PDA

View Full Version : You ever had one of these customers???

simplyblurredmrT
04-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I had a set of RC 440 injectors that were for a customer. I ordered them got them in and they had a scratch on the case of one of the injectors housings. It was a small scratch too. So the customer came in and I showed him the scratch (I actually had to piont it out) ands he got pissed!

XXXX:ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

Me:Yeah that's the scratch. Is there a problem?

XXXX: I'm not paying for that!!!! It's damaged! I have a show car, I can't have scratched shit in my car!!!

Me: Well XXXX no one will be able to see that scratch and it will not hinder the injector at all. If you want I can knock another 50 from the price.

XXXX: Fuck that! more like 250!!

Me: *Laughs* I can't do that, I can order another set if you want, with the extra 50 off.

XXXX: No I need them now! You know what fuck it I'll go else where, just give me my money back!!

Me: Alright, Well I belive NOPI carries them or you can go to BG or Check IA.

XXXX: Whatever! Walks out.

I can understand that he was upset about the scratch but Damn who's gonna see it? If the injector was damaged to where it will mess with the fuel delivery THAT I could understand, but this shit was just stupid. Am I wrong here?

boosted1jz
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
440'S??? what kinda car is it??? what a fucking deushbag!!!!

chris

chuck
no you're not wrong, you didn't everything you tried to make him happy and you were honest with him. you can't just give the thing away, if it came scratched did you offer to send it back for another one?? we used to order exhusts that would come in scratched and our recieving clerk would just open them and inspect them and if they had a scratch they went right back and we could call out distributor to send another one out...unless you scratched it at your shop. but i don't know if all companies/distributors do that anyway, or if he would have wanted to wait. but if all went as said then i think the guy needs to take a vacation...sounds like he was wayyyy over reacting.

Tracy
Yea, happens all the time. People are people and they always want something for free.

eViLMunkey
04-08-2005, 02:25 PM
if it's for show he doesn't need it..

simplyblurredmrT
04-08-2005, 02:28 PM
440'S??? what kinda car is it??? what a fucking deushbag!!!!

chris

Not a clue what it looks like I belive it was a DSM....He drove up in a truck.

simplyblurredmrT
04-08-2005, 02:30 PM
no you're not wrong, you didn't everything you tried to make him happy and you were honest with him. you can't just give the thing away, if it came scratched did you offer to send it back for another one?? we used to order exhusts that would come in scratched and our recieving clerk would just open them and inspect them and if they had a scratch they went right back and we could call out distributor to send another one out...unless you scratched it at your shop. but i don't know if all companies/distributors do that anyway, or if he would have wanted to wait. but if all went as said then i think the guy needs to take a vacation...sounds like he was wayyyy over reacting.

I had it sent direct Bypassing my Distrubuter in NY and I'm the one who inspected it if I wasn't through I never would have seen it (it was that small). Oh and I got another set with a credit of 200.00 on my account.

simplyblurredmrT
04-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Yea, happens all the time. People are people and they always want something for free.

Well....heh.....I did suggest you guys over at BG. Sorry Tracy,( won't say his name) But if you see a slender white guy with a huge Trucker hat looking for RC 440's charge him extra!!!

ProjectWidow
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
damn what an asshole. i work in retail also and there is just something about people that they either want something for free or right now when we are out of stock. the thing that beats me is that its an injector that nobody will ever see. if it was an intake or turbo manifold i would understand a scratch, but an injector? something was definitely up his ass. also you did the right thing of telling the customer. usually when you point out a flaw so small they dont really care or are glad you are trying to satisify the customer by making him happy.

Spyder
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Subject 1: Telling the customer..
yes you did the right thing , well other then helping out a show car ricer. you pointed out a flaw and any person with half a brain would have been glad to have saved that 50 bucks and quickly forgot about that minor flaw on an injector.

Subject 2:what were these for..
440's had to be for a honduh. OEM Turbo DSM injectors are 450's.

simplyblurredmrT
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Subject 1: Telling the customer..
yes you did the right thing , well other then helping out a show car ricer. you pointed out a flaw and any person with half a brain would have been glad to have saved that 50 bucks and quickly forgot about that minor flaw on an injector.

Subject 2:what were these for..
440's had to be for a honduh. OEM Turbo DSM injectors are 450's.

2:I know didley about DSM's and I talk to so many people I mostly just remeber their orders....LOL my desk at home is full of sticky notes. If they want 440's or whatever (unless it's Honda) I normaly don't ask just collect and order.

1: Thanks! I just over analyze things some times.

accented
04-08-2005, 02:50 PM
i get customers like that 10x a day

eViLMunkey
04-08-2005, 02:51 PM
yeah everyday since I work at a dealership.... fookers

Kevykev
04-08-2005, 04:23 PM
It's ok to be a perfectionist but Got Damn you don't come off like that...

You were definately not at fault. You made a reasonable attempt to satisfy your customer, in turn, your customer continued to be irrational.

Therefore FUCK HIM or HER!

Vteckidd
04-08-2005, 04:37 PM
EVERY FUCKING DAY. welcome to my life.

99SI
04-08-2005, 04:39 PM
^^^yeah, you got the worst customers, pulling jokes on you and shit. still laughing.

Vteckidd
04-08-2005, 05:04 PM
fucker i meant at NOPI

babygurl
04-09-2005, 12:58 AM
i work at a bonding company ....i always get cussed out for something...then i usually get written up for cussing back....fuck i hate people......

quickdodgeŽ
04-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Working for Budweiser, I've never had a customer order a set of RC 440 injectors. Lolol. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
04-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Working for Budweiser, I've never had a customer order a set of RC 440 injectors. Lolol. Later, QD.
i dont know why but that was the funniest shit i have ever heard lol

"can i get a 24 pack and some injectors please?"

jdmlude
04-09-2005, 11:16 AM
i'm anal like that. your paying money for a new product that shouldn't have any latent defects..

you handled it great though. awesome service on your part.