PDA

View Full Version : Funny things about the scene...

4dmin
12-28-2005, 03:41 PM
I have been in the scene for a while, longer than some, less than others, but whatever... been on IA since 01', working with IA for over 2 years, been in 2 different car clubs before, i've worked on 4 different cars and hopefully a 5th this year... blah blah blah.

somethings i've always found funny:

1) car clubs/teams who think they are the shit, they are ran like a business, and are full of cocky members who think a piece of plastic or a sticker on their car gives them clout. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

2) individuals who think they are paving the way for others... http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/thinking.gif is there like a cult following of 15 yr olds waiting to get their 1st car to be like you?

3) those who talk more than they act, i know people who have been working on the same car for years... http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/eek.gif are you recreating the batmobile?

4) shops are all new an hyped about... we do this and that and got this... 2 years down the road your name is forgotten

these are a few of the things i find funny... i've been to more events/meets this past year than some have their entire time in the scene. the scene doesn't change as the players do, but remember its here to have FUN. its that 3 letter word most people forget. just thought i'd share [/rant]

* i'll say it before some smart ass wants to.. i have probably done something along the lines above at some point in time so EAD!!!

Hulud
12-28-2005, 03:42 PM
werd
preach it!

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:21 PM
[/thread]

PhAtBoYMr2
12-28-2005, 04:26 PM
fuck the scene, it ended like 3-4 years ago

thinkfast®
12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
the scene was tragically caught in the Tsunamis..

RIP "Scene"

Big Baller
12-28-2005, 04:46 PM
fuck the scene, it ended like 3-4 years ago

Thats exactly the kind of shit he is talking about. You think the scene died 3 or 4 years ago, you are sadly mistaken

PSINXS
12-28-2005, 04:49 PM
my team is the shit. we just got stickers!!!

wes_297
12-28-2005, 04:55 PM
my team is cooler than yours. we got realy big stickers for more horsepower :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

PhAtBoYMr2
12-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Thats exactly the kind of shit he is talking about. You think the scene died 3 or 4 years ago, you are sadly mistaken

well...not really, your going to tell me the shows now are better than the shows back then? there were so many people freash into the game, everyone was just getting started...now people are tired and broke... The scene hasnt completly died....but its defintly on the verge everyone is getting older and the prioroties are changing.......

Just go to nopi.....it has a pretty major decrease in ticket sales like ever year

PSINXS
12-28-2005, 04:56 PM
but our sig larger thats like 20whp per memeber oh snap!!!!

Paul pleae dont be ban me for being a dumbass right now lol

Nemesis
12-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Damn, couldnt have said it better myself. +100000000000 lol

Julio
12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Nice post.

Tracy
12-28-2005, 05:46 PM
I love how people who think that the internet is kin to the bible. I also love when people say...My friend's car had the same set up and made XXXX amount of power. Or I read in a magazine that it should make XXXXX power!

Crazy Asian
12-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Scene is definetly dying and not a lot of new products are coming out well for the damn expensive ass cars....everything so played and used. What is there to do next..hovering civics?!?!

Tracy
12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
guys sorry to disagree with some of you..but the scene is not or almost dead. Our business keeps picking up. Even tho it's the holidays we are still slammed ;)

carrascopa
12-28-2005, 05:57 PM

no he is exactly correct! it has died.. your living in the aftermath bro

Jimmy B
12-28-2005, 05:59 PM
the shows are deff not wha they used to be... but "the scene" in general is a wide range...

i do know it will never be like it was back in 2000-02 byt hey.. thats life right.. \

one phrase....

Fantasy Nights...

JITB
12-28-2005, 06:02 PM
I liked the scene before the forums.. Before everyone had a "project car"... and everyone learned on the internet raather than doing stuff..

4dmin
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
the scene isn't dying or is it dead, it just evolves... the players change ;) .... it used to be show now its track/drift, next who knows... ;)

Crazy Asian
12-28-2005, 06:15 PM
FLYIN CARS I TELL YOU!!!!

ProjectWidow
12-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Great post Paul! I agree with you on some parts. I would also say that the scene really isn't dying but rathering changing. I remeber first getting into the scene in 00-01 and remeber driving by UAB and always seeing a new car there. Seemed like everyone was trying something new and being different. I remeber going to my first few car shows and seeing new things on some people's cars each show. People were having fun! Some people now only care about "winning" and not even about the scene. I mean winning is sweet and all but thats not what the whole scene is about.

but whatever, im just a youngin.

