PDA

View Full Version : What are the wholes for in ppls rear bumper?

#1Beaver
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
On alot of hatchbacks i see several wholes in there rear bumper what is that for, for looks or is there a reason?
THANKS!!! :goodjob:

jt money
12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
On alot of hatchbacks i see several wholes in there rear bumper what is that for, for looks or is there a reason?
THANKS!!! :goodjob:
if your talkin bout what i think your talkin about their there for letting the excess air out of your bumber area. some of the air that travels under your car can get caught in the rear bumper and add resistance. ;)heres one that i could find a pic of but most have like 6 or so oval holes. i just couldnt find a pic.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODg3MzUwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

atlvi3tb0i
12-29-2005, 10:58 AM
THANKS!!! :goodjob:i though you new that

#1Beaver
12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
ok thats wat i thought but wanted to make sure THANKS

F22B2slow
12-31-2005, 12:00 PM
the "technical" term is rear diffuser, not that i'm tryin ta be a smartass, well... even though i am i guess. anyway, i don't really see a need for them unless you remove your bumper. i removed my bumper (not the entire thing, just the actual bumper under the bumper cover) and i shaved like a sec. of my e.t. ... no not really.