinders on, they do sell parts to the show world and its no small dollar amount, so the trickle down effect you refer to is an incorrect analogy plain and simple… Little companies like Styling Concepts, JC Whitney, Summit, Year One (just to name a few of the thousands) all have the same thing in common, they sell mechanical parts and show parts to the automotive enthusiast for the same reasons, money, interest of the customer and the love of cars!

To put this in prospective, yes every aspect of the automotive industry is about the all mighty dollar (to companies like yours and the ones I represent), so we agree on that point, but your forgetting that the all mighty dollar is not what an enthusiast is concentrating on or necessarily cares about, that is your job as a marketer, their enjoyment is for the love of racing, showing or sounding off ageist someone that is on the same level they are on (rich or poor) and loves competition. Think about it, you love to race, are you not purchasing, putting your sweat love and tears into going faster and beating the competition? That’s called an enthusiast and competitor in any market! It’s the same in show and sound.

I write sites for venders that sell go-fast parts, engine swaps, drive-trane, and mechanical services, but all, and I mean all of these sites also sell some type of show parts for some aspect of the ride(s) they are marketing performance parts to, that and there are a lot of performance parts that are both functional and show from the get go for a reason, they sell better and look good! Tell me this, if you build your car for racing and you have all kinds of people looking at you in the pits does your ride look like a beater or something that will get there attention and attract sales? And by attention it could be your cage, motor, body color, battery relocation, headers, power adders, intakes, pulleys, you know, things that you are marketing? IMO if you’re not selling these kinds of parts to your customer base along with building then your loosing out on business.

Believe me when I say the show scene is here to stay, again I couldn’t disagree with you more than on this one. We’ve been doing it for well over 50 years and it will continue as long as people love the hobby, competition and collecting.

Just for background purposes (so you don’t think this is coming from a noob) I do have a little time under my belt, hell I think there is only one guy on this site that is older than me (trust me this is not boasting, I wish I could give 20 years back). I’ve seen and been involved with just about every aspect of the automotive industry since the 60’s, and along with racing (yes been there, done that) there has always been the hobbyist/marketer like me that will build a ride for go and show, show only, go only, or just for the heck of it. Why do you think we are so inundated with companies wanting our business?

Don’t get me wrong your opinion is valued to me, points are well taken from a racing stand point, but I think your opinion is slanted toward your line of work. Look at the whole industry, who knows you might make more money doing it.

Last, Pablo and Kathryn are both correct; you need to support your love for the industry no matter the interest…

T

P.S. After reading your second post I will say only this, I have fun at all the shows I attend. It’s about friends, competition and working on your pride and joy. Often enough it’s also a break from the bills, work and stress you need to let go of to enjoy life…

Vteckidd
05-08-2006, 04:58 PM
oh i agree with what you are saying, but i have worked on both sides, an i just dont see the body kit manufacturers an show companies selling like they used to, IMHO.

we will see, good point man, i just think the show scene is dead, it will never be what it used to be

down_shift
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I like the idea of a local level show in a parking deck. Something like what X-Rated did a few years back. I'd enter my car for something like that.

Nittanys1
05-11-2006, 11:48 PM
all of you kids 25 and under read this shit and learn.

man im not typing a novel for a response but I will say that im under 25 and i do not fall into the category that those two post have classified those under 25....i may be one of a few but still dont generalize...

The Ren
05-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Everyone saw the amazing turn out Drift Fury #1 had in attendance.. and I dont think anyone expected that. I do howver think if we can continue to build shows like that a keep building on the attendance we may have something...