T.S.
12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
great post brother (he really is my brother though)..... i Think alot of what he is saying is true. If you look at what the cars looked like when Jeff Townsmen was in the show scene. Everyone who was around when the first cars where tweeded out. Then it went to vinyl. And that was the hottest thing, Widebody'sAnd then Larger rims and bigger stereo systems. And fiberglass and faster cars and lambo doors. Then carbon fiber and if you didnt have a pair of 20's on your ride its not the shit anymore. And now its speed. And drifting. The scene will always be a scene as long as we keep it alive, whether your into speed, drifting or spend 100k on a civic. WE MAKE THE SCENE. WE ARE THE SCENE!!

Julio
12-28-2005, 07:09 PM
SCENE? Wtf is that ? Are you peeps making a movie or something?

quickdodge®
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
SCENE

I hate the use of that word in this hobby. Later, QD.

Big Baller
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
no he is exactly correct! it has died.. your living in the aftermath bro

First I'm not your bro.

I might be living in the aftermath of the show scene, which I honestly could give a flying fuck about. That seems to be what most of you "import enthusiast" consider the scene.

I however, like most of the "car enthusiast" I know dont really care a whole lot about car shows. I would prefer to go to the track.

But hey I'm sure that everyone(especially you) on this board knows more about cars, car shows, and racing than I do.

Matt

threehundred
12-28-2005, 09:02 PM
The car show circuit is dying down, that's for sure. I don't know about other arenas, but the car show "scene" is dying. Back in the day, you could go to any local car show, even shows in high school parking lots, and the big dogs were there. Now some of the biggest clubs can't have a car show with even 20% of the cars actually being worthy of showing to someone. Like Jimmy said, "Fantasy Nights". I remember starting out and going to the East Coast Honda shows, The Children of the Gathering. You'd have a pretty decent show, much bigger than local shows today on the weekends before and after NOPI. Now pretty much the only real shows are HIN and NOPI, and HIN isn't even coming to Atlanta anymore. What does that tell you?

PhAtBoYMr2
12-28-2005, 09:05 PM
seems like you took this kinda personal man but w/e, were on the subject of the ''import scene'' hence the name importatlanta, there will always be people willing to modify there cars weather
its a euro,domestic or whatever....

but the overall spirit and fun factor has died, like i said earlier, people are getting older and trying to get their priorties straight. weather it be track, car show or whatever you cant fail to admit that it's just not as fun anymore

Nittanys1
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
so is it bad that I have had the same car for 5 yrs? shit man I go through women faster then cars....not much faster but still faster....

Big Baller
12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
seems like you took this kinda personal man but w/e, were on the subject of the ''import scene'' hence the name importatlanta, there will always be people willing to modify there cars weather
its a euro,domestic or whatever....

but the overall spirit and fun factor has died, like i said earlier, people are getting older and trying to get their priorties straight. weather it be track, car show or whatever you cant fail to admit that it's just not as fun anymore

I dont take anything on the internet personally, yes we were talking about the import scene.

Yeah people are getting older and the scene is changing, yeah my priorities have changed, now I have a, house, a construction\development business, 5 cars and a lizard.

But is it still fun, yep, but I guess life is what you make it, just like the scene is what you make it.

Matt

carrascopa
12-28-2005, 10:55 PM
First I'm not your bro.

I might be living in the aftermath of the show scene, which I honestly could give a flying fuck about. That seems to be what most of you "import enthusiast" consider the scene.

I however, like most of the "car enthusiast" I know dont really care a whole lot about car shows. I would prefer to go to the track.

But hey I'm sure that everyone(especially you) on this board knows more about cars, car shows, and racing than I do.

Matt

matt ball sayin i aint his bro! hahahahaha.. chill man! it aint that big of a deal! your taking shit personal for real..

u must not know who this is man????????????????????????/

This is ALex.. John Stamos... The mortgage guy???

now u know no need to trip on me "BRO" we all friends here

n further more.. the scene IMO has died.. evolved into other things true n i dont take that away from ne 1 do your thang! but the mass that once was is no longer!

Crazy Asian
12-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Actually in Cali..the scenes isnt dying..theres just way too many import out there especially the freakin nice ones out there driving around and everyone meets up. We have Nisei every thursday and tuesday theres a meet in Northridge and so forth, Shit I remember goin to Pomona and everyone would be there to test their cars out. At least 50-100 cars would be there and just drag,trash talk, or just for some good times. I dragged my car once a horrible score I say....threw away the slip ran a 16think..........damn auto.

Stormhammer
12-28-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't know about dying

but being downsized by authorities? hmm, yep.

granted other sections have expanded - like drifting ( how the hell did that get so popular so fast is beyond me )

Crazy Asian
12-29-2005, 12:00 AM
drifting I hate...up in Angeles Crest Highway we have morons tryin to be all professional when rly they end up flyin off the highway or hittin some other vehicle. HAHA some guy in a 240 wrappped his car into a treee...ahhaahh that was the best.

The Yousef
12-29-2005, 12:04 AM
I have been in the scene for a while, longer than some, less than others, but whatever... been on IA since 01', working with IA for over 2 years, been in 2 different car clubs before, i've worked on 4 different cars and hopefully a 5th this year... blah blah blah.

somethings i've always found funny:

1) car clubs/teams who think they are the shit, they are ran like a business, and are full of cocky members who think a piece of plastic or a sticker on their car gives them clout. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

2) individuals who think they are paving the way for others... http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/thinking.gif is there like a cult following of 15 yr olds waiting to get their 1st car to be like you?

3) those who talk more than they act, i know people who have been working on the same car for years... http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/eek.gif are you recreating the batmobile?

4) shops are all new an hyped about... we do this and that and got this... 2 years down the road your name is forgotten

these are a few of the things i find funny... i've been to more events/meets this past year than some have their entire time in the scene. the scene doesn't change as the players do, but remember its here to have FUN. its that 3 letter word most people forget. just thought i'd share [/rant]

* i'll say it before some smart ass wants to.. i have probably done something along the lines above at some point in time so EAD!!!

...damn ricer

j/k...+10 y0!

Hulud
12-29-2005, 12:12 AM
well...not really, your going to tell me the shows now are better than the shows back then? there were so many people freash into the game, everyone was just getting started...now people are tired and broke... The scene hasnt completly died....but its defintly on the verge everyone is getting older and the prioroties are changing.......

Just go to nopi.....it has a pretty major decrease in ticket sales like ever year
im tired of people in every type of scene there is, whether music, cars, etc... say that it was better back when

grow up and realize that the 'scene' you used to so love has changed, maybe you dont like how it has changed and if thats the case then get the fuck out and the 'scene' wont miss you

civic95
12-29-2005, 06:24 AM
What I find funny is people that talk about all these plans for their car, like next month its going to be completly different and finished. Then 4 yrs later it's exactly the same or beaten to shit.

and now you have to have a turbo to be anybody.

threehundred
12-29-2005, 07:30 AM
What I find funny is people that talk about all these plans for their car, like next month its going to be completly different and finished. Then 4 yrs later it's exactly the same or beaten to shit.

and now you have to have a turbo to be anybody.

WHo are you again? I don't recognize you without a turbo.. :lmfao:

Big Baller
12-29-2005, 07:45 AM
matt ball sayin i aint his bro! hahahahaha.. chill man! it aint that big of a deal! your taking shit personal for real..

u must not know who this is man????????????????????????/

This is ALex.. John Stamos... The mortgage guy???

now u know no need to trip on me "BRO" we all friends here

n further more.. the scene IMO has died.. evolved into other things true n i dont take that away from ne 1 do your thang! but the mass that once was is no longer!

What up man, I didnt even realize it was you.

I still disagree, if anything I say the scene is getting stronger, the ricers seem to be going by the wayside, and all the sudden there are alot of really fast imports around here. I remember when you could count all the sub 12 second imports around here on one hand. now I cant even keep track of the 10 second ones.

Brett
12-29-2005, 07:46 AM
He did better, he has a Jackson Racing SC :D

4dmin
12-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Actually i'm glad to see the scene growing in different directions:

1) the show cars are getting scarce but the rides are getting hottier i remember civic classes having to be broken down by year at local shows, now honda's aren't 90% of the show, but you do see playa's rolling in 350z, 300, TSX, A4, 330, etc... people are stepping up from those under 20k cars to 20+k cars ;)

2) track scene has gone from from fast to faster, specially w/ the amount of boosted cars now of days... WRX, EVO, STI, 1.8t, SRT-4... i love it b/c we are now catching up to places like florida where everything is boosted

3) drifting, who would of ever thought out of no where all of these companies would jump aboard and start dropping mad $$$ to push this new fashion in the scene

the scene is definately growing just in other directions, people are driving nicer, faster rides and it is definately a step in the future of the scene. shit i was talking to Greg C. last night and we were discussing this topic and he like me and many others... no matter what happens to the "import scene" this is a hobby that die hards just can't get out. i'm sorry but no matter what car i find i can always find something to do to it... wheels, lowering, etc... there is no car out that that looks good stock that wouldn't look better upgraded ;)