PDA

View Full Version : civic to s2000???

rickgiblin
12-30-2005, 02:14 AM
ok, well i just got my civic and im getting kinda tired of it. i got my ass killed tonite going down 85 by a 350z. so i want somethign faster. i was wondering if i found a fliped or totaled in the rear s2000, took the entire drive tran, engine, everything and put it in my civic. would it be possible or near impossible? i want to do something that not to much people have done. if im not mistaking, arent the s2000 rear wheel drives? just let me know your input. thanks

Curbow_USMC
12-30-2005, 03:07 AM
i dont know... but me and my buddies have talked about this project a lot! It would probibly cost more than the S2k would.

CHADbee
12-30-2005, 06:56 AM
i'm sure its possible if u have ALOT of $$$$$$ and could find someone with a few spare months thats extreamly talented with that kind of thing. i know theres a company in FL thats turning ford focus hatchs into RWD 4.6 supercharged beasts. so it can be done!

00CIVICSI
12-30-2005, 08:59 AM
just boost it.

Sammich
12-30-2005, 09:47 AM
just boost it.

thank you, yea man just boost what you have. you have a 1.6 sohc(unless you got the SI) you cant expect to beat up on a 350

HiPSI
12-30-2005, 10:00 AM
i know theres a company in FL thats turning ford focus hatchs into RWD 4.6 supercharged beasts. so it can be done!

that kit bolts into the focus because the focus has a tunnel already for the driveshaft and such and uses a revamped set of subframes. to turn the civic into RWD would be a huge waste of time, and you'd still BARELY be beating a stock 350z. there is a proven formula to make hondas fast, B-series+boost. you'd spend enough trying to hack your car to bits to make it RWD to easily build a 500hp b-series and be able to run down much more prestigious cars than a 350.

Curbow_USMC
12-30-2005, 10:19 PM
that kit bolts into the focus because the focus has a tunnel already for the driveshaft and such and uses a revamped set of subframes. to turn the civic into RWD would be a huge waste of time, and you'd still BARELY be beating a stock 350z. there is a proven formula to make hondas fast, B-series+boost. you'd spend enough trying to hack your car to bits to make it RWD to easily build a 500hp b-series and be able to run down much more prestigious cars than a 350.

verry true

MidLifeCrisis
12-30-2005, 11:25 PM

This man has a point... Civic+RWD = stupid

But it is possible to put a S2k engine in a FWD car you just need the F22C (or F20C)longblock paired with a RSX type-S 6speed tranny... of course you need a custom adapter plate and mounts and such
but hell if your gonna waste money on doing crazy swaps then just get 240z and put a LS1 in it...

collins
12-30-2005, 11:43 PM
lol i was thinkin an fc with the ls1

Whatthatslame
12-30-2005, 11:58 PM
This man has a point... Civic+RWD = stupid

But it is possible to put a S2k engine in a FWD car you just need the F22C (or F20C)longblock paired with a RSX type-S 6speed tranny... of course you need a custom adapter plate and mounts and such
but hell if your gonna waste money on doing crazy swaps then just get 240z and put a LS1 in it...

haha damn it this is what happens when freinds dont log themselves out...

:doh: that was me on a buddy name..

kaotickaozpunk
12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
yes it can be done but thats too much money invested..you got to convert the civic to a rear wheel drive...too much...first of all who the hell is to make a drive shaft for it...

rickgiblin
12-31-2005, 12:52 AM
thank you, yea man just boost what you have. you have a 1.6 sohc(unless you got the SI) you cant expect to beat up on a 350
yea, i found that out the hard way... and im still waiting for the ky jelly from that dude. it kinda hurt bad.lol. but bosting this car wouldnt be wort it. im thinking about putting a dsm motor in it. probibly a b18 and boosting it. but i dont want a jdm cuse i herd that if something went wrong with the engine, you would have to buy your parts from over seas? is that true?

Whatthatslame
01-01-2006, 01:36 PM
yea, i found that out the hard way... and im still waiting for the ky jelly from that dude. it kinda hurt bad.lol. but bosting this car wouldnt be wort it. im thinking about putting a dsm motor in it. probibly a b18 and boosting it. but i dont want a jdm cuse i herd that if something went wrong with the engine, you would have to buy your parts from over seas? is that true?

No thats not true...