PDA

View Full Version : Misc Workmen Comp

NorthSydeEk
01-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I have been injury at my job place in 9/20/05. They been paying me for being out of work for couple of months. I just got off it it last month. The only question im wondering is do they still pay me for the injury? Just the injury itself. I mean my hand isnt fully recovery. I heard most people say SUE the shit out of them or something. Im just wondering do i also get the money for the injury? I like to have some feedbacks on this. It just bothers me. Because i have a really big scar on my hand. And some people say i should get money for it.

Hulud
01-02-2006, 11:31 PM
get money for what? a scar you have?

Hulud
01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
they pay for the bills, the lost wages at work, and pain and suffering.
that is what they do

KMDX
01-03-2006, 11:29 AM
You are sooooo lucky!! I am a w/c adjuster, if you received (TTD) benefits, then they would continue to pay for your workers' comp medical bills. the doc may issue you an impairment rating, and they may pay you for that rating even though you are working..

You can SUE but that is totally up to you..You have to obtain an attorney and the attorney fees are 25% of your settlement...or you can ask the w/c company to possibly settle with you, but they probably won't do that if you are still working for the company...

Call your adjuster and your doctor to ask them if you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) and if there is an impairment rating based upon your injuries.

B16a2 Civic
01-03-2006, 11:58 AM
was it your works fault....just remember that befor you waive the sue flag

KMDX
01-03-2006, 12:23 PM
if he received benefits and they are compensating him for the injuries, then the company is accepting liability, the company has 81 days from the date of injury to deny the claim

NorthSydeEk
01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
hmm, i heard it depend on the doctor giving the rating on the injury. But this doctor i went to is like not helping me at all. My fingers are not straight or anything no more. And its still healing from the injury. Its a very deep cut. Most of the skin and tissue came off. And the only thing they havent pay me IS THE SUFFERING AND PAIN!

NorthSydeEk
01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Im not sueing or anything. Im still with the company. Just wondering do they pay me for the injury itself. Since it isnt fully recovery. And my hand maybe cripple.

KMDX
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Im not sueing or anything. Im still with the company. Just wondering do they pay me for the injury itself. Since it isnt fully recovery. And my hand maybe cripple.

You have the right under the workers' compensation law to change physicians it has to be another physician on the panel posted at your employer though..You can try that route and see if the new physician will help you out in that regard as far as further treatment and giving you an impairment rating. That is all they are going to pay you for if there is a "rating" provided by the doctor, but if no rating then they will be no further compensation, as far as your medical bills are concerned though, they would continue to pay them as long as you are treating with an " authorized treating physician" either the physician that you are with now or the new physician if you chose to change....

Hope this helps..