PDA

View Full Version : Integra shoot & chop...

speedminded
12-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Once i can find a carbon fiber hatch i'm debating on whether to paint it or not... :dunno:

Tracy
12-29-2005, 10:08 AM
that's wood!

Bishop
12-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Nice spot! daaaamn. I dont know about the hatch....not sure how well they line up.

mocha latte cupcake
12-29-2005, 10:12 AM
CF = teh sects.... personally i love the whole carbon hood and trunk thing...

speedminded
that's wood!lol, tracy never thought she could see more wood than she could handle...until i came along :tongue:

Tracy
lol, tracy never thought she could see more wood than she could handle...until i came along :tongue:

LOL! good one!

speedminded
12-29-2005, 10:14 AM
CF = teh sects.... personally i love the whole carbon hood and trunk thing...i'm veryyy tempted to do a roof skin too...wouldn't be hard to run the nippers down the molding and put a cf sheet on to replace the metal...i've seen it on hatch's a few times but i don't think it saves much weight...just looks good/differant. :)

I guess the question is...to Panda or not to Panda.

mocha latte cupcake
12-29-2005, 10:16 AM
yeah i'm more weight conscious but i agree that the whole top CF would be hot. just don't follow trend and do it down the body lines too. don't get me wrong thats how and all but everyone who likes it is doing it now....something really cool i've seen is IDK if you have a sun roof or not but take it out and make a CF panel... saves a few pounds i believe.

speedminded
12-29-2005, 10:21 AM
yeah i'm more weight conscious but i agree that the whole top CF would be hot. just don't follow trend and do it down the body lines too. don't get me wrong thats how and all but everyone who likes it is doing it now....something really cool i've seen is IDK if you have a sun roof or not but take it out and make a CF panel... saves a few pounds i believe.exactly...between the motor, slides, glass, and additional support you can save alot of weight by removing the sunroof and i don't like the pillars being painted on integras...leave that for eclipses and nsx's :tongue:

mocha latte cupcake
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
yeah thats what i'm sayin, the car will look great i'm sure. how much does the hatch save? and also thought about FAL glass?

speedminded
12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah thats what i'm sayin, the car will look great i'm sure. how much does the hatch save? and also thought about FAL glass?The hatch doesn't save all that much, does a little...plus it removes the wiper & motor, etc...but the real weight savings is in the $450.00 lexan window. Just a guess, but if anyone has ever lifted a DC2 hatch without the supports you'll know how heavy the stock setup is...just a guess but around 60-75lbs total.

I haven't seen an exact weight on the FAL hatch glass but from what i have found the average weight savings is about 60-70%...so i'm guessing the cf hatch and FAL combo weighs about 25lbs at most. Also saw where someone took the sunroof from a salvaged car, pulled the glass from the surround, and replaced it with lexan to save 9lbs (glass was 11 and lexan 2).

5thgcelica
12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
doesnt lexan scratch reaaal easy?

speedminded
12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
doesnt lexan scratch reaaal easy?yep...but there's a few things available to help prevent it...you can also take metal polish cream and a buffer to clean it up.

speedminded
12-29-2005, 11:06 AM
hrmm, 5 minute chop...dunno if i like the roof changed...

The Golden Child
12-29-2005, 12:40 PM
it doesnt look that good i say just trunk and hood is fine ..

TallGuy
12-29-2005, 12:50 PM
looks good thats what i had in mind for my rex, what does it look like when you make the front lip black as well?

speedminded
12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
looks good thats what i had in mind for my rex, what does it look like when you make the front lip black as well?If i do anything to the spoiler it'll be white vinyl....i can do an acid etch on the aluminum and paint it but it may still flake off if it gets flexed at all...i don't really like the aluminum color on white and the grill needs to be painted or cut out or something...

speedminded
12-29-2005, 01:46 PM
mo' photochoppage...

speedminded
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
i boredid...

mocha latte cupcake
12-29-2005, 03:31 PM
yellow headlights = yes
trunk = yes
roof = no
Color Change = no
Painted Aluminum = no

jm has spoken

Repost Squintz
12-29-2005, 06:19 PM
seibon makes a cf hatch for ur ride

kelly marie
12-29-2005, 08:53 PM
yellow headlights = yes
trunk = yes
roof = no
Color Change = no
Painted Aluminum = no

agreed
agreed
agreed
agreed
agreed
and i like the hatch the way it is.. :goodjob:

speedminded
12-30-2005, 09:58 AM
and i like the hatch the way it is.. :goodjob:eh? :confused:

kelly marie
12-30-2005, 10:18 AM
dont get the cf hatch you idiot!! lol

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 10:21 AM
blasphemy! don't listen to her! i say get it! WEIGHT SAVE WEIGHT SAVE~!

speedminded
12-30-2005, 10:27 AM
dont get the cf hatch you idiot!! loljust wondering...you put agreed 5x quoting JM and he said go with CF...then you said you like it the way it is....who knows i may paint the cf trunk to match the car...depends on if i like the way it looks or not. Whatever i do i gotta do it soon...i'm sooo sick of seeing all the holes on mine.

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 10:41 AM
you know i have the perfect solution to this... just give me your car and you can have mine, and you'll never have to worry about seeing any holes again :D

speedminded
12-30-2005, 10:48 AM
you know i have the perfect solution to this... just give me your car and you can have mine, and you'll never have to worry about seeing any holes again :DFor $20,000 i'll give it to you with Tein RA's, Brembo brakes, and a professionally installed 6 point rollcage :D

kelly marie
12-30-2005, 10:48 AM
just wondering...you put agreed 5x quoting JM and he said go with CF...then you said you like it the way it is....who knows i may paint the cf trunk to match the car...depends on if i like the way it looks or not. Whatever i do i gotta do it soon...i'm sooo sick of seeing all the holes on mine.lol whoops i didnt realize i agreed with the truck ish.. if you do get it paint it.. i dont like the whole black hood white top black trunk.. but thats IMO:eye:

kelly marie
12-30-2005, 10:49 AM
For $20,000 i'll give it to you with Tein RA's, Brembo brakes, and a professionally installed 6 point rollcage :Dill give you 10k!! lol ummmm when are you getting the rollcage in?

speedminded
12-30-2005, 10:50 AM
lol whoops i didnt realize i agreed with the truck ish.. if you do get it paint it.. i dont like the whole black hood white top black trunk.. but thats IMO:eye:Panda!

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 10:51 AM
ooooo, tempting, let me find a street bum and sell his organs, then i can get that and get a TODA head and cam package muahahahaha :king:

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rmlicensing.com/ENG/Sanx/San-X/pin%20art/TarePanda%20art.gif

http://www.billybear4kids.com/postcards/panda/3.gif

speedminded
12-30-2005, 11:04 AM
ooooo, tempting, let me find a street bum and sell his organs, then i can get that and get a TODA head and cam package muahahahaha :king:Mmmm...todddaaaaa spec c's please.

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 11:07 AM
how much do those run and gains? worth it?

kelly marie
12-30-2005, 11:10 AM
oh my :gay: jm... lol baby pandas..

i just dont like that look.. maybe if his car wasnt white.. but like i said thats IMO!!

kelly marie
12-30-2005, 11:11 AM
and what is that aluminium thing? is that the splitter? cuz i like the way it looks.. dont paint that ish yo...

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 11:13 AM
lol mini teg lol baby panda same thing lol.... and yeah panda rocks! and i call it a splitter but i heard jason calls it the air destroyer... who knows tho.

kelly marie
12-30-2005, 11:20 AM
lol air destroyer??

omg i was at the wal-mart last night and i saw this FUGLY ricer integra.. lol might have been a gsr.. omg i was about to puke. lol it was white with a black hood and some ugly ass graphics just on just the hood.. lol stupid body kit and some other gay ish.. lol at first i though it was jason.. lol til i got up close.. sorry!!

speedminded
12-30-2005, 11:29 AM
how much do those run and gains? worth it?I think the skunk 2 stage 2's are very similiar to the toda spec b's...but for way less than half the price. I'm sure it's a high quaility part, they've been making cams for b-series longer than anyone else but unless i found an unbelievable deal i'd go with something else...Jun's put out a little more power but cost just as much or more. ($1k+ for cam shaft's only)

I know where some stage 2 skunks are and i've seen over 200whp using them so will prolly go that direction...plus they're cheap. i'm working on an engine build list now using whatever parts i can get the best deals on. Prolly go with CTR pistons and port the head myself but i really really wanna knife blade the crank...prolly won't be happy until it rev's like a bike ;)

speedminded
12-30-2005, 11:34 AM
and what is that aluminium thing? is that the splitter? cuz i like the way it looks.. dont paint that ish yo...The silver thing is the spoiler and the horizontal piece is the splitter...i use it to scrape up cigaratte butts on the street :D

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 11:35 AM
i hear ya, i have heard that the CTR pistons don't generate good air flow tho? they have the pointed piston top which doesn't allow a good flow pattern once in the cylinder b/c it flow turbulently as opposed to a flat top like a standard piston. Also, wanna give me a breif explaination of what Knife edging is and does. I've always heard it but never had it explained.

speedminded
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
i hear ya, i have heard that the CTR pistons don't generate good air flow tho? they have the pointed piston top which doesn't allow a good flow pattern once in the cylinder b/c it flow turbulently as opposed to a flat top like a standard piston. Also, wanna give me a breif explaination of what Knife edging is and does. I've always heard it but never had it explained.the ctr pistons are "dome top" pistons creating less space in the clyinder resulting in greater compression and more power/torque. Haven't heard anything negative about them exect the taller piston may cause some clearance issues to the valves...properly put together, clay tested, etc. and it's not a problem though.

As for the knife blading/edging...there's a couple ways to do it but i'm mainly interest in machining the trailing edge and maybe rounding the leading edge. The trailing edge is practically squared off but can easily be cut down to a point shaving quite a bit of weight and allowing it to cut through the oil much more efficiently....

Check out the left side vs. the right side on this pic...
http://hondaracingstores.com/images/crankbigpic.jpg

With that done combined with my 8.5lb Cusco flywheel it will rev insanely quick...w/ just a blip of the throttle will give any honda lover a hard on :D

mocha latte cupcake
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
ahh, and now i see the advantages lol. well umm.... yeah i feel everything but the 8.5 i'm anti less than 13 for anything that is street'd. but i share you love of all of the above. thanks for the quick lesson in crank theory

speedminded
12-30-2005, 01:25 PM
ahh, and now i see the advantages lol. well umm.... yeah i feel everything but the 8.5 i'm anti less than 13 for anything that is street'd. but i share you love of all of the above. thanks for the quick lesson in crank theorynaww, my 8 1/2 works just fine...on the street. It's a one piece chromoly so no chance of it coming apart like the multi-piece aluminum ones. With a decent clutch & stout pressure plate it's nearly impossible to stall unless you're deliberately trying...the clutch just grabs and it will idle around without a problem.

NAIZBST
12-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Nice spot! daaaamn. I dont know about the hatch....not sure how well they line up.

I have one on my teg and it lines up fine

NAIZBST
12-30-2005, 06:01 PM
yeah thats what i'm sayin, the car will look great i'm sure. how much does the hatch save? and also thought about FAL glass?

I have a cf hatch and lexan glass on my teg
it weights next to nothing. :idb:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/sa3rteg/IM000431.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/sa3rteg/IMG_17737.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/sa3rteg/IM000430.jpg

jason has seen my car

speedminded
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
testing photochops...

Kevykev
01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
FINAL DESTINATION BITCHES!!!

Repost Squintz
01-28-2006, 10:57 AM
FINAL DESTINATION BITCHES!!!
1,2, or 3 :eye:

DOHC ACCLUDE
01-30-2006, 11:03 PM
PM me when you get a chance about the CRX and the lip fabrication

Jdm94Coupe
02-06-2006, 10:28 AM
hey speedminded do u do body work/paint?

95jdmdc4
02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
I would not paint the cf trunk, just do that and the hood, and leave it cf, no paint, leave everything else and it'll mesh well.

eclipsed
02-08-2006, 04:09 PM
nice teggggg!

Allmota
02-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Very clean Teg...

green91
02-11-2006, 12:08 PM
dont paint the roof. it will look like a skunk